EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Ice sets

Prev13
habs92
138 posts Member
edited December 2017
WOW!! that is a nice christmas gift from EA, i wish i kept more gold collectibles. i had only 2 gold and the prices sky rocketed lol i got 93 mcdavid and 92 ovy.

Replies

• Wow. I only have one gold collectible and barely any base cards. Prolly going with Liane or Gaudeur though :grimace:
  • Barely got a gold collectable before. I bet there will be even less in packs now, and never in a free pack. EA wants your $$$.
  • I bought 4 gold plus pack with coins hoping for a gold collectible but nope. Still got some nice things... 1 prime, 1 totw, 1 milestone. legend sittler, 2 ice hellebuyck (89) 1 ice leon draisaitl (89) and 1 ice huberdeau(88).
  • This is great for those with untradeable cards. I had Mcdavid, kuch, Benn and Malkin! So now I have 93 Mcdavid and 94 kuch! Happy day!

Packs are juiced right now fyi!
  • paddymck1
    97 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Well, I have to give credit where credit is due. So thank you Star Wars. Thank you rough night EA had at the Game Awards yesterday. That one may have been a real eye opener. Last but not ....nevermind, thank you EA for finally attempting a bit of damage control in NHL. There must be some kind of consumer holiday coming up in which you hope to land yourself in the good graces of the consumers once again. My only question left is, what you got next for us? Muwahahahaha!!!
  • Well my 91 Mcdavid is worthless
  • Hahaha what the ****
    May the skill gap compression be with you
  • habs92
    138 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Managed to get ice crosby, ice karlsson, ice kane and ice doughty, oh yeahh!!

But damn, 3 of my special cards are now worthless. I feel your pain jim.
    Post edited by habs92 on
  • habs92
    138 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Damn, no more gold collectibles for winning div 1 title, it’s a carbon now, but untradeable so pretty much useless for me, at least 4 now.
  • habs92 wrote: »
    ****, no more gold collectibles for winning div 1 title, it’s a carbon now, but untradeable so pretty much useless for me, at least 4 now.

They sure want to minimize the amount of cold collectibles :grimace: I'm calling it now, later stages of gift of giving rewards wont include any cold collectibles :sweat:
  • Wasted 2 weeks to get 250000 coins for 92 Stamkos, bought him yesterday for 220000 coins!Today lowest price is 90000,so don’t know what to say.Some of you this must be great but after wasting hours for trading and gathering coins for certain top players,personally I can’t say anything else that screw you EA.
  • habs92
    138 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Wasted 2 weeks to get 250000 coins for 92 Stamkos, bought him yesterday for 220000 coins!Today lowest price is 90000,so don’t know what to say.Some of you this must be great but after wasting hours for trading and gathering coins for certain top players,personally I can’t say anything else that **** EA.

I agree, i have 92 kuch, 91 stam and even tho they’re fantastic, they’re worthless now. I think i paid like 140k each or something like that, i can’t remember. It hurts a lot, it’s great and really bad at the same time if you don’t have base gold cards and gold collectibles so i don’t really know how to feel about it.
  • And it is not even coin issue that much but the time wasted in auction etc.I have base Stamkos and gold collects to get better Stamkos now but....friggin time spent,I won’t use them.Nor much anything else for now on.
  • Im just saying i think this is the worst thing they could of done...
  • I won’t envy the new players who will hop on the HUT when they get NHL18 as a christmas present,christ it will be fun to play with starter back players against 5 star teams in div10.But EA has calculated that most of them will drive them parents crazy by whining to have 20 euroes more to buy packs.
  • This was good thing. Offcourse not everyone, but luckily i have not found smart use for gold collectibles earlier :)
  • Fast calculated i can make some 3 to 4 million coins profit. Uuyeaaa
  • These cards are also available in packs until Feb. I wish Mcdavid had better Face off stats. He's killing me as a centre
  • I won’t envy the new players who will hop on the HUT when they get NHL18 as a christmas present,christ it will be fun to play with starter back players against 5 star teams in div10.But EA has calculated that most of them will drive them parents crazy by whining to have 20 euroes more to buy packs.

And while I feel for you as you feel you waisted 2 weeks, that's part of the fun of hut. I personally love when they do this. Some folks get lucky, some don t. Whenever they do something like this it adds some life to the game. And one of my favorite parts of hut is the constant reshuffle of my team. Especially now with synergies. Good luck going forward but realize one thing. This will not be the only time your valued card loses money. Legends when they 1st came out were valued around 200k.
  • EA, you messed up on this one. You took your greed too far.
    I am the consequence of your actions