EA Forums - Banner

Messages on PS4

What's up with all the children disabling/ blocking messages after losses on the PS4? You know how many times ive tried to message people who cheese after i destroy them in a game of OVP and i get the "can't message this player because of their settings" prompt? Well, 1 time in the past month because that's all I've played this mediocre game. But back when I played a lot this used to happen after at least half my wins. Is it a matter of people blocking you right away due to their shame of losing? Or is it just a case of them not accepting messages in general from random players?

Can't talk smack after wins anymore... sad!

Replies

• Does blocking only stop coms or does it keep you from matching with them again?
  • Depends on the blocking you do. You can set it to just block random messages (such as random messages from bad winners like the OP).
  • I find a lot of poor sports block you after you wreck them thinking they won’t get paired against you again. One game our club destroyed another club 9-2, I messaged and said “appreciate you guys not quitting, know that couldn’t have been fun but thanks for being good sports”.

Another game we scored two quick ones to go up 3-1...aaaand they quit. Then messaged us and accused us of cheating, and began berating us with messages.
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    I find a lot of poor sports block you after you wreck them thinking they won’t get paired against you again. One game our club destroyed another club 9-2, I messaged and said “appreciate you guys not quitting, know that couldn’t have been fun but thanks for being good sports”.

Another game we scored two quick ones to go up 3-1...aaaand they quit. Then messaged us and accused us of cheating, and began berating us with messages.

anyone who messages me ever, including my friends, gets reported for bullying.
    I find a lot of poor sports block you after you wreck them thinking they won’t get paired against you again. One game our club destroyed another club 9-2, I messaged and said “appreciate you guys not quitting, know that couldn’t have been fun but thanks for being good sports”.

Then taken to the interweb police

You do the same thing here?
    trw1987 wrote: »

Then taken to the interweb police

a193ce283e4be3975b5d8cb361c053a076553a413a6a6b01f7fc53faa1d7a5cc.jpg

no, not you guys.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

no, not you guys.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Well thank god

• I can understand sore losers messaging but sore winners too? Classy
  • It's funny having played with @Santini3 I never took him as a sore winner but the way he wrote the op it does kinda come off that way.
  • I always wonder what's the point of smack-talking after the game is already over. I could see if both players are mic'd up with each other and are jacking their jaw during the game, but after? That's some kind of special in my opinion.
  • I get the odd messages trash talking me after drop in games but I usually just delete them. I can’t be bothered responding to them.

Use a mic DURING the game!

I also dislike those that come on their mic in the 3rd period to talk smack and then turn it off before anyone can reply. A little to late dude, if you went on your mic and we’re constructive in the first or even second period it would be a lot more helpful to all involved.

Also what happened to being able to hear players through the tv if we didn’t have our mic on?
  • mhandymanb wrote: »
    I get the odd messages trash talking me after drop in games but I usually just delete them. I can’t be bothered responding to them.

I also dislike those that come on their mic in the 3rd period to talk smack and then turn it off before anyone can reply. A little to late dude, if you went on your mic and we’re constructive in the first or even second period it would be a lot more helpful to all involved.

Also what happened to being able to hear players through the tv if we didn’t have our mic on?

I think you still can, at least on the PS4 side I think. I can't remember for sure, but I think the PS4 has an audio routing setting for something like that. It's been a long time since I've been in that part of the menus though.

• I always wonder what's the point of smack-talking after the game is already over. I could see if both players are mic'd up with each other and are jacking their jaw during the game, but after? That's some kind of special in my opinion.
    mhandymanb wrote: »
    I get the odd messages trash talking me after drop in games but I usually just delete them. I can’t be bothered responding to them.

I think you still can, at least on the PS4 side I think. I can't remember for sure, but I think the PS4 has an audio routing setting for something like that. It's been a long time since I've been in that part of the menus though.

no it's broke on ps4 starting in NHL 18. You no longer hear the in game chat through your TV... have to use headset. There's post about it all over the internet. It's been refreshing because i used to plug in my headset (but not wear it) just to perma mute all the morons in dropins. I just wanted to hear some basic sound effects and watch/listen to TV at same time without being interrupted every 5 secs by drunk/high morons that have no idea what they are saying.