EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

What triggers the ice tilt

I think I may have figured out what triggers the ice tilt. I just played one real solid game where my opponent and I traded a out equal shots, about equal time of possession, and went to OT tied at 2. I managed to win in OT and the game was fun and could have gone either way. Next game I play I spent the first 5+ minutes in the opponents zone peppering his goalie with great shots. He gets the puck, skates over the line and shoots....1-0 . Shortly thereafter repeat. The period ends with me outshooting him 14-2. He has 19 seconds of attack zone time but is winning 2-0. Long story short the game ended in a 4-0 loss for me despite him only having 2:03 if attack time and I outshot him 46-7.
I’m wondering if the first 5 minutes of a game determine if the ice tilt or comeback logic will kick in or not. It would explain why some people see it and some don’t and would also explain why it doesn’t happen every game. It also makes sense since so many people sat there games start out fine and then the nonsense occurs.
I’m going to start keeping track to see if games where I get dominated early are the games I get the tilt in my favor and the games I dominate early if that’s when ❤️❤️❤️❤️ starts. Also if the ganes that seem back and forth play out great regardless of winner.
Just a thought.

Replies

• Something is up. It is obvious.
  • I think that it's the makeup of your team compared to his.
    Be prepared for others to blame you for taking low-percentage shots.
  • I think that it's the makeup of your team compared to his.
    Be prepared for others to blame you for taking low-percentage shots.

Oh I know. The fanboy responses are:
    You suck
    Get better
    It’s not the quantity of shots but quality
    Why do you play

I don’t need to prove anything. There are a lot more of us experiencing this nonsense along with unexplained lag to go along with horrific AI than there are fanboys.
  • What I experience is nothing like this. If you're out shooting your opponent 46-7 that means your players actually skate and shoot on net. I couldn't outshoot a 7 year old 46-7 the way my team moves out there. I got out checked yesterday 30-2, why??? Because I can't move my guys on either end.
  • What I experience is nothing like this. If you're out shooting your opponent 46-7 that means your players actually skate and shoot on net. I couldn't outshoot a 7 year old 46-7 the way my team moves out there. I got out checked yesterday 30-2, why??? Because I can't move my guys on either end.

I don’t outshoot everyone like that and those games are the normal ones....or i get spanked by someone flat out better than me. I’ve had those games you speak of too... The game where your guys can’t accelerate and look like they are in mud. The opponent can catch your fastest guy with the slowest guy in the game. Those games also seem like your poke checks go right back to them....
  • The puck also goes right through my player lying down.
  • Bronze goalies.
  • Just played someone literally twice as fast as me. Blew by my defense along the boards every play. Caught up to my 99 speed player on a breakaway like he was standing still. What the heck can I do? It s rhetorical I know there is nothing. I need to film all this garbage and start my own YouTube
  • Just played someone literally twice as fast as me. Blew by my defense along the boards every play. Caught up to my 99 speed player on a breakaway like he was standing still. What the heck can I do? It s rhetorical I know there is nothing. I need to film all this garbage and start my own YouTube

Competitive seasons ?

So do I! The amount of horrific goals or plays that happen is crazy. I capture all of them on my xbox and literally can't take anymore captures until I delete some.

Competitive seasons ?

Yup. I was messaging with the guy after, told me he just lost 5 in a row and he's never seen anything like how overpowered his team was. When I say he was skating past me along the boards everytime I mean every time. I have tried everything short of switching ISPs, but I don't even know if it's my ISP. Can I really do better than Comcast anyway? I have a great team, 800k coins , would give it all away just for a 50/50 fair game like the old ps2 days.

• I have loads of different lineups I run with. I find it way more fun (more competition) to play with a team you wouldn't use otherwise. Have some fun.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Pr0xY00 wrote: »
    I have loads of different lineups I run with. I find it way more fun (more competition) to play with a team you wouldn't use otherwise. Have some fun.

When your opponent can’t spend more than 30 seconds in your end for a period but the first and only 3 shots he takes float over your goalie, who barrly attempts a save, and into your net. That’s not much fun and its not competition....for both parties.
  • So my theory is this, I tried the whole go to a bronze team of IPOTG guys and it did really work for about 4-6 games, I was flying all over the ice and won 7 in a row, then out of no where it was back to where my super team was, stuck in the mud, d-men catching ovi, and stamkos on breakaways, my poke check didn't work and when it did work the puck went right to the other team...This is a major issue, my theory is the more often you change the lineup the better your team skates...I am going to roll a handful of lineup the next few weeks and will let you all know how it goes.
  • So my theory is this, I tried the whole go to a bronze team of IPOTG guys and it did really work for about 4-6 games, I was flying all over the ice and won 7 in a row, then out of no where it was back to where my super team was, stuck in the mud, d-men catching ovi, and stamkos on breakaways, my poke check didn't work and when it did work the puck went right to the other team...This is a major issue, my theory is the more often you change the lineup the better your team skates...I am going to roll a handful of lineup the next few weeks and will let you all know how it goes.

This is what I have been thinking for a while.. randomness is also a big issue

We’re you playing CS the entire time or did you switch to online seasons after the 6 wins?

If you are correct, and you may be, this continues to prove that the outcomes are manipulated. Not everyone carries 2-3 lineups worth of players so it could be EAs greasy way to keep the market going and packs selling.

I lost 7 out of 8 games yesterday and almost all my very good goalie couldn’t stop a beach ball. I switched goalies and won 3 straight then he couldn’t stop a beach ball. If EA really wanted to do this just eliminate contracts and add a fatigue factor so you have to rotate goalies and sit guys occasionally. At least then we would know. As it is the contracts are pointless everyone has hundreds of them.
  • Do you think it matters if you keep the contracts maxed out for your players?
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    plantnap81 wrote: »
    Do you think it matters if you keep the contracts maxed out for your players?

Not at all and if they did that without telling us how messed up would that be.
  • What triggers the ice tilt you wonder? The answer, nothing because it does not exist. And I do not know how many times will this need to be stated.

This is the official stance and there is nothing more to be discussed here, sorry. Do not make it again please as the same will happen.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!