EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st


Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Goalies

Prev1
Is it just me or do goalies have absolutely no impact on a game? I've used quite a few different goalies and my 86 TOTW Andersen has been my best.

I've had goalies like Vasilevskiy(ICE), Jones (ICE)0, Andersen (ICE) and current have CUJO as my goalie and he's an absolute sieve no matter how well I play defensively.

I'm really curious to know your thoughts on goalies in this game.

Replies

  • My 88 bob plays better than my 92 ice bob
  • Goalies have very little impact. If you run an AHL goalie out against a solid team you see the difference but an 85 to 93 it’s barely noticeable. The game relies on Ice Tilt not the skill of your goalie. Unfortunately
  • sctty98
    291 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Guys have stacked teams and use a lower rated goalie, just to get the ice tilt. I've come across it quite a bit. Just gets old.
  • sctty98 wrote: »
    Guys have stacked teams and use a lower rated goalie, just to get the ice tilt. I've come across it quite a bit. Just gets old.

    Really eh? How does the ice tilt work? I know it's 100% a thing, whether EA says it is or isn't.
  • sctty98
    291 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Crosby8789 wrote: »
    sctty98 wrote: »
    Guys have stacked teams and use a lower rated goalie, just to get the ice tilt. I've come across it quite a bit. Just gets old.

    Really eh? How does the ice tilt work? I know it's 100% a thing, whether EA says it is or isn't.

    In HUT it's based of your team's rankings. Using a lower rated goalie lowers you team's overall ranking, thus giving ice tilt to the lower rated team. Some people say it can tell the skill level of the players, and it might, I don't know.

    It's also why people think the bronze IPOG players are so good. Its because they are getting ice tilt.
    Post edited by sctty98 on
  • False
  • True. Only the EA defenders and they guys who think they are good believe otherwise.
  • habs92
    138 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Seriously, just stop with these stupidities... there’s no ice tilt it’s a matter of connection. I tried 3 stars, 4 stars, 4,5 stars, full of synergies activated,no synergies at all, bronze goalies, silver, base gold, brodeur, ice goalies and now evo price...Its random, it’s just super annoying when you get delays. I’m supposed to be an elite player and i lose 1 out of 3 games because of the delays but there’s no ice tilt.

    There’s a lot of randomness in the game and if you keep playing with lower rated goalies and players, you’ll eventually lose more games, try playing with players under 87,88 in div1 and you’ll get your **** kicked a lot.

    I’ll tell you guys what really happens when you have lower rated players, you have a i’m gonna lose mentality and you don’t care so you’re more confident and you make less mistakes.

    Delays are random, i have a stacked team and i win every time that my connection is good whether my opponent has a stacked team or a team full of scrubs.
  • Agree 100% with habs92. It's not my job to convince anyone, you can believe whatever you want. But I can assure you it's all connection. And yes, there is certain randomness.
    I am the consequence of your actions
  • False
    habs92 wrote: »
    Seriously, just stop with these stupidities... there’s no ice tilt it’s a matter of connection. I tried 3 stars, 4 stars, 4,5 stars, full of synergies activated,no synergies at all, bronze goalies, silver, base gold, brodeur, ice goalies and now evo price...Its random, it’s just super annoying when you get delays. I’m supposed to be an elite player and i lose 1 out of 3 games because of the delays but there’s no ice tilt.

    There’s a lot of randomness in the game and if you keep playing with lower rated goalies and players, you’ll eventually lose more games, try playing with players under 87,88 in div1 and you’ll get your **** kicked a lot.

    I’ll tell you guys what really happens when you have lower rated players, you have a i’m gonna lose mentality and you don’t care so you’re more confident and you make less mistakes.

    Delays are random, i have a stacked team and i win every time that my connection is good whether my opponent has a stacked team or a team full of scrubs.
    Hitmantix wrote: »
    Agree 100% with habs92. It's not my job to convince anyone, you can believe whatever you want. But I can assure you it's all connection. And yes, there is certain randomness.

    Cognitive dissonance prevents people from seeing what is right in front of them. This is even true when evidence is presented. The technology exists and only the naive would be silly enough to believe that it wouldn’t be used on them, especially without them being informed before it did LOL it’s adorable “false” haha
  • False
    habs92 wrote: »
    Seriously, just stop with these stupidities... there’s no ice tilt it’s a matter of connection. I tried 3 stars, 4 stars, 4,5 stars, full of synergies activated,no synergies at all, bronze goalies, silver, base gold, brodeur, ice goalies and now evo price...Its random, it’s just super annoying when you get delays. I’m supposed to be an elite player and i lose 1 out of 3 games because of the delays but there’s no ice tilt.

    There’s a lot of randomness in the game and if you keep playing with lower rated goalies and players, you’ll eventually lose more games, try playing with players under 87,88 in div1 and you’ll get your **** kicked a lot.

    I’ll tell you guys what really happens when you have lower rated players, you have a i’m gonna lose mentality and you don’t care so you’re more confident and you make less mistakes.

    Delays are random, i have a stacked team and i win every time that my connection is good whether my opponent has a stacked team or a team full of scrubs.
    Hitmantix wrote: »
    Agree 100% with habs92. It's not my job to convince anyone, you can believe whatever you want. But I can assure you it's all connection. And yes, there is certain randomness.

    Cognitive dissonance prevents people from seeing what is right in front of them. This is even true when evidence is presented. The technology exists and only the naive would be silly enough to believe that it wouldn’t be used on them, especially without them being informed before it did LOL it’s adorable “false” haha

    Not sure what is this evidence you speak of, but as I said - not my job to convince anyone. And what exactly is the problem? Just play with all bronze team and EA will help you win. No need to spend a single dollar or minute working the market. Brilliant. And good luck with that.
    I am the consequence of your actions
  • Hitmantix wrote: »
    False
    habs92 wrote: »
    Seriously, just stop with these stupidities... there’s no ice tilt it’s a matter of connection. I tried 3 stars, 4 stars, 4,5 stars, full of synergies activated,no synergies at all, bronze goalies, silver, base gold, brodeur, ice goalies and now evo price...Its random, it’s just super annoying when you get delays. I’m supposed to be an elite player and i lose 1 out of 3 games because of the delays but there’s no ice tilt.

    There’s a lot of randomness in the game and if you keep playing with lower rated goalies and players, you’ll eventually lose more games, try playing with players under 87,88 in div1 and you’ll get your **** kicked a lot.

    I’ll tell you guys what really happens when you have lower rated players, you have a i’m gonna lose mentality and you don’t care so you’re more confident and you make less mistakes.

    Delays are random, i have a stacked team and i win every time that my connection is good whether my opponent has a stacked team or a team full of scrubs.
    Hitmantix wrote: »
    Agree 100% with habs92. It's not my job to convince anyone, you can believe whatever you want. But I can assure you it's all connection. And yes, there is certain randomness.

    Cognitive dissonance prevents people from seeing what is right in front of them. This is even true when evidence is presented. The technology exists and only the naive would be silly enough to believe that it wouldn’t be used on them, especially without them being informed before it did LOL it’s adorable “false” haha

    Not sure what is this evidence you speak of, but as I said - not my job to convince anyone. And what exactly is the problem? Just play with all bronze team and EA will help you win. No need to spend a single dollar or minute working the market. Brilliant. And good luck with that.

    You’re right. My bronze team is absolutely unreal. 10-0 last CS round 1 of the outdoor season and I’m 6 points away from a div 1 title with 5 games left... that’s 5-0 so I’m 15-0 with my bronze team haha I switched to my stacked team the second round of CS currently and I lost my first three games and by lost I mean I was being outskated by base gold cards and inferior opponents. Guess where I’m back to? The material that the ancient Greeks used to make weapons and hand tools. I’m now on a three game winstreak. I have two bronze goalies in.
  • Hitmantix wrote: »
    False
    habs92 wrote: »
    Seriously, just stop with these stupidities... there’s no ice tilt it’s a matter of connection. I tried 3 stars, 4 stars, 4,5 stars, full of synergies activated,no synergies at all, bronze goalies, silver, base gold, brodeur, ice goalies and now evo price...Its random, it’s just super annoying when you get delays. I’m supposed to be an elite player and i lose 1 out of 3 games because of the delays but there’s no ice tilt.

    There’s a lot of randomness in the game and if you keep playing with lower rated goalies and players, you’ll eventually lose more games, try playing with players under 87,88 in div1 and you’ll get your **** kicked a lot.

    I’ll tell you guys what really happens when you have lower rated players, you have a i’m gonna lose mentality and you don’t care so you’re more confident and you make less mistakes.

    Delays are random, i have a stacked team and i win every time that my connection is good whether my opponent has a stacked team or a team full of scrubs.
    Hitmantix wrote: »
    Agree 100% with habs92. It's not my job to convince anyone, you can believe whatever you want. But I can assure you it's all connection. And yes, there is certain randomness.

    Cognitive dissonance prevents people from seeing what is right in front of them. This is even true when evidence is presented. The technology exists and only the naive would be silly enough to believe that it wouldn’t be used on them, especially without them being informed before it did LOL it’s adorable “false” haha

    Not sure what is this evidence you speak of, but as I said - not my job to convince anyone. And what exactly is the problem? Just play with all bronze team and EA will help you win. No need to spend a single dollar or minute working the market. Brilliant. And good luck with that.

    You’re right. My bronze team is absolutely unreal. 10-0 last CS round 1 of the outdoor season and I’m 6 points away from a div 1 title with 5 games left... that’s 5-0 so I’m 15-0 with my bronze team haha I switched to my stacked team the second round of CS currently and I lost my first three games and by lost I mean I was being outskated by base gold cards and inferior opponents. Guess where I’m back to? The material that the ancient Greeks used to make weapons and hand tools. I’m now on a three game winstreak. I have two bronze goalies in.

    Ok, we’ll believe you if you show us some proofs. Record a game with your bronze team and record a game with your stacked team, then post the video on youtube and post the link here.

    By the way, if you’re using the new ipotg bronze cards, it doesn’t count cause they’re all really fast.

    secondly, how do you know that they’re using base gold cards ? you can’t, unless you asked them and they told you the truth.

    Thirdly, I played a 5 star team last night and i was the one getting delays and being outskated.
  • habs92 wrote: »
    Hitmantix wrote: »
    False
    habs92 wrote: »
    Seriously, just stop with these stupidities... there’s no ice tilt it’s a matter of connection. I tried 3 stars, 4 stars, 4,5 stars, full of synergies activated,no synergies at all, bronze goalies, silver, base gold, brodeur, ice goalies and now evo price...Its random, it’s just super annoying when you get delays. I’m supposed to be an elite player and i lose 1 out of 3 games because of the delays but there’s no ice tilt.

    There’s a lot of randomness in the game and if you keep playing with lower rated goalies and players, you’ll eventually lose more games, try playing with players under 87,88 in div1 and you’ll get your **** kicked a lot.

    I’ll tell you guys what really happens when you have lower rated players, you have a i’m gonna lose mentality and you don’t care so you’re more confident and you make less mistakes.

    Delays are random, i have a stacked team and i win every time that my connection is good whether my opponent has a stacked team or a team full of scrubs.
    Hitmantix wrote: »
    Agree 100% with habs92. It's not my job to convince anyone, you can believe whatever you want. But I can assure you it's all connection. And yes, there is certain randomness.

    Cognitive dissonance prevents people from seeing what is right in front of them. This is even true when evidence is presented. The technology exists and only the naive would be silly enough to believe that it wouldn’t be used on them, especially without them being informed before it did LOL it’s adorable “false” haha

    Not sure what is this evidence you speak of, but as I said - not my job to convince anyone. And what exactly is the problem? Just play with all bronze team and EA will help you win. No need to spend a single dollar or minute working the market. Brilliant. And good luck with that.

    You’re right. My bronze team is absolutely unreal. 10-0 last CS round 1 of the outdoor season and I’m 6 points away from a div 1 title with 5 games left... that’s 5-0 so I’m 15-0 with my bronze team haha I switched to my stacked team the second round of CS currently and I lost my first three games and by lost I mean I was being outskated by base gold cards and inferior opponents. Guess where I’m back to? The material that the ancient Greeks used to make weapons and hand tools. I’m now on a three game winstreak. I have two bronze goalies in.

    Ok, we’ll believe you if you show us some proofs. Record a game with your bronze team and record a game with your stacked team, then post the video on youtube and post the link here.

    By the way, if you’re using the new ipotg bronze cards, it doesn’t count cause they’re all really fast.

    secondly, how do you know that they’re using base gold cards ? you can’t, unless you asked them and they told you the truth.

    Thirdly, I played a 5 star team last night and i was the one getting delays and being outskated.
    ...and you have a video of that game? ;)

  • jake19ny
    635 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Everyone is sort of right. Connection plays a big role but a bad connection doesn’t explain how you can totally dominate someone in every aspect an entire game, outshoot them 39-7 and lose 4-1. If this happened occasionally you could chalk it up to bad luck but it happens often and happens when the team you are playing is weaker than your team. I’m not here to convince anyone either but I know what I’m experiencing and I know it’s gotten worse since Christmas which coincidently saw a large increase in new HUT players with weaker teams.
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    habs92 wrote: »
    Hitmantix wrote: »
    False
    habs92 wrote: »
    Seriously, just stop with these stupidities... there’s no ice tilt it’s a matter of connection. I tried 3 stars, 4 stars, 4,5 stars, full of synergies activated,no synergies at all, bronze goalies, silver, base gold, brodeur, ice goalies and now evo price...Its random, it’s just super annoying when you get delays. I’m supposed to be an elite player and i lose 1 out of 3 games because of the delays but there’s no ice tilt.

    There’s a lot of randomness in the game and if you keep playing with lower rated goalies and players, you’ll eventually lose more games, try playing with players under 87,88 in div1 and you’ll get your **** kicked a lot.

    I’ll tell you guys what really happens when you have lower rated players, you have a i’m gonna lose mentality and you don’t care so you’re more confident and you make less mistakes.

    Delays are random, i have a stacked team and i win every time that my connection is good whether my opponent has a stacked team or a team full of scrubs.
    Hitmantix wrote: »
    Agree 100% with habs92. It's not my job to convince anyone, you can believe whatever you want. But I can assure you it's all connection. And yes, there is certain randomness.

    Cognitive dissonance prevents people from seeing what is right in front of them. This is even true when evidence is presented. The technology exists and only the naive would be silly enough to believe that it wouldn’t be used on them, especially without them being informed before it did LOL it’s adorable “false” haha

    Not sure what is this evidence you speak of, but as I said - not my job to convince anyone. And what exactly is the problem? Just play with all bronze team and EA will help you win. No need to spend a single dollar or minute working the market. Brilliant. And good luck with that.

    You’re right. My bronze team is absolutely unreal. 10-0 last CS round 1 of the outdoor season and I’m 6 points away from a div 1 title with 5 games left... that’s 5-0 so I’m 15-0 with my bronze team haha I switched to my stacked team the second round of CS currently and I lost my first three games and by lost I mean I was being outskated by base gold cards and inferior opponents. Guess where I’m back to? The material that the ancient Greeks used to make weapons and hand tools. I’m now on a three game winstreak. I have two bronze goalies in.

    Ok, we’ll believe you if you show us some proofs. Record a game with your bronze team and record a game with your stacked team, then post the video on youtube and post the link here.

    By the way, if you’re using the new ipotg bronze cards, it doesn’t count cause they’re all really fast.

    secondly, how do you know that they’re using base gold cards ? you can’t, unless you asked them and they told you the truth.

    Thirdly, I played a 5 star team last night and i was the one getting delays and being outskated.
    ...and you have a video of that game? ;)

    Not really i don’t have anything to prove, i’m just talking about my personal experience but if i can get delays against a 5 star team, it proves that ice tilt doesn’t exist, it’s something else. Maybe i can record some games eventually.
  • habs92
    138 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Everyone is sort of right. Connection plays a big role but a bad connection doesn’t explain how you can totally dominate someone in every aspect an entire game, outshoot them 39-7 and lose 4-1. If this happened occasionally you could chalk it up to bad luck but it happens often and happens when the team you are playing is weaker than your team. I’m not here to convince anyone either but I know what I’m experiencing and I know it’s gotten worse since Christmas which coincidently saw a large increase in new HUT players with weaker teams.


    I think it’s just a matter of connection and a lot of randomness to make the game a lifelike experience. I agree that it’s worst since christmas and it proves that it’s a connection problem because the more players are online, the more delays i get. That is also why i can’t play a game on the weekends cause there’s a lot more players.
  • habs92 wrote: »
    Hitmantix wrote: »
    False
    habs92 wrote: »
    Seriously, just stop with these stupidities... there’s no ice tilt it’s a matter of connection. I tried 3 stars, 4 stars, 4,5 stars, full of synergies activated,no synergies at all, bronze goalies, silver, base gold, brodeur, ice goalies and now evo price...Its random, it’s just super annoying when you get delays. I’m supposed to be an elite player and i lose 1 out of 3 games because of the delays but there’s no ice tilt.

    There’s a lot of randomness in the game and if you keep playing with lower rated goalies and players, you’ll eventually lose more games, try playing with players under 87,88 in div1 and you’ll get your **** kicked a lot.

    I’ll tell you guys what really happens when you have lower rated players, you have a i’m gonna lose mentality and you don’t care so you’re more confident and you make less mistakes.

    Delays are random, i have a stacked team and i win every time that my connection is good whether my opponent has a stacked team or a team full of scrubs.
    Hitmantix wrote: »
    Agree 100% with habs92. It's not my job to convince anyone, you can believe whatever you want. But I can assure you it's all connection. And yes, there is certain randomness.

    Cognitive dissonance prevents people from seeing what is right in front of them. This is even true when evidence is presented. The technology exists and only the naive would be silly enough to believe that it wouldn’t be used on them, especially without them being informed before it did LOL it’s adorable “false” haha

    Not sure what is this evidence you speak of, but as I said - not my job to convince anyone. And what exactly is the problem? Just play with all bronze team and EA will help you win. No need to spend a single dollar or minute working the market. Brilliant. And good luck with that.

    You’re right. My bronze team is absolutely unreal. 10-0 last CS round 1 of the outdoor season and I’m 6 points away from a div 1 title with 5 games left... that’s 5-0 so I’m 15-0 with my bronze team haha I switched to my stacked team the second round of CS currently and I lost my first three games and by lost I mean I was being outskated by base gold cards and inferior opponents. Guess where I’m back to? The material that the ancient Greeks used to make weapons and hand tools. I’m now on a three game winstreak. I have two bronze goalies in.

    Ok, we’ll believe you if you show us some proofs. Record a game with your bronze team and record a game with your stacked team, then post the video on youtube and post the link here.

    By the way, if you’re using the new ipotg bronze cards, it doesn’t count cause they’re all really fast.

    secondly, how do you know that they’re using base gold cards ? you can’t, unless you asked them and they told you the truth.

    Thirdly, I played a 5 star team last night and i was the one getting delays and being outskated.

    Haha there is enough proof out there. Maybe it isn’t game balancing, but if it is not in the programming all that tells me is that the game is poorly made. I know a lot of people on this forum like to defend this game... it kind of reminds me of the Gulag Archipelago. When we have ordinidary citizens essentially turning on their neighbours and having them arrested, you know there is something wrong with the community. Basically what we have on this forum is some serious fan boys who just act as the unofficial protectors of this game LOL and for what ?
  • habs92 wrote: »
    Hitmantix wrote: »
    False
    habs92 wrote: »
    Seriously, just stop with these stupidities... there’s no ice tilt it’s a matter of connection. I tried 3 stars, 4 stars, 4,5 stars, full of synergies activated,no synergies at all, bronze goalies, silver, base gold, brodeur, ice goalies and now evo price...Its random, it’s just super annoying when you get delays. I’m supposed to be an elite player and i lose 1 out of 3 games because of the delays but there’s no ice tilt.

    There’s a lot of randomness in the game and if you keep playing with lower rated goalies and players, you’ll eventually lose more games, try playing with players under 87,88 in div1 and you’ll get your **** kicked a lot.

    I’ll tell you guys what really happens when you have lower rated players, you have a i’m gonna lose mentality and you don’t care so you’re more confident and you make less mistakes.

    Delays are random, i have a stacked team and i win every time that my connection is good whether my opponent has a stacked team or a team full of scrubs.
    Hitmantix wrote: »
    Agree 100% with habs92. It's not my job to convince anyone, you can believe whatever you want. But I can assure you it's all connection. And yes, there is certain randomness.

    Cognitive dissonance prevents people from seeing what is right in front of them. This is even true when evidence is presented. The technology exists and only the naive would be silly enough to believe that it wouldn’t be used on them, especially without them being informed before it did LOL it’s adorable “false” haha

    Not sure what is this evidence you speak of, but as I said - not my job to convince anyone. And what exactly is the problem? Just play with all bronze team and EA will help you win. No need to spend a single dollar or minute working the market. Brilliant. And good luck with that.

    You’re right. My bronze team is absolutely unreal. 10-0 last CS round 1 of the outdoor season and I’m 6 points away from a div 1 title with 5 games left... that’s 5-0 so I’m 15-0 with my bronze team haha I switched to my stacked team the second round of CS currently and I lost my first three games and by lost I mean I was being outskated by base gold cards and inferior opponents. Guess where I’m back to? The material that the ancient Greeks used to make weapons and hand tools. I’m now on a three game winstreak. I have two bronze goalies in.

    Ok, we’ll believe you if you show us some proofs. Record a game with your bronze team and record a game with your stacked team, then post the video on youtube and post the link here.

    By the way, if you’re using the new ipotg bronze cards, it doesn’t count cause they’re all really fast.

    secondly, how do you know that they’re using base gold cards ? you can’t, unless you asked them and they told you the truth.

    Thirdly, I played a 5 star team last night and i was the one getting delays and being outskated.

    Haha there is enough proof out there. Maybe it isn’t game balancing, but if it is not in the programming all that tells me is that the game is poorly made. I know a lot of people on this forum like to defend this game... it kind of reminds me of the Gulag Archipelago. When we have ordinidary citizens essentially turning on their neighbours and having them arrested, you know there is something wrong with the community. Basically what we have on this forum is some serious fan boys who just act as the unofficial protectors of this game LOL and for what ?


    I assure you that nobody love this game and nobody is defending this game, it’s just the only hockey game available. I also think that nobody is lying(maybe some losers that wants attention or someone who su**s at the game) but lying is useless anyway, it doesn’t change anything, we just have different experiences. Some people don’t get lag/delays at all, some get a lot of delays, some get delays here and there like me. I honestly don’t believe what you say about winning a lot more with a bronze team, i tried and it’s impossible, not in div 1.
  • I feel it is mostly due to bad connection but also bad programming .
    For me offline 88 Bobrovsky ( only the base version) is very good.
    Ice Quick and Ice Rinne (Evos rated same also) are both also very good.
    My one I dislike is my Xmas gift Hasek is a disaster.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!