EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 on xbox one x

Prev1
I bought a xbox one x I wanted to know when it will have an update to optimize the game NHL18, because I tried my ps4 pro yesterday and I find no big difference between the ps4 pro and the xbox one x at graphic point of view.

Replies

• Its not had the Xbox one X Patch yet...
  • nothing
  • Any ETA on the Xbox One X Patch, EA?
  • Xbox enhancement page has been updated to "Coming soon" now as status from "In Development" last few days ago
  • NHL18 Xbox One X Enhanced Patch is OUT NOW!
  • I don't see anything difference looks the same as 1.04 patch no enhancements?
  • kilumnati wrote: »
    I don't see anything difference looks the same as 1.04 patch no enhancements?

The notes say 4k enhanced but less than a gig for the update screams of no 4k textures to me.
  • Well, there can be hardly any significant improvement in textures with such a little update size, I think.
  • I dunno, the graphics for this game alone aren't that big. No big scenes or anything like most other non sports games. There probably isn't really much to enhance, besides maybe making it look smoother. Unless you play at like some ice level camera.
  • So does this mean its now in native 4k or 4k enhanced...or do they mean the same thing
  • dregzo84 wrote: »
    So does this mean its now in native 4k or 4k enhanced...or do they mean the same thing

My guess is maybe the overall resolution is in 4k but the textures are still in a lesser resolution.
  • djneohockey
    721 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    On the other side there can be done much more than just more resolution to textures with more hardware power.
    So it can be nice update after all, you judge :)
  • On the other side there can be done much more than just more resolution to textures with more hardware power.
    So it can be nice update after all, you judge :)

No pc version so no judgment for me. I'm still sceptical to the claims that consoles are running true 4k and if they are what are the underlying graphic settings at. But that's just the #PCMasterRace in me :lol:
  • One cool thing about the patch is that out of town scores have been added to the score ticker during puck drops in season mode.
  • One cool thing about the patch is that out of town scores have been added to the score ticker during puck drops in season mode.

That is actually interesting. Thanks for sharing.
  • I think that the XBOX X and 4k tv will really play a bigger role in NHL19 & 20, as far as seeing more stunning graphics and noticable differences. I just hope that in NHL19 they fit in the cinamatic roles such as the 2K developers have in their franchise.
    ThunderBay OutLaws / [OWNER] [A. CAPTAIN]

That was added for the last patch, at least on PS4 it was. Maybe you are just noticing it?
  • NLucaj31
    153 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Post edited by NLucaj31 on
  • NLucaj31 wrote: »
    One cool thing about the patch is that out of town scores have been added to the score ticker during puck drops in season mode.

Wait a minute, I have been playing season mode now for 3 straight hours and I haven’t seen anything. Are you sure about this? Because if this is true then Im gonna lose my mind. I have been asking for this feature for 4 years now.

Again, where are you seeing this? Out of town scores from around the league should be shown during gameplay on the scorebar, but nothing is there. I’m not even seeing anything when the puck is dropping as you mentioned.

Under the scorebar it will say the the teams and final score. I had played Edmonton vs calgary before playing st louis vs pitt and it showed the score of 5-2 between the flames and oilers. It’s a black little box and the text is white and yellow winner/loser.
  • But is this during gameplay? I’m sorry, I’m having a little hard time understanding you