EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Can’t win a game

124Next

Replies

• Yeah it doesn’t make for a very great experience. Legit the only games I lose are the games where the game does not function properly and suspiciously the opponents I’m playing during the game I experience this unresponsiveness and horrible functionality are not very good statistically....

I will take a loss if it is a good game or if I deserve it but when the game forces mistakes and gives away free pity goals, it just makes me want to stop playing. I game to compete and I thoroughly enjoy a good competition, I have no desire to play carnival games however.

Couldn't have said it better. I don't expect to win every game but when I have a 5 star team with my lowest player rated 90 with multiple synergies and I win some games by 3+ goals against great players/teams every game should be somewhat close.
    I have been playing this franchise since the first year on SEGA...NHLPA '92! Have played the game every year since and had a HUT team since it started. HUT has been the part of the game I have played most since it came out...I used to be in D1-D2 when my best player was Datsyuk and I was playing against teams that had Gretzky, Crosby, Ovi and it was always competitive. Now I have Crosby, Ovi, Kane, etc. and I can't even get to D5...I still love the game as it's the only game I play but I just wish it was a little more consistent with the competition.

• Crosby8789 wrote: »
    So if I buy a bunch of bronze players and add them to my team, I'll have an advantage with ice tilt?..

Yes
  • Shawn96
    103 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    So Im up 3-0 with 1 min left and I loose before OT even begin, won every faceoffs but was there were an automatic breakway for the other guy after cpu poke check he was deserving the game but dont tell me there is no script please.
  • It is your fault If you lose in regulation being up 3 with 1 min left
  • Shawn96 wrote: »
    So Im up 3-0 with 1 min left and I loose before OT even begin, won every faceoffs but was there were an automatic breakway for the other guy after cpu poke check he was deserving the game but dont tell me there is no script please.

You’re not good on pressure lol It already happened to me once to lose after being up 3-1 and it was my fault. My mistakes cost me 2 goals and a loss in ot. Now i’m always calm, i take good decisions and it never happened again. I agree that it seems like in the last minute, your opponent’s AI seems to get an energy boost but you have to make mistakes to lose a 3-0 lead.

• I outshot a guy 45 to 7 and it was 10-3 and the game disconnected me and gave him the win like ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Mailman2121
    127 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I had won 8 in a row the 1st and 2nd day of the ASG season moving into the 800s, the game played good for a day. I have now lost 10 in a row with every game being this garbage you speak off and I am now in the 16000s. I don't what is worse, my opponents overpowered poke checking and AI pressure defense, or his scrub team of nobody's skating past me as my players can't move. Or is it my goalie who lets in 90% of the short side wrister. I have the worst goal of all time saved in my clips how do I share it?
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • sctty98
    291 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I had won 8 in a row the 1st and 2nd day of the ASG season moving into the 800s, the game played good for a day. I have now lost 10 in a row with every game being this garbage you speak off and I am now in the 16000s. I don't what is worse, my opponents overpowered poke checking and AI pressure defense, or his scrub team of nobody's skating past me as my players can't move. Or is it my goalie who lets in 90% of the short side wrister. I have the worst goal of all time saved in my clips how do I share it?

Upload it to YouTube, then post the link here.
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
  • I was in top 1200 3 hours ago now I am #10379 yes 8 loses in 9 games and even the win was a very hard one against a scrub who wouldnt know how to place himself during faceoffs.

I mean it's just laughable at that point...I guess EA is angry I didnt put any $ in the games no I buy EA stocks instead much more interesting than virtual hockey cards.
  • Shawn96 wrote: »
    I was in top 1200 3 hours ago now I am #10379 yes 8 loses in 9 games and even the win was a very hard one against a scrub who wouldnt know how to place himself during faceoffs.

I mean it's just laughable at that point...I guess EA is angry I didnt put any $ in the games no I buy EA stocks instead much more interesting than virtual hockey cards.

Preach brother. It's unbelievable. Last night I was playing and something felt off with the skating. The skating felt more brutal than usual the the only time you could really skate was in a straight line which isn't okay.

I fired up NHL 08 the other day and the skating is night and day, 08 skating just feels better, which is sad because it was released 10 years ago.
  • I traded in every single sports game I can think of. The programming is beyond anything that I have ever dreaded. I've wasted so much money already replacing about 10-20 broken PS4 controllers because of how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the programming is even on Rookie, etc. NBA 2K20, Madden NFL 20, NHL 20, etc. are way beyond a catastrophe. I think I've tried every training session, and everything all these games have to offer. Eventually, the prices of all these games will go up thanks to inflation and the $15 minimum wage increase. Save your money and never worry about any of this. There's other things to do in life than to deal with all these ❤️❤️❤️❤️ games especially NHL 20. Pro difficulty in franchise mode lead me to having a record of 0 wins and how ever many games there are in the franchise mode including the preseason. It's just way beyond a catastrophe. Training mode is also just a waste of time. You just learn by playing it every day and just getting used to it. It's the same game each time. It doesn't change!!! It's NHL, it's hockey, that's all it is!!