EA Forums - Banner

worst soundtrack ever

Replies

• My fave soundtrack was 14...Dropkick Murphy's, BVB, DFA...

• expandrums wrote: »
    This is the best year in a few years. Is it great? Hell no. There's actually some half decent tracks on this one though which is nice. Not as many horrendously awful ones though which is nice.

I want what you are on! Soundtrack is the worst. Sorry but I don't get the game every year so I missed a few but I remember a while back someone at EA vancouver must have been a Bullet for my Valentine fan cause we had a few years of decent rock and metal. Instead of this synth crap...

hey man.... Tubeway Army was solid.

B)
  • Feels like there's a thread like this every year. I'm not too over the top with this soundtrack myself.

There's one song that's in The Show as well...it throws me off every time it plays. Didn't like it there, don't like it here either...it's like a yearlong punishment or something.
  • Eldur74 wrote: »
    Feels like there's a thread like this every year. I'm not too over the top with this soundtrack myself.

There's one song that's in The Show as well...it throws me off every time it plays. Didn't like it there, don't like it here either...it's like a yearlong punishment or something.

there is really no easy way to make a soundtrack for a video game that satisfies everyone.

my only suggestion would be to stay away from commercialized music and go with independent labels and soundcloud guys.
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    My fave soundtrack was 14...Dropkick Murphy's, BVB, DFA...

Really? The Boys Are Back..... Ugh. No thanks. Very bad soundtrack overall.
  • I loved on the 360 how you could have your own music for the warm up skate and intros "For whom the bell tolls" was mine and it syncd so perfectly shish we could do that still
  • The_B_0_G wrote: »
    This is the best year in a few years. Is it great? Hell no. There's actually some half decent tracks on this one though which is nice. Not as many horrendously awful ones though which is nice.

The songs themselves aren't that bad but they just don't suit the game. If you were making a chess video game its unlikely you'd have Pantera or Slipknot soundtracks lol

Those songs would sound great for hockey though lol. This game needs in-your-face aggressive music. Something that gets the juices flowing and makes you want to rip off your opponent's head :) Or at the very least, makes you want to get up, punch your face, and start running :trollface:

I give a big full "agree" to this. I don't mind a lot of the current soundtrack music, but I like it for different reasons from the way I liked the older soundtrack music tracks. There were a few very good years that I remember between 08-15 that featured hard, fast, loud rock/punk type music which I thought was a good sound for the game.

There are way fewer songs that I really like in the new games and most of the songs feel out of place in a hockey game, especially when you compare the current sound to the old sound.
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I rather EA scrap the music and go with each teams organ. Like 94 and it was good. I understand not all teams have their own. Or do they? I forget.
  • li
    zsasz23 wrote: »
    I loved on the 360 how you could have your own music for the warm up skate and intros "For whom the bell tolls" was mine and it syncd so perfectly shish we could do that still

I used “My Hero” by the Foo Fighters for warm up

trw1987 wrote: »

Boys Are Back was 15. 14 was “Shippin’ Up to Boston” I believe

• Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Last year was way worse, I think. But what this game needs is more songs, different songs, more options. If they can't or wont' re-introduce 'make your own soundtrack' type of thing with tunes from your own library (or Spotify or someting), sell different music packs for this game. I'd even pay a buck or two for some classic hockey tunes.
    li
    I loved on the 360 how you could have your own music for the warm up skate and intros "For whom the bell tolls" was mine and it syncd so perfectly shish we could do that still

I think you are correct.
    li

I think you are correct.

I agree with your assessment of "Boys Are Back", however.
  • Don’t you agree tho the soundtrack goes hand in hand with this naughty arcade
  • Swoops--73 wrote: »
    Don’t you agree tho the soundtrack goes hand in hand with this naughty arcade

some of you may not remember as you MAY be too young, but NHL 2002 or 2003...Gob, Sum 41, Foo Fighters etc...they used to get kick @$$ music for these games...
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    li

I think you are correct.

NHL 14 soundtrack:

Airbourne - Live It Up
    Biffy Clyro - Modern Magic Formula
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Let The Day Begin
    Black Veil Brides - In the End
    Buckcherry - Gluttony
    Bullet For My Valentine - Riot
    Dropkick Murphys - The Boys Are Back
    Hanni El Khatib - Family
    Heaven's Basement - Fire, Fire
    New Politics - Harlem
    Rise Against - Lanterns
    Soundgarden - Been Away Too Long
    Wolfmother - Joker And The Thief
    Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400

IMO Soundgarden is the only decent band in that list. Bullet For My Valentine was ok too.
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Last year was way worse, I think. But what this game needs is more songs, different songs, more options. If they can't or wont' re-introduce 'make your own soundtrack' type of thing with tunes from your own library (or Spotify or someting), sell different music packs for this game. I'd even pay a buck or two for some classic hockey tunes.

SHHHHHHHH, there's already too much paying with real money going on with EA games. They need to start using that extra money for game improvements before the game dies a horrible death (as it's starting to already)
  • trw1987
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    li

I think you are correct.

NHL 14 soundtrack:

Airbourne - Live It Up
    Biffy Clyro - Modern Magic Formula
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Let The Day Begin
    Black Veil Brides - In the End
    Buckcherry - Gluttony
    Bullet For My Valentine - Riot
    Dropkick Murphys - The Boys Are Back
    Hanni El Khatib - Family
    Heaven's Basement - Fire, Fire
    New Politics - Harlem
    Rise Against - Lanterns
    Soundgarden - Been Away Too Long
    Wolfmother - Joker And The Thief
    Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400

IMO Soundgarden is the only decent band in that list. Bullet For My Valentine was ok too.
    I stand corrected. I could have sworn Shippin' up to Boston was 14, but apparently it was NHL 11...which was weird...11 was the year I skipped, but I remember hearing it in a game I had...

I want what you are on! Soundtrack is the worst. Sorry but I don't get the game every year so I missed a few but I remember a while back someone at EA vancouver must have been a Bullet for my Valentine fan cause we had a few years of decent rock and metal. Instead of this synth crap...

Oh yeah those were at least attempts at soundtracks. You've missed the awful recent years so you don't even know how bad it can be haha

Oh yeah those were at least attempts at soundtracks. You've missed the awful recent years so you don't even know how bad it can be haha

Speaking relatively I agree. There hasn't been a truly kick-a55 soundtrack since the days of the PS3 and 360.

Speaking relatively I agree. There hasn't been a truly kick-a55 soundtrack since the days of the PS3 and 360.

I prefer the PS2 era.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.