EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Team Advice

Yoooooo.. I'm looking for some advice.. My Team Looks Like:-

Ice Stamkos- Legend Sakic- TOTW Kucherov
Legend Bossy- Ice Crosby - TOTW McDavid
Ice Ovechkin- Legend Sittler- Legend Modano
Ice Scheifele- Hut Hero Linden- Legend Heatley

Ice Karlsson- Christmas Legend Niedermeyer
Ice Doughty- Legend Lidstrom
Ice Pietrangelo- Legend Gonchar

Ice Vasilevskiy- Base Price

I was considering upgrading one of the C's or RW's
I don't really wanna change the D or spend big on a Goalie, as they all seem to play the same anyway
I have 110K to spend

Replies

• What synergies are you using? I would adjust to fit more. Play with players you enjoy. I'll also recommend having a backup with more then 1 synergy.
  • I tend not to focus on synergies..... I have 110K and can barely do any upgrades... Classic example of how ice cards have ruined the game
  • How have they ruined the game?
  • I spent money on release to get the top end 88-92 OVR players, then they release a bunch of Ice cards that go for far less coins, so noobs can compete without spending money. I feel like I've been robbed lol.

I changed a few things around and have activated:-

Fine Shooting
    Rocket Skates
    Thread The Needle
    Silky Smooth

Are there any others that are worth having?

• HurricaneFza
    105 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Why should you have to spend money to compete? Playin the game should be enough.
  • PP and BM are good player synergies if you can get them bc they are +3 in their categories...I like all of the team synergies except AA...Makes them play too aggressive. Try to get more speed down the middle.
    You should be able to get Stamkos and Gaudreu. Make sure won't be losing synergies and make it happen.
  • My bad just noticed you already have Stamkos. He should be at C...
  • monz
    764 posts Member
    plantnap81 wrote: »
    PP and BM are good player synergies if you can get them bc they are +3 in their categories...I like all of the team synergies except AA...Makes them play too aggressive. Try to get more speed down the middle.
    You should be able to get Stamkos and Gaudreu. Make sure won't be losing synergies and make it happen.

Terrible advice!!!!

• Sorry monz. I missed your advice...You do an awful lot of criticizing but don't provide anything useful. Try contributing to the post and being positive. thanks
  • monz
    764 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Sorry monz. I missed your advice...You do an awful lot of criticizing but don't provide anything useful. Try contributing to the post and being positive. thanks

Lol a lot of criticizing, if by a lot you mean two of your posts then sure. My contribution to this post is to point out your terrible advice. I'm sorry if me pointing out your complete lack of knowledge is offensive to you. Also ill do as i please thank you.
  • What he's trying to say, is Stamkos sucks on faceoffs so he's better on the wing
  • monz
    764 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    That and every player synergy gives you +6 to your stats, also PP and BM are two of the worst. Plus any hockey purist will tell you, you need size down the middle.
    Post edited by monz on
  • monz wrote: »
    That and every player synergy gives you +6 to your stats, also PP and BM are two of the worst. Plus any hockey purist will tell you, you need size down the middle.

Totally incorrect. Opinions are like what monz is...everybody has one.
  • monz
    764 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Nice... you having nothing pertinent to add so you resort to insults. Lol I remember when I was six.
    Post edited by monz on
  • monz
    764 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm sorry your so butt hurt, but Seriously try reading posts before you comment.
    Post edited by monz on
  • Here is my advice. And feel free to criticize away. Make every player a C . All 4 lines all D men as well. Utilize 'LL, TN, S, WC, AA. Concentrate on only size and speed. No one under 6'. And use any legend goalie. And your backup a bronze goalie with 3 synergies. I have played Seasons and division play. I am 15 1 now. Loving it..
  • monz wrote: »
    I'm sorry your so butt hurt, but Seriously try reading posts before you comment.

I'll do as I please thank you.
  • monz
    764 posts Member
    monz wrote: »

I'll do as I please thank you.

Touche lol :)
  • 95% of the games these days I face Stamkos Kucherov Crosby Gaudreau etc. I have a fast paced 92-94 overall team and they feel really good to play with but...
    Just played a 1div game and faced a guy who only had secondary ice/evo players, who knows maybe even base players (Barkov Rakell Gothsiberge Aho, Draisaitl, some IPOTG etc but zero star players) and conceded 8 very odd goals. Conceded from a zero angle without him shooting, the replay showed his stick went through the side net and the puck along with it as he was trying to simply skate with the puck, a rebound that went in through his players' head, multiple five holes from the slot and so on. Wasn't able to get possession by poke checking and his players were actually much more agile than my Kucherovs and whatnot. Still not fully convinced about the legendary ice tilt, but that game was really weird and made me question if we should stack our teams after all. My AI's lost full ability to cover the opponent AI's.
    Maybe it was just a one game thing, or he was simply better than I felt he was, but usually slow players like barkov and Draisaitl aren't that productive. He didn't make any "glitch" moves or unpredictable plays either. Everything just went through everything.
  • Sitting on about 75K with no more weekly packs coming in I'll probably only be able to make one more major purchase for awhile. Would you invest in: Kurri, Bossy, Bure or Eichel if you could choose?
    Thanks