EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Changing positions.

Does it affect your team if you put an LD on an RD spot of LW at RW? Is there a change in syns,stats..if you do that?

Replies

• They say no. I don't get too crazy with it. But I have players at different **** and I don't notice anything wrong.
  • Not in stats or syns. But try thinkiing like an NHL coach. It will help.
    May the skill gap compression be with you
  • habs92
    138 posts Member
    Personally, it feels wrong, there’s something i don’t like, something that isn’t working. Maybe it’s in my head but i noticed that some defs are getting out of position a lot more easily when they’re not in their natural positions. So i always try to keep my LD on the left and my RD on the right. I have markov on the right and i don’t like that at all even tho he scores some nice 1 timers here and there. That’s probably the only good thing but usually, if i want to try 1 timers i just swap positions while playing.
  • jake19ny
    630 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I played a guy who ran 4 forwards out and 1 D on every line and his forwards playing D played too good in my opinion so I don’t think it matters. That said I don’t mess with my D but I prefer Ovi on RW and Kucherov and Kane on left wing because of their handeness. I find having a lefty on RW or a Righty on LW I fan on one timers a lot. Could he just me though
  • monz
    764 posts Member
    Forwards make excellent d-man as long as they have good defensive awareness. Mainly because most have higher slapshot accuracy, I've used FB Jagr, TOTW Kopitar and Andreychuk all with great results. Also it can help with synergies as defense lack some that are more readily available on forwards.
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    I played a guy who ran 4 forwards out and 1 D on every line and his forwards playing D played too good in my opinion so I don’t think it matters. That said I don’t mess with my D but I prefer Ovi on RW and Kucherov and Kane on left wing because of their handeness. I find having a lefty on RW or a Righty on LW I fan on one timers a lot. Could he just me though

Sure swapping wingers does not matter, or could even help
    May the skill gap compression be with you
  • Don't worry, The game automaticly changes your D to forwards in game. It usually happens when you're in the offensive zone :smile:
  • monz
    764 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Accidentally double posted my bad :(