EA Forums - Banner

Will NHL18 be "Xbox One X Enhanced"?

2Next

Replies

• After doing my own research on 4k @ 60hz vs 2k @ 144hz I've found the limited benefits of the higher resolution are minimal compared to the benefits of the higher refresh rate.

Moral of the story refresh rate is better than resolution especially given the lack of power of current day hardware. Sure the new consoles might run 4k @ 60 fps but at what graphics settings? Medium and low? Just max resolution? That's kind of a waste if you ask me.

How would you not know this if you're a PC guy lol? Frame rate > Resolution all day.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    After doing my own research on 4k @ 60hz vs 2k @ 144hz I've found the limited benefits of the higher resolution are minimal compared to the benefits of the higher refresh rate.

Moral of the story refresh rate is better than resolution especially given the lack of power of current day hardware. Sure the new consoles might run 4k @ 60 fps but at what graphics settings? Medium and low? Just max resolution? That's kind of a waste if you ask me.

How would you not know this if you're a PC guy lol? Frame rate > Resolution all day.

Frame rate does not equal refresh rate and because I've been playing on a TV rather than a monitor.
  • When will this patch be out 4k update???????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Love my Xbox one x and my tcl 55" 605p tv that has 4k and hdr.

Would highly recommend the new Xbox and very inexpensive tv to anyone in North America. Fantastic.

My games look stunning ...except for NHL ...so yea ...waiting for that update