EA Forums - Banner

Am I alone here?.....

Prev134
rdizz81
18 posts Member
edited January 2018
I don't know I've been playing NHL since ol Sega genesis days. And while I know development is extremely hard, tedious, expensive, ect... I feel like they have just given up. 60$ USD year in and year out for what? 3s hockey ? I feel like nothing has changed. There is nothing innovative about NHL anymore year in & out it's the same game. The models are there why not work on the crowd like have them start leaving if losing or booing or hell even throw something on the ice? Fighting is horrid and eashl is the same **** over and over it's just a grind. I miss the old stat function made it feel like an hockey RPG game now meh for the past few years choose grind or playmaker.... yawn no individuality. You should get experience in eashl similar to be a pro mode. I remember when I couldn't wait to see what they add next now for the past 3 years I know exactly what I'm gonna get. Boring Grindy eashl, the same 2 announcers saying the same crap over and over. 0 crowd interaction it just feels like lazy development. I have developed one game and trust me never want to do it again so i know they are working hard but even still it's like they have 0 creative minds. F it I'm out I guess I've ranted enough. This may be very well the last time I buy another copy. It was a good run I guess. :(

Sorry for punctuation and spelling posting from my phone.

Replies

• Careful, you’re gonna stir up the 12 guys who didn’t like the progressive build. It had its pros and cons like anything, but the pros far outweighed the negatives, as opposed to the class system with equal speeds...takes the realism right out of it
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    Careful, you’re gonna stir up the 12 guys who didn’t like the progressive build. It had its pros and cons like anything, but the pros far outweighed the negatives, as opposed to the class system with equal speeds...takes the realism right out of it

I mean it should be earned, and with the tier system it should match you with like skilled or OVR rated players. It's so damn boring now. The whole series has been going downhill for some time now. And nhl 19 will be the first time I've given up on this title.
  • We pay $60 for a roster update..and that's the thing we pay it. We stop giving them money EA might care.. but NHL makes nothing compared to madden and FIFA..u invest where it's worth it..NHL isn't worth it...so they put the game out and send u more roster updates and little fixes.
  • Somebody flagged my comment. That is basically a microcosm of everything wrong with the series and some of its gamers. I loved having different speeds and such.
    Somebody flagged my comment. That is basically a microcosm of everything wrong with the series and some of its gamers. I loved having different speeds and such.

It's apparently a sensitive subject.
  • We pay $60 for a roster update..and that's the thing we pay it. We stop giving them money EA might care.. but NHL makes nothing compared to madden and FIFA..u invest where it's worth it..NHL isn't worth it...so they put the game out and send u more roster updates and little fixes.

That ended up not mattering anyways. You're absolutely right though, the audience for NHL isn't big enough to poor money into it so they don't, they just port the previous years game, add some lipstick and that's that.

What's worse is here in Canada we pay $79.99+ tax and it comes to $90 and change, unless I play beta and there are significant improvements to game play, I won't buy it.

I might only be one person that keeps their word and says they won't buy it but that's a start, hopefully some of you will join me in this and we'll be glad we did.
  • Maybe it's time for another company or even an "indie" to give it a go.
  • rdizz81 wrote: »
    Maybe it's time for another company or even an "indie" to give it a go.

Maybe that's why the devs behind old time hockey started with that game. Maybe they were trying to build funds to make a modern hockey game. Although it wouldn't be licensed.
  • I haven't bought NHL since 16 cause I knew from the demos that it was the same game. But I finally gave in was when it was $24 over the holidays. I really don't think it is even worth that price. It's by far my favorite sport but this game is really more of a pain to play than anything. Any other game I have gives me much more enjoyment than this junk. I suppose I'll wait until next gen to give it another go.
  • There is a simple reason they stopped developing, innovating, and fixing this series. Look no further than the introduction of HUT. As soon they realized people will spend hundreds even thousands on packs of cards they knew they never had to do a thing to improve the rest of the game ever again.....fact
  • Rozsos27 wrote: »
    I haven't bought NHL since 16 cause I knew from the demos that it was the same game. But I finally gave in was when it was $24 over the holidays. I really don't think it is even worth that price. It's by far my favorite sport but this game is really more of a pain to play than anything. Any other game I have gives me much more enjoyment than this junk. I suppose I'll wait until next gen to give it another go.

It's often the games I buy super cheap like Rocket League that give me the most enjoyment.
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    There is a simple reason they stopped developing, innovating, and fixing this series. Look no further than the introduction of HUT. As soon they realized people will spend hundreds even thousands on packs of cards they knew they never had to do a thing to improve the rest of the game ever again.....fact

I have to be the only that doesn't play Hut. Bring back GM connect I'll play more one on one online.
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    There is a simple reason they stopped developing, innovating, and fixing this series. Look no further than the introduction of HUT. As soon they realized people will spend hundreds even thousands on packs of cards they knew they never had to do a thing to improve the rest of the game ever again.....fact

I have to be the only that doesn't play Hut. Bring back GM connect I'll play more one on one online.

I used to love offline season mode but this is the second year I won’t be doing one because the horrid AI, bugs, crappy roster updates, and lack of any innovation render it unplayable.
  • Truth.
  • I mean, is this what this game has really become? A $59.99 usd roster update? It's a real shame honestly.
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I've only played the DEMO of 15 at Best Buy and EB Games and I think the graphics are refreshing,the game play was offline so I dont have a comment in Online mode.
    Graphics to make a good game,and I learned from NHL 11 how great it was until they patched it!I learned from that experience only to buy a new copy if I have to.
    Careful, you’re gonna stir up the 12 guys who didn’t like the progressive build. It had its pros and cons like anything, but the pros far outweighed the negatives, as opposed to the class system with equal speeds...takes the realism right out of it

i think a progression system online where the ultimate goal is to have a fair even ground experience was dumb as heck. You want points back? Id be ok with it as long as attributes are reworked from the ground up and make sense / work properly so that everyone doesn't end up making the same 2 builds to abuse of speed while neglecting attributes like accuracy that was useless with curve shots. But they arent really needed, there has never been so much diversity in playstyles as there is now.

The problem isnt progression. Progression is still here in upgrading arenas and team jerseys and so on. The problem was abusing the progression system to gain an unfair advantage over others. I know, I did it too. I would play the crap out of the game at release and even take a day off to ensure I have an advantage over others and it REALLY showed. I would outskate everyone and play like a god among shrimps for a few weeks before people caught up.

honestly, anyone that want such an abusive system back should be ignored not because their opinion doesnt matter but because they support an abusive system for their own benefit.
  • rdizz81 wrote: »
    Maybe it's time for another company or even an "indie" to give it a go.

Maybe that's why the devs behind old time hockey started with that game. Maybe they were trying to build funds to make a modern hockey game. Although it wouldn't be licensed.

I dont care about license. Give me a EASHL like clone with no license and just custom logos and good gameplay and ill forget ea ever existed in a heartbeat.
  • kezz123 wrote: »
    trw1987 wrote: »

i think a progression system online where the ultimate goal is to have a fair even ground experience was dumb as heck. You want points back? Id be ok with it as long as attributes are reworked from the ground up and make sense / work properly so that everyone doesn't end up making the same 2 builds to abuse of speed while neglecting attributes like accuracy that was useless with curve shots. But they arent really needed, there has never been so much diversity in playstyles as there is now.

The problem isnt progression. Progression is still here in upgrading arenas and team jerseys and so on. The problem was abusing the progression system to gain an unfair advantage over others. I know, I did it too. I would play the crap out of the game at release and even take a day off to ensure I have an advantage over others and it REALLY showed. I would outskate everyone and play like a god among shrimps for a few weeks before people caught up.

honestly, anyone that want such an abusive system back should be ignored not because their opinion doesnt matter but because they support an abusive system for their own benefit.

Hmmm... weird cause we all got 2K basketball this year instead of hockey and just last night I was ruining 91s 92s and 93s overall with my 89 center. I was abusing something but it wasn't the system, it was my opponent.

I know we all should be ignored, it's that same mantra from a handful of you guys when anyone says "the system was flawed but we liked the concept."

But just getting rid of something as a "fix" is the norm in these parts.... Heck, they "got rid" of two skaters and marketed it as a hot new game mode. This is largely what IS ignored and ya still stuff money in their pockets.

B)
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    edited January 2018

But just getting rid of something as a "fix" is the norm in these parts.... Heck, they "got rid" of two skaters and marketed it as a hot new game mode. This is largely what IS ignored and ya still stuff money in their pockets.

You guys act like Threes is just a mode where they removed 2 players and called it good. A lot more went in to it. The whole money puck feature, new commentary, new graphics, designs, a circuit mode, etc. Then there's all the testing and QA. This was also a pretty highly requested feature from casual players ever since it was introduced in the NHL a few years ago.

You also don't seem to grasp that the game needs to make money. They can't just keep trying to satisfy the hardcore crowd. There needs to be a reason for the much bigger, casual crowd to buy it. That is what makes the game grow. The hardcore crowd here wants to see people stop spending money on the game in the hopes that it magically becomes what they want. If you want it grow it needs to make money. This game is not cheap to make by any means.