EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

How’s bossy?

Looking for a top line lw?

Replies

• Expo likes him. I'm rolling with 94 mcdonald
  • Is Mcdonald right handed shot?
  • Chucklez wrote: »
    Is Mcdonald right handed shot?

Yeah. But his 94 card is like 200k. Not sure how much you want to spend. Perry with RS active is very good.
  • They are both great cards but I don’t play well with them. It’s funny how you can play well with certain players and not others. I play better with 88 Marchand, 88 Face off Toews, 88 Malkin, 88 Benn than I did with 92 Ovie, Bossy, McDonald, and Stamkos. There are bunch off others. I play well with some legends and awful with others. Must come down to individual play style I guess.
  • Fave off toews is sick. Love that card
  • Fave off toews is sick. Love that card

Agreed
  • My 4 LWs
    1) 92 EVO OVI
    2) 94 McDonald
    3) 93 Bossy
    4) 90 Perry

bossy is a beast
  • Great sniper
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • Love FO Toews hes staying... I have Bossy on LD and he is sick... D to D one Ts all Day... you should try it!!!
  • Shieldzor
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Not sure why guys are putting players in their off wing positions, aside from the “against the grain” 1 timer, it really can screw up your offensive zone line chemistry. Especially against decent players that know full well you’re trying to either pull that 1 timer or shoot opposite corner after a loose puck deke toe drag wrister once you hit the blue line heading for the top slot. Beyond easy to defend.

I use Bossy in his natural RW slot. Heatley & Messier are his linemates. I simply use Bossy to get in the zone, circle behind the net, & either pass to the slot for Heatley/Messier 1 timers or shoot top shelf short side.

He’s just ridiculously good at his natural position.
  • Shieldzor wrote: »
    Not sure why guys are putting players in their off wing positions, aside from the “against the grain” 1 timer, it really can screw up your offensive zone line chemistry. Especially against decent players that know full well you’re trying to either pull that 1 timer or shoot opposite corner after a loose puck deke toe drag wrister once you hit the blue line heading for the top slot. Beyond easy to defend.

I use Bossy in his natural RW slot. Heatley & Messier are his linemates. I simply use Bossy to get in the zone, circle behind the net, & either pass to the slot for Heatley/Messier 1 timers or shoot top shelf short side.

I can only speak for offline but the 1 timer right off the face off makes having the opposite sides totally worth it.

• I prefer ST.louis. When you have faceoff rightside. Just get strong center who ties opponent. Right winger that is St.Louis will get perfect shot. Also flash Jagr. Both. Worth to try i say.
  • leeriehle wrote: »
    Shieldzor wrote: »

I can only speak for offline but the 1 timer right off the face off makes having the opposite sides totally worth it.

The CHEESE
  • leeriehle wrote: »

Oh I know. I’ve used that strat for years & I shoot right while playing LD 99% of the time in EASHL.

The one great thing about using natural positioned D though? If you time your shot properly the ai will get a tripping penalty against that D 99% of the time, regardless of difficulty rating. Need a powerplay goal against superstar rating? Easiest way to do it right here.
  • I like my D on their stick side. It's a better defensive strategy. And when I'm circling the puck I'll switch them to open up the 1T