EA Forums - Banner

Full Second Delay ONLINE gameplay

13Next

Replies

  • flyextacy wrote: »
    This is why they should region lock/region select in PvP and have a ping limit.

    Stricter threshold enforcement, yeah. Prevents the WiFI kings and the intentional manipulators from ruining the experience of others.

    This. Or just bring back the lobbies where we could see everyone else’s connections so we could decide if we want to play with/against them.

    For EASHL, I should have an option to set my settings to play with/against EAST players ONLY.

  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    EASHL takes place on dedicated servers so you wouldn't be affected by the others connected to the game.
    Sorry but I don't buy that.
    Yes, I know. It's always EA's fault. Never, ever, not in a million years could there ever be a problem with anyone's perfect connection. Definitely must be an issue with their dedicated servers. My bad.
    I didn't say there is an issue in their dedicated servers (wouldn't be surprised if there is though...), and also didn't say everyone has a perfect connection. But I'd rather say there is a possibility that one player with a bad connection could affect to others.

    So, I don't buy that "fact" you brought up as a fact.

    Btw sometimes it feels like you're taking these "complaints" about this game too personal? Just sayin'...

    It's just an overall frustration with the crazy amount of ridiculous accusations and assumptions from this community. I've been here for the better part of 10 years and once in a while that frustration boils over a bit. Apologies for taking it too far. I can understand your point.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    EASHL takes place on dedicated servers so you wouldn't be affected by the others connected to the game.
    Sorry but I don't buy that.
    Yes, I know. It's always EA's fault. Never, ever, not in a million years could there ever be a problem with anyone's perfect connection. Definitely must be an issue with their dedicated servers. My bad.
    I didn't say there is an issue in their dedicated servers (wouldn't be surprised if there is though...), and also didn't say everyone has a perfect connection. But I'd rather say there is a possibility that one player with a bad connection could affect to others.

    So, I don't buy that "fact" you brought up as a fact.

    Btw sometimes it feels like you're taking these "complaints" about this game too personal? Just sayin'...

    It's just an overall frustration with the crazy amount of ridiculous accusations and assumptions from this community. I've been here for the better part of 10 years and once in a while that frustration boils over a bit. Apologies for taking it too far. I can understand your point.

    I can buy that, I too have been on board since 2008 (have had 1 account with the same Username and Password since I first joined in 2008...10yrs ago). Frustration has set in because there is still issues in this game that were in the game in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 (half the game was missing to boot), 2016, 2017 and from the videos I have seen 2018

    Give me NHL08 Graphics as long as the Gameplay gets fixed year after year after year! Ever think simply fixing the Gameplay will Bring people back to the game?

    Again you can put a fresh coat of paint (Mascots, THREE’s, Vendors) on a rusted out 1960s muscle car but that paint job don’t mean squat if the Engine leaks oil like a water faucet
  • joefitz22 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    EASHL takes place on dedicated servers so you wouldn't be affected by the others connected to the game.
    Sorry but I don't buy that.
    Yes, I know. It's always EA's fault. Never, ever, not in a million years could there ever be a problem with anyone's perfect connection. Definitely must be an issue with their dedicated servers. My bad.
    I didn't say there is an issue in their dedicated servers (wouldn't be surprised if there is though...), and also didn't say everyone has a perfect connection. But I'd rather say there is a possibility that one player with a bad connection could affect to others.

    So, I don't buy that "fact" you brought up as a fact.

    Btw sometimes it feels like you're taking these "complaints" about this game too personal? Just sayin'...

    It's just an overall frustration with the crazy amount of ridiculous accusations and assumptions from this community. I've been here for the better part of 10 years and once in a while that frustration boils over a bit. Apologies for taking it too far. I can understand your point.

    I can buy that, I too have been on board since 2008 (have had 1 account with the same Username and Password since I first joined in 2008...10yrs ago). Frustration has set in because there is still issues in this game that were in the game in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 (half the game was missing to boot), 2016, 2017 and from the videos I have seen 2018

    Give me NHL08 Graphics as long as the Gameplay gets fixed year after year after year! Ever think simply fixing the Gameplay will Bring people back to the game?

    Again you can put a fresh coat of paint (Mascots, THREE’s, Vendors) on a rusted out 1960s muscle car but that paint job don’t mean squat if the Engine leaks oil like a water faucet

    Add in the fact that we don't have power steering and the ball joints, tie rods, and wheel bearings all need changing...and the tires are all flat...and everybody should be able to see why the core mechanics need to be redesigned before anything else happens.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    Are your ports open for nhl 18?

    Does this actually help? Has anyone with net experience tested this? If so please save me some googling and tell me what ports because I will open them tonight. The lag is my #1 complaint for years now
  • If you have a fairly modern router it likely has upnp which is a setting to automatically open the ports you use. So it would open the ports for any games for you if you enabled it.
  • If you have a fairly modern router it likely has upnp which is a setting to automatically open the ports you use. So it would open the ports for any games for you if you enabled it.

    I was just gonna say something like that. I use UPNP on mine, and always have, but it doesn't seem to remedy the fat-man lag problem at all because I still have too many bouts of it here.
  • I tried DMZ so all the ports are open and exposed, and I started getting bad packet loss very often. So I reset my modem to the basic settings, and everything was much better, no packet loss anymore. (Now have have Upnp on.)

    I have also tried manually forwarding the ports that this game requires, with no visible benefits. So I'd say it's all the same.
  • rcompton78 wrote: »
    B-Bunny wrote: »
    Are your ports open for nhl 18?

    Does this actually help? Has anyone with net experience tested this? If so please save me some googling and tell me what ports because I will open them tonight. The lag is my #1 complaint for years now


    you want port forwarding if your console is behind your router and firewall.

    not doing so can cause inability to connect to servers, can't peer to peer game and cause delay (inspection; no explicit forwarding).

    https://portforward.com/router.htm

    that site above may help. you can select your router make / model.

    XBOX one ports:

    TCP: 53, 80, 3074.
    UDP: 53, 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500.

    PS4 ports:

    TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480.
    UDP: 3478-3479.


    I set a static IP on my console and then open the specific ports for that specific IP on my router.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!