EA Forums - Banner

THE bar for franchise mode for ALL sports games

Ryokirah
15 posts Member
edited January 2018
Is Football Club Manager (I played 2014 the most).

Granted, its a whole game based around franchise mode. I would 100% buy a hockey version of that game. I kept wishing they would release one for hockey.

Don't let me down, EA.

Replies

• They have two iirc Eastside Hockey Manager and Franchise Hockey Manager.
  • Is the sim engine dots on a screen with text? Or can you actually watch the games and make changes on the fly?

How deep/expansive is the scouting pool?

do all get to hire/fire coaches, each with their own set of stats?
  • EHM is dots but the rest is all there, idk about FHM.
  • Are you saying you want a NHL game like they did with NFL head coach? ...I would be on board but not sure how well that game would sell.
  • Franchise Hockey Manager 4 is fun. It has its issues though, since it's only the 4th iteration of the game. Its biggest flaw is that it pales in comparison to the mother product of that company, Out of the Park Baseball (which is on its 18th iteration).

It is a fun game though and if you are into text sim games I would recommend it.

Eastside hockey manager is also fun. You have to download the real players and logos and whatnot as a side. As it stands, Eastside Hockey Manager has more depth. I'm a big sucker for historical modes though, and that's why I spend more time in FHM4.
  • Are you saying you want a NHL game like they did with NFL head coach? ...I would be on board but not sure how well that game would sell.

They already exist in text form and not made by ea.
  • I know. I used to play Eastside . If you remember NFL be a head coach 09.probably not I'm the only one I know who played it. A hockey game like that would be fun...but only for real true hockey fans and people all about franchise and franchise only. Could be 2 different games ..Ea would make extra money if they took extra care making them.
  • Do they have license to use NHL properties?
  • Ryokirah wrote: »
    Do they have license to use NHL properties?

They have nhl in EHM probably have it in fhm. EHM also has way more leagues down to high school for prospects and scouting
  • Just saw that same dev makes FCM that makes EHM, lol
  • Go look at the match engine for FCM18... *drools*

Maybe someday they'll get that for EHM