EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Can’t win a game

Replies

• Make 8 in a row.....a couple things to look for so you know when the game is rigged for you or the opponent. Let’s say it’s against you. Your passes will be miles off target, your successful poke checks will poke the puck right to one of his other guys stick, he can steal the puck off your stick just by making contact with you no poke or stick lift needed, you will be slower than your opponent big time, his guts can physically knock you around despite size of players, your goalie sucks, his roll stand on his head....like i said you see it happening
  • sctty98
    291 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Make 8 in a row.....a couple things to look for so you know when the game is rigged for you or the opponent. Let’s say it’s against you. Your passes will be miles off target, your successful poke checks will poke the puck right to one of his other guys stick, he can steal the puck off your stick just by making contact with you no poke or stick lift needed, you will be slower than your opponent big time, his guts can physically knock you around despite size of players, your goalie sucks, his roll stand on his head....like i said you see it happening

It's called ice tilt. EA denies it, and the fan boys just tell you to get better. It's been a problem since 13 or 14. You can also see cowards use a lesser goalie in an effort to drive the tilt their way.
  • jake19ny
    630 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Make it 9 in a row. Just played a guy with a **** a team outshot 36-13 but lost 2-1 when my AI teammate skates into me as I try and skate around the net knocking me into my goalie and the puck goes into my own net. I’m stepping away for awhile. I’m not sure what frustrates me more....this **** happening or the same cheaters son op the leader board round in round out season in season out with unrealistic win totals and DNF wins. EA doesn’t care they want your money and that’s it. I’m already counting the days until MLB the Show comes out. Hockey is my favorite sport but SONY knows how to make a sports game right and knows how to run CS play. I pray one day they take on hockey. I hear you on the fanboys saying get better....I am what I am....decent. If I play someone with mad skills I’m going to lose and so be it. But losing to crap teams that seem to take on super powers while my guys become **** is tiresome and a joke
  • sctty98 wrote: »

It's called ice tilt. EA denies it, and the fan boys just tell you to get better. It's been a problem since 13 or 14. You can also see cowards use a lesser goalie in an effort to drive the tilt their way.

The deny it’s encoded in the game. That I believe, Because anyone can pull the code to see if they are lying. What people can’t do however is pull the code off their servers. And that is 1 surefire thing they will never EVER admit to about their servers. Because if it IS encoded in their servers & they denied it, they would be 100% liable.
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    Make it 9 in a row. Just played a guy with a **** a team outshot 36-13 but lost 2-1 when my AI teammate skates into me as I try and skate around the net knocking me into my goalie and the puck goes into my own net. I’m stepping away for awhile. I’m not sure what frustrates me more....this **** happening or the same cheaters son op the leader board round in round out season in season out with unrealistic win totals and DNF wins. EA doesn’t care they want your money and that’s it. I’m already counting the days until MLB the Show comes out. Hockey is my favorite sport but SONY knows how to make a sports game right and knows how to run CS play. I pray one day they take on hockey. I hear you on the fanboys saying get better....I am what I am....decent. If I play someone with mad skills I’m going to lose and so be it. But losing to crap teams that seem to take on super powers while my guys become **** is tiresome and a joke

The top ranked player on PS4(not allowed to name shame so look it up) is so blatantly cheating for rank it’s beyond pathetic that EA let’s it happen.

He has, as of this post, 2,294 more points than the 2nd ranked player. That’s a bigger point gap than the #2 ranked player & #50 ranked player.

He has 947 wins, nearly 300 more than anyone else on the leaderboards, while also sporting 302 dnf wins.

The #4 ranked player is pulling the exact same dnf stunt, he’s just more blatant about it. He has 651 wins of which 322 are dnf wins.

• scanyman82 wrote: »
    Can’t get away from my own net, can’t generate any offence, can’t keep hold of the puck, can’t string 2 passes together, spend every single game defending and trying to block shots. I’m lost, I’m frustrated, I give up. 1-54-2 online record.
    Cue all the **** telling me I’m just crap at the game.

I don't know what it is or how to explain it...it is something with the servers where you are a little delayed from what is happening...like a half second off but it ruins the entire game... you are a second behind getting passes off so they get blocked or intercepted...your hits don't lock on...you shoot wide...you don't hustle instantly like your opponent so they catch you...your dekes are behind so you get poked...its the exact opposite of playing offline...I just quit after the first game and play at a different time...later is better IMO
  • jake19ny
    630 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Lol. So the Outdoor season starts but the games are not outdoors. Should have called it Ice Tilt Season. I said i was going to step away for a bit and didn’t....I am now. First game I’m short handed a minute in but dominate with 7 short handed shots and his goalie stands on his head. He finally gets the puck steps over the line shoots and scores. This happens two more times and at the end of the first I’m outshooting him 18-3 but he’s winning 3-0....I just quit and won’t come back unless things change. I wish the draft champions had better rewards because i find the games better there. Sadly EA can’t milk money on it so it’s a half finished hollow game mode like 95% of NHL 18
  • Anybody else have to play through someone position locking on goalie in a HUT game? I played 2 last night and somehow was lucky enough to score a goal in each game but lost both 3-1 and 2-1. Why wouldn't they just play in EASHL as a goalie. They are essentially watching the CPU play the game for them and it is virtually impossible to score on them...
  • So I walked away for a few days and started playing again today. May walk away all together unless something changes. I won 4 in a row before losing a game due to freezing players an issue ignored for months by EA. Then I play another game and every successful poke check out the puck right back onto one of his players sticks. At one point I had 9 successful poke checks in a row gondirectly to another one of his players until it ended up on his stick in the slot for an easy unassisted goal. He scored 3 goals on 3 shots. Done
  • verrette99 wrote: »
    Im on a 25+ win streak in this CS. Nothing wrong with the game. Practice, watch tutorials and games on YouTube,etc.

Tone down the validation seeking, skip. I doubt you will find your father in here...
    So I walked away for a few days and started playing again today. May walk away all together unless something changes. I won 4 in a row before losing a game due to freezing players an issue ignored for months by EA. Then I play another game and every successful poke check out the puck right back onto one of his players sticks. At one point I had 9 successful poke checks in a row gondirectly to another one of his players until it ended up on his stick in the slot for an easy unassisted goal. He scored 3 goals on 3 shots. Done

What is your team?
    I was having trouble too but now my lowest rated player is a 90 and it makes a huge difference. Also, I think synergies actually help...Definitely for skating speed. Do you have any?
  • plantnap81 wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »
    So I walked away for a few days and started playing again today. May walk away all together unless something changes. I won 4 in a row before losing a game due to freezing players an issue ignored for months by EA. Then I play another game and every successful poke check out the puck right back onto one of his players sticks. At one point I had 9 successful poke checks in a row gondirectly to another one of his players until it ended up on his stick in the slot for an easy unassisted goal. He scored 3 goals on 3 shots. Done

What is your team?
    I was having trouble too but now my lowest rated player is a 90 and it makes a huge difference. Also, I think synergies actually help...Definitely for skating speed. Do you have any?

I’ve got a real solid team and a lot of synergies activated. This is more about the randomness of how some games play out. It seems that there are stretches where the team doesn’t matter or skill. You can actually see things unfolding and know when a goal is going to be scored. It becomes predictable and the outcome seems predetermined.
    I’ve got a real solid team and a lot of synergies activated. This is more about the randomness of how some games play out. It seems that there are stretches where the team doesn’t matter or skill. You can actually see things unfolding and know when a goal is going to be scored. It becomes predictable and the outcome seems predetermined.
    I hear ya. Add me as a friend and well play sometime. PS4 avatar "tamadrumboy".

• Don't feel bad. I played a game in competitive seasons last night that ended up going to 2OT. I literally had 52 shots and 52 hits about 10 minutes of O zone time to my opponents 26 shots way less hits and 6 mins of Oz one time and lost 2-1 :( smh. He had Price in net and made some great saves but I have the 94 Bobrovsky and a solid D. I just don't get it. Other games I score 6 - 10 goals; no rhyme or reason...
  • Pr0xY00
    156 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    It has to be that Dynamic game difficulty balancing.
  • Pr0xY00 wrote: »
    It has to be that Dynamic game difficulty balancing.

I think we all know the other word for this....

• I can't win a game either, I dominate 80% of them TOA and Shot wise but I pass too much this game is for puckhugger who can glitch and sadly my poor motricity doesn't allow me to do that.
  • I find passing more helps. Move the puck around to get them out of position. You'll figure it out.
  • I find passing more helps. Move the puck around to get them out of position. You'll figure it out.

Yep if I could pass better it would help as it’s my weak area. I do agree with him that I find I lose a lot of games I dominate TOA and Shots with great scoring chances only to get beat by the step over the line floater but if I could pass better I think I would score an extra goal or two a game which would counter the ****. I have have to just keep working at it.
  • Shawn96 wrote: »
    I can't win a game either, I dominate 80% of them TOA and Shot wise but I pass too much this game is for puckhugger who can glitch and sadly my poor motricity doesn't allow me to do that.

100% its the connection and not you... maybe its the location of the servers your playing with but if your experiencing players not picking up pucks... sauce passes getting constantly picked... players in position and not intercepting passes... missing easy shots... shadowing players but not hitting them... players easily getting out of position... 99 overall skaters getting outskated by base cards... bounces always going opposite way...if I could edit I would make a compilation... for me its 1 in 3 games with no explanation why it does it!