EA Forums - Banner

A new survey from EA....

Replies

• EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    These surveys are a bit more than PR fluff and do actually matter. Keep it as constructive as possible if there are any free fields and I'm sure our teams will do our best to take into account the feedback you provide.

We can't manually send out these surveys to you once the batch has been sent from what I gather. There are criteria used to select the player base to which we send these however from what I know it's sent to as many players as possible.

First of all as pointed out by @B-Bunny I would check your spam folders and email settings. If everything is in order check if you are signed up for the "EA Sports NHL news" on the EA sports site: https://www.easports.com/nhl

You can also double check your email preferencehere.

I also assume that this more than likely based on whether or not you own any recent NHL games, so for @MetalMilitia623 & @Killerskillet the odds that you get this survey may be lower than most. For the rest of you I would advise you to double check if your GamerTag or PSN ID is associated with the email address on which you are looking for this survey:

My account: About me

It should look like this:
    8j7eyxb61jp6.png

Spoiler alert, that's not my real PSN :smile:

• I hope we get better results.....last years survey went out and we ended up with NHL 3s and a Mascot creator. I️ don’t know who received those surveys and why they chose that crap but meanwhile legacy issues still exist, virtually no presentation upgrade, and the worst part of all, horrible teammate AI. Here’s to hoping for a better survey result
  • So their first question in this survey is what would convince you in buying another NH... I want to say pile of **** instead of politely asking what do you think should be the priority for improving the gameplay or mode experience...
  • EA_Roger wrote: »
    I also assume that this more than likely based on whether or not you own any recent NHL games, so for @MetalMilitia623 & @Killerskillet the odds that you get this survey may be lower than most.

Right, like I said, EA is only interested in hearing from the most current purchasers, meaning those most interested in a roster update rather than the people who want it on saaaaayy... PC. What a joke. This absolutely is "PR fluff" if there's zero attempt to reach the people who literally can't purchase the game. I can't do anything about EA refusing to sell me a product, and EA keeps people who haven't bought the product at arm's length. It's a stupid, vicious cycle where I can't purchase the game year after year, and EA gets less and less feedback from the largest, most profitable gaming platform in video game history.

As I said, this survey is the illusion of participation, designed to make purchasers feel like they're making a difference while EA gets ready to reach into your wallet for next year's roster update.
  • @EA_Roger @NHLDev This is the kind of thing you should look into, look at people who have origin and who also participate in discussions regarding sports titles on forums and social media. I know the marketing department at EA hires people specifically to work these sites but that is something to look into.

I'm pretty sure I have an origin account despite not using it because the one time I used it which was around when it launched it was very poor compared to steam and I didn't like it at all, same issues I had with uPlay. I actually refuse to play the Trials game I have because it requires uPlay despite being a pretty fun game, except for the random frame rate drops.

Anyway I'd think getting a survey like this into the hands of as many people as possible even if most won't fill it out would be a better idea imo.
  • EA_Lanna
    179 posts EA Community Manager
    edited December 2017
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    I also assume that this more than likely based on whether or not you own any recent NHL games, so for @MetalMilitia623 & @Killerskillet the odds that you get this survey may be lower than most.

Right, like I said, EA is only interested in hearing from the most current purchasers, meaning those most interested in a roster update rather than the people who want it on saaaaayy... PC. What a joke. This absolutely is "PR fluff" if there's zero attempt to reach the people who literally can't purchase the game. I can't do anything about EA refusing to sell me a product, and EA keeps people who haven't bought the product at arm's length. It's a stupid, vicious cycle where I can't purchase the game year after year, and EA gets less and less feedback from the largest, most profitable gaming platform in video game history.

As I said, this survey is the illusion of participation, designed to make purchasers feel like they're making a difference while EA gets ready to reach into your wallet for next year's roster update.

Please allow me to clarify on the points you raised to prevent any misunderstanding as I know that you have taken this to mean your feedback isn't valued based off of survey criteria.

EA_Roger outlined the following:
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    There are criteria used to select the player base to which we send these however from what I know it's sent to as many players as possible.
    This means that EA_Roger is offering his opinion and insight on the matter, not stating the criteria for the survey releases.

To add to this, if you have not received a survey on this occasion, please don't feel like your feedback is not valued or that your options are limited to this survey. You can provide feedback constantly on multiple EA channels, this forum being just one example of that. We want your feedback and we encourage to share it. We do relay the feedback you all share to the forum. On this - wee disclaimer incoming - feedback should always be in line with the forum rules and guidelines. :) (< my inner moderator got the better of me there).
    I can't do anything about EA refusing to sell me a product,
    I've reviewed the thread, I cannot see where you were refused the right to purchase the game? If this is in reference to purchasing NHL on PC, we don't currently have the new NHL title available on this platform. it's just not available on your preferred platform.

One more call out - Please guys be mindful not to derail the thread from the OP's comment. Thanks 0/
  • EA_Lanna wrote: »
    To add to this, if you have not received a survey on this occasion, please don't feel like your feedback is not valued or that your options are limited to this survey. You can provide feedback constantly on multiple EA channels, this forum being just one example of that. We want your feedback and we encourage to share it. We do relay the feedback you all share to the forum. On this - wee disclaimer incoming - feedback should always be in line with the forum rules and guidelines. :) (< my inner moderator got the better of me there).

In the spirit of not derailing the discussion pertaining to the processing of feedback, I am not going to delve into how EA is blocking my (and literally millions of other gamers') purchase of their software. My stance on this issue is basically outlined in my very avatar. Having said that...

What we hear from EA and what we get are worlds apart. Can we provide feedback on "multiple channels"? I suppose, technically. Does anything ever come of it? Absolutely not, no. I've never received an answer to one simple issue after literally years of asking by way of:
    Live chat support
    Forum posting
    EA Help posting
    Emails
    Youtube comments
    Google+ posting
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Surveys in the past

To this day, I still don't have an answer to one simple question. I have no doubt that this survey alone wouldn't fix the public relations disaster that is Electronic Arts, but to make the survey so exclusive is really just part and parcel of how out of touch the company is with the real world. I forget who said it, but it was in this forum that someone complained that EA does everything behind closed doors, behind a shroud of secrecy. Only when the internet loses its collective mind do we hear anything in the way of an apology or explanation (See Star Wars Battlefront for more on that). It's only in these brief instances do I feel like EA has some actual humans working there, actually taking feedback on board. I've all but lost hope for this company to react or respond before the situation reaches nuclear meltdown levels.
  • RSall14
    612 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    There's only two things I care about, REAL PLAYER MOVEMENT TECH and REAL PLAYER DIFFERENTIATION, customization is nice but the first two are key. If they can nail those two maybe we could finally have a fun game again. I'm not expecting much but if they are able to figure out a way to give us the same feel of last gen skating it's a step in the right direction. I would hope RPD affects all modes, especially EASHL. The classes should be tuned throughout the year opposed to being set in stone when the game releases.
  • I think it makes sense that they limited these surveys to the people who have purchased the game recently (I filled out mine last night). How can you give feedback on the current state of the game and what you would like to see in future versions of the game from a position of knowledge and experience if you haven't played it in years?

Also... it seems like EA is interested in addressing some core issues with some of the subject matter I saw in the questions.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    There's only two things I care about, REAL PLAYER MOVEMENT TECH and REAL PLAYER DIFFERENTIATION, customization is nice but the first two are key. If they can nail those two maybe we could finally have a fun game again. I'm not expecting much but if they are able to figure out a way to give us the same feel of last gen skating it's a step in the right direction. I would hope RPD affects all modes, especially EASHL. The classes should be tuned throughout the year opposed to being set in stone when the game releases.

I agree. I think this would benefit the game more than anything else they could work on.
  • ThatPope1 wrote: »
    RSall14 wrote: »

I agree. I think this would benefit the game more than anything else they could work on.

Any conversation about making the game better/more popular begins and ends with the skating, if it isn't overhauled then it is just going to keep losing popularity as it has been the last few years.
  • Santini3 wrote: »
    I think it makes sense that they limited these surveys to the people who have purchased the game recently (I filled out mine last night). How can you give feedback on the current state of the game and what you would like to see in future versions of the game from a position of knowledge and experience if you haven't played it in years?

Also... it seems like EA is interested in addressing some core issues with some of the subject matter I saw in the questions.

So I can put in the survey to make the dang game on my platform of choice...

fun games sell.

the game just got... like a chore.

my entire club is playing 2k18 basketball, we aren't even basketball fans and we are having a blast and LAUGHING while playing...

can people say the same for hockey recently (new gen) ?

Not sure which version of last gen you are talking about, but for me 14 and 15 still had wonky skating issues and weird pivots. Horrible control at slow speeds, horribly slow pivots, and anything stop-and-go was horrible.

In short, I feel like everything bad on old gen is made worse on current gen. Anything good on old gen is made almost as good on current gen.

So basically what was good isn't as good now, and what was bad is even worse now. No wonder the game is a chore to play.
  • Santini3 wrote: »
    I think it makes sense that they limited these surveys to the people who have purchased the game recently (I filled out mine last night). How can you give feedback on the current state of the game and what you would like to see in future versions of the game from a position of knowledge and experience if you haven't played it in years?

So I can put in the survey to make the dang game on my platform of choice...

which costs less than a console, but is loads better?
  • In my eyes it's always going to be better regardless of cost.

I may be limited on sports titles but you guys don't have red orchestra/rising storm, Arma, escape from tarkov, civilization vi, wargame, csgo, and plenty of other games that are not available on your platforms.

I may be limited on sports titles but you guys don't have red orchestra/rising storm, Arma, escape from tarkov, civilization vi, wargame, csgo, and plenty of other games that are not available on your platforms.

Then why are you here, and not on the forums for games you actually play, on a platform that you actually own, that is better than a console, and cheaper?

Then why are you here, and not on the forums for games you actually play, on a platform that you actually own, that is better than a console, and cheaper?

I am on those forums and also playing those games, sometimes I just pop on here too because, why not?
  • I think there should be a new commentary team like on Sportsnet or HNIC with Ron Maclean as the studio host.
  • Don't need surveys. Just stop breaking **** that works great... Listen to your player base when they make suggestions on little things that would go a long way to improve experience. Finally make a list of all the things that have been broken on this game for years and put every resource you have into fixing it.

I wasn't going to buy after playing beta (just couldn't take this same broken game that is exactly the same as past few except some new, mostly bad, clunky mechanics). But someone gave me theirs since they hated it. It's been 3 months and it didn't seem like any of the problems from beta have been fixed.

Theres your survey. Stop changing the game, stop breaking if. Find out everything that is less than optimal and work on fixing it until you have a solid stable game that plays smooth. It would be like if you had I nice car that your didn't maintain. Kept buying upgrade that add nothing like flashy wheels, meanwhile you have a flat tire..