EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Christmas gifts

Replies

• I got a 92 Christmas Sakic, Ice Mcdavid, Ovechkin, Weber and a few other 88 overallish guys + the gold collectibles. For some reason haven't really enjoyed playing with Ice Ovi. With the stats being what they are these days he seems too slow and stiff.
    Does anyone know if the day in which you open packs (CS awards i.e) affects on the players you might get? Like having a better chance of getting an evo on evolution sets day etc?
  • i was gonna start a topic lol.. how the heck i got a super good pack..

too bad we cant sell card. but i take anytime free gift :)

i got kurri,gotisberg ice ( too bad i cant trade it), and 4 collectors gold to put player ice..

its awesome with gold collector it give me ton of choice of player to put ice.
  • i was gonna start a topic lol.. how the heck i got a super good pack..

i got kurri,gotisberg ice ( too bad i cant trade it), and 4 collectors gold to put player ice..

I got a 92 Martin Brodeur as my Xmas player. Scored an Ice Tarasenko and Ice Draisaitl.

Also got a 95 TOTW Karlsson. Can't sell him and he's worth over 300k on the open market. Not to mention I'd have to re-work my entire team to fit him in synergy-wise. Same with Brodeur, doesn't fit my synergies at all.

Bah humbug to EA and their untradeable cards.

• Forza_De_Rossi
    16 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    nWoDust wrote: »
    i was gonna start a topic lol.. how the heck i got a super good pack..

I got a 92 Martin Brodeur as my Xmas player. Scored an Ice Tarasenko and Ice Draisaitl.

Also got a 95 TOTW Karlsson. Can't sell him and he's worth over 300k on the open market. Not to mention I'd have to re-work my entire team to fit him in synergy-wise. Same with Brodeur, doesn't fit my synergies at all.

But then again, we don't go selling our real Christmas gifts either ;)

Anyone have any clue on what cards you are most likely going to get, if I open some packs today? Or is it all random and not depending on which day you open?
  • nWoDust wrote: »
    i was gonna start a topic lol.. how the heck i got a super good pack..

But then again, we don't go selling our real Christmas gifts either ;)

Anyone have any clue on what cards you are most likely going to get, if I open some packs today? Or is it all random and not depending on which day you open?

All random

• I got bossy....87 marchand and the rest were 83
  • 92 Shanahan my 4th line is 92 evos. Won't use him ever. Every thing else was crap.
  • Got recchi.. doesn’t crack my lineup. Got ice Neal and that’s it.. I did get sakic in my cs packs tho
  • 92 goalie that stinks nothing else over 87
  • I've got 6 golden collectables, basic Cry Baby Crosby (a player I don't want even as a special card), a 92 Christmas Recchi (seems like a lot hit him) and a Jonas Hiller winter game card (87 overall = zzzzz). I hopefully can do something fun with the Golden collectables though. Otherwise I think my pulls was a disappointment...
  • Bossy, and a 96 Messier. They are good pulls, but I'll probably never use them. Really wish you could trade or sell these cards. That Messier card could have really helped me build up my squad. You know what else could really help build my squad?..... 7000000 coins.
  • paddymck1 wrote: »
    Bossy, and a 96 Messier. They are good pulls, but I'll probably never use them. Really wish you could trade or sell these cards. That Messier card could have really helped me build up my squad. You know what else could really help build my squad?..... 7000000 coins.
    What's this 7mil coins thing about? Heard many people talking about it :smiley:

Gotta be a pretty stacked team if a 96 Messier doesn't fit in.
  • 96 messier is awesome. My 2nd line centre behind ipotg Crosby. You're a fool to not use messier
  • paddymck1
    97 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    paddymck1 wrote: »
    Bossy, and a 96 Messier. They are good pulls, but I'll probably never use them. Really wish you could trade or sell these cards. That Messier card could have really helped me build up my squad. You know what else could really help build my squad?..... 7000000 coins.

Team is not that stacked. As a Flyers fan, I would just feel dirty having Messier on my team. Heck of a player back in the day, but I just wish I could sell him off to someone who'd want him so I could get some Flyers Evo cards, a Pronger, Brind'Amour, and a Recchi.

Team is not that stacked. As a Flyers fan, I would just feel dirty having Messier on my team. Heck of a player back in the day, but I just wish I could sell him off to someone who'd want him so I could get some Flyers Evo cards, a Pronger, Brind'Amour, and a Recchi.
    That makes sense, actually kind of cool playing that way.
  • EA must of seen my post about pulling an untradable 95 Karlsson (sarcasm).

Because I just pulled another (tradeable) one in a Frosty pack from the Comp. Seasons. Easily, easily my best pull in all my years of HUT (since 2011). Not even close really. I'm shocked.
  • I got a 92 Brian Rolston Wild RW/TWF LHS 2PP , 1 TN and crap after!
    HUT = Kickass Gaming
    PSN = MastaDamage

I would gladly give you my Recchi for him... If I could LOL.
  • I appreciate the idea of the gift .
    But why not just give us a collectable to turn in for our Xmas legend that actually fits my team .
    As usual everything from EA has other motives,make us by more players or packs to try fit the player on my team.
    So basically TY for the 5 gold collectables
  • 92 Recchi for me along with a few ICE players. Good with me considering I started around mid December so these guys will help. I took a break from HUT for a few years, it's nice to see a few familiar names here from the old EA forum
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!