EA Forums - Banner

Was it always like this?

jake19ny
688 posts Member
edited January 2018
Is it me or is the purpose of HUT to create a team and then build and improve on your team? I feel like building a good team this year seems pointless. When I had a weaker team my passing was around 74% not great but acceptable. Now I have a dream team of top cards with 7 Synergies active and my passing is always 58% - 64%. Also since I’ve created a top tier team my guys fan on 50% of their 2 on 1 shots and at least 10% of regular shots. Each season my team got better and my rankings got worse but the funny thing is i played better competition early on. The last 3 CS I’m almost always matched up against a much weaker opponent but “Magical Mystery Momentum” takes care of that so when I play much weaker team some mystical force has these much lesser cards play at the exact same level or even better than my top tier players. Strangely 15,000 IPOTG cards play as good as 400,000 top EVO cards. Overnight you drop thousands of points in the standings as if every single person that played since you stopped won. Every single loss drops you thousands while wins move you up hundreds. I mean everything this year doesn’t make sense and seems to contradict the mode. Is it just typical sloppy half arsed EA.
Post edited by jake19ny on

Replies

• My team is a 5 star team full of all the top cards and it is pointless to play with them. I am now also going to commit to the bronze players and give it a try.
  • But I thought ice tilt didn't exist? Hahahaha
  • Send them my way if you don't like them. in the last month I went from having 4 guys over 88ov to now everyone is 91+ and I am playing way better than before. I think people play a more simple game with a lesser roster because you have to. If people played a simple game with higher rated players, they will do better (in my experience).

I find a lot of people who have guys with 95+ wrist shot power/accuracy, rarely take wristers with them (just the cut across the slot shot). They try to force one timers all the time. If I have my Tavares with his 98 SHT, I am shooting if he has any space and it works out favourably for me most of the time.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Dunno if anyone remembers an experiment I was doing. Basically I tried playing HUT BaGM where I would start with a franchise team I drafted in BaGM and play that season using HUT players, play out that season and upgrade my HUT team accordingly.

What blew my mind is I figured I was gonna get crushed against the CPU using players like Benoit Pouliot but was lighting the lamp scoring 5-6 goals every game and Cam Ward having an astounding GAA and the desparation saves he was making!!! ... I was raking teams like Tampa, Pittsburgh etc...

But then I would load up my team Canada roster, same difficulty, same exhibition HUT games and could barely score and Price would allow 5 goals a game against teams like Carolina and Ottawa.

I put this game down months ago but there was no doubt in my mind there was a balancing mechanism in this game, even offline vs the CPU.
  • Dunno if anyone remembers an experiment I was doing. Basically I tried playing HUT BaGM where I would start with a franchise team I drafted in BaGM and play that season using HUT players, play out that season and upgrade my HUT team accordingly.

What blew my mind is I figured I was gonna get crushed against the CPU using players like Benoit Pouliot but was lighting the lamp scoring 5-6 goals every game and Cam Ward having an astounding GAA and the desparation saves he was making!!! ... I was raking teams like Tampa, Pittsburgh etc...

But then I would load up my team Canada roster, same difficulty, same exhibition HUT games and could barely score and Price would allow 5 goals a game against teams like Carolina and Ottawa.

I put this game down months ago but there was no doubt in my mind there was a balancing mechanism in this game, even offline vs the CPU.

Watch out for the ban hammer buddy! Can’t say things like that around here...
  • Guys, I have actually never been able to get up from div 10 with my team full of 99+ rated cards, but now that I changed up my team and only have few high end cards and rest of players are bronze, I'm able to win at least 3 1st div titles every day!!! :open_mouth: That is the secret to win!!! Just remember to load your team with worst cards there are and you'll win everyone!!!! :love:
  • You cant win 3 div1 titles if you have never made it out of div10, no matter what teams you are using
  • rokaru8 wrote: »
    You cant win 3 div1 titles if you have never made it out of div10, no matter what teams you are using

You calling me a liar :anguished: !!!??? I totally did it, only reason I wasn't able to do it previously was because of ICETILT(!!!). As soon as I worsened my team all of my opponents that had stacked teams got the icetilt effect, so I was able to win every game easily. That's the way it works.

Now if you have any common sense you go and swap most of your team to bronze players and you'll be unstoppable!!! :blush:
  • I recently faced a Bronze-Team. Dismantled that guy 12-0.
  • rokaru8 wrote: »
    I recently faced a Bronze-Team. Dismantled that guy 12-0.

This. Again people, there’s no ice tilt, it’s the connection, the worst the delays are, the worst your team plays.

Try playing 50 games with a bronze team and you’ll definitely lose against stacked teams.

ITS RANDOM. Nothing triggers the delays.
  • habs92 wrote: »
    rokaru8 wrote: »

This. Again people, there’s no ice tilt, it’s the connection, the worst the delays are, the worst your team plays.

Try playing 50 games with a bronze team and you’ll definitely lose against stacked teams.

But yet when I play against a team that is equal to mine, it results in a good game. Hmmmm
  • habs92
    138 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    sctty98 wrote: »
    habs92 wrote: »

But yet when I play against a team that is equal to mine, it results in a good game. Hmmmm

I get delays and good games against every kind of teams but Whatever dude, i give up, believe what you want lol.

Just one last thing...Tell me why some people do not experience ice tilt ? that’s the question you have to ask yourselves guys. If it was real, everyone should experience it and some people always have great connections and good games.
  • habs92 wrote: »
    sctty98 wrote: »
    habs92 wrote: »

I get delays and good games against every kind of teams but Whatever dude, i give up, believe what you want lol.

Just one last thing...Tell me why some people do not experience ice tilt ? that’s the question you have to ask yourselves guys. If it was real, everyone should experience it and some people always have great connections and good games.

This is why I agree . If it were true everybody would be experiencing it. What is happening is something in the connection is causing teams to lose their abilities to skate shoot check etc.It also gives your opponent a huge increase. It is worse in NHL than any game created and the question is why? And what can we do to fix it?

• Mailman2121
    153 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I am switching internet service providers, the last possible solution I have to fix problem. After googling every "nhl 18 lag fix" on the web, every port forwarding solution, switching from PS4 to Xbox , buying multiple "gaming" routers this is the last option I haven't done. Will update if anyone cares.
  • I am switching internet service providers, the last possible solution I have to fix problem. After googling every "nhl 18 lag fix" on the web, every port forwarding solution, switching from PS4 to Xbox , buying multiple "gaming" routers this is the last option I haven't done. Will update if anyone cares.

Yeah, i care. But i don’t think it’s going to do anything. Some people already tried everything you said and the general consensus is that it’s ea’s fault.
  • I have a team with the best synergys
    86 Draisaitl 87 Backstrom 88 Kane
    85 Fabbri 85 McDavid 85 Marner
    85 Huberdeau 85 Couture 85 Arvidsson
    85 Zetterburg 85 Thorton 84 Turris

Faceoffs weak but all i do Is tie up

86 Josi 86 Letang
    83 Krug 85 Hamilton
    85 McDonagha 85 Parayko

86 Rinne 85 Dubnyk

Didn't open any packs and didn't spend $100 on any packs and I have a team with the 2 best team synergys
  • Socalseats wrote: »
    I have a team with the best synergys
    86 Draisaitl 87 Backstrom 88 Kane
    85 Fabbri 85 McDavid 85 Marner
    85 Huberdeau 85 Couture 85 Arvidsson
    85 Zetterburg 85 Thorton 84 Turris

Faceoffs weak but all i do Is tie up

86 Josi 86 Letang
    83 Krug 85 Hamilton
    85 McDonagha 85 Parayko

86 Rinne 85 Dubnyk

Didn't open any packs and didn't spend $100 on any packs and I have a team with the 2 best team synergys
    And...?
  • Read the main comment and scanned thru the rest... Since they introduced synergies last year I noticed the exact same thing. The more active synergies I had the worse they played together. When it comes down to it, its all marketing and business. Some might say their team plays better, some will say opposite. Gives you more of a reason to play the game to earn more credits or spend more money to get players with more synergies.
  • messerschmiitt88
    11 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    deleted