EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

slot shots

Prev1
is it me or does everything fired from the slot go in? also seems like everyone has the same team this year...

Replies

• Yeah I have played against a few people where almost every shot they took was a goal. And guess where it was scored? Top corner every time.
  • expandrums wrote: »
    is it me or does everything fired from the slot go in? also seems like everyone has the same team this year...

High percentage scoring spot and the goalies are weak on that shot.

Everyone has the same team because ovi,stamkos,kuch,wheeler,crosby,mcdavid, etc... are the best players, so everyone gets them. I also think that a lot of players wants the special celebrations players like subban, kane, ovi, mcd...I know i do, that’s the only reason i keep evo laine on my team cause he has an awesome celebration.
  • habs92 wrote: »
    expandrums wrote: »

Everyone has the same team because ovi,stamkos,kuch,wheeler,crosby,mcdavid, etc... are the best players, so everyone gets them. I also think that a lot of players wants the special celebrations players like subban, kane, ovi, mcd...I know i do, that’s the only reason i keep evo laine on my team cause he has an awesome celebration.

Didn’t even know players had special celebrations
  • verrette99 wrote: »
    habs92 wrote: »

Didn’t even know players had special celebrations

Are you serious lol ? go on youtube, there’s a compilation of all the special celebrations. There’s ovi,mcd,anisimov,hall,st-louis,kane,subban,jagr,reaves,laine, kuznet.
  • what do you press for that cause it ❤️❤️❤️❤️ people off lol
  • ABUSEU905 wrote: »
    what do you press for that cause it **** people off lol

Triangle.
  • If you have price in goal and subban they do their celebration after a win
  • If you have price in goal and subban they do their celebration after a win

So it is a hidden celabration that we will never see!!!! HahahaHahaha.
  • habs92 wrote: »

high percentage scoring with no screen?
    just lost to a guy 7-2 he had 25 shots on net. ever slot shot went it...that's all he did....that kills the fun of the game...
  • expandrums wrote: »

high percentage scoring with no screen?
    just lost to a guy 7-2 he had 25 shots on net. ever slot shot went it...that's all he did....that kills the fun of the game...

I never said it was fun lol but it is what it is, if you want to win you have to use everything you can because the best players are using all the exploits, if you want to call it exploits. Just learn how to defend against them.
  • easier said than done. seems like 75% of the time I have a guy out of position to leave the lane open...
  • habs92
    138 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    easier said than done. seems like 75% of the time I have a guy out of position to leave the lane open...

Yeah it’s not easy but if you have a hard time you can use skill-zone defense
    and don’t listen to the crybabies who say that it’s a cheap way to play, you have all the rights to use everything you can to win. Just keep 1 player in front of the net to protect the cross crease and let the ai chase the puck.

I’m using my own defense strategies tho, i’m not using pure skill-zone but a mix of skill-zone and other things. I’m always winning at least 7 games in div 1 so i get from 1 to 3 unplayable games full of lag or delays.

Skill-zone defense makes you defend the cross crease and the shots from the slot a lot more easier and if you’re good, you’ll win them all.

P.S. Never chase the puck yourself by switching players really fast, you’ll get caught out of position a lot, you have to be smart and wait for the perfect timing. Just relax, watch your opponent play style and then out of nowhere you switch and you steal the puck. If you can adapt your defense to your opponent play style, they’ll get angry that they can’t do anything and they’ll start making mistakes.

If it wasn’t for the lag or delays problems i get here and there...i’d be a regular top 100 player in cs and a regular div 1 title winner. It’s frustrating and yes, sometimes your players are acting like headless rookies and you can’t do anything about it.

It’s in the game.

• Everybody got the same team? Don't know what you are talking about never saw the Gaudreau-Stamkos-Kucherov line or the Karlsson-Lidstrom pair :D
  • expandrums
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    easier said than done. seems like 75% of the time I have a guy out of position to leave the lane open...

Yeah it’s not easy but if you have a hard time you can use skill-zone defense
    and don’t listen to the crybabies who say that it’s a cheap way to play, you have all the rights to use everything you can to win. Just keep 1 player in front of the net to protect the cross crease and let the ai chase the puck.

I’m using my own defense strategies tho, i’m not using pure skill-zone but a mix of skill-zone and other things. I’m always winning at least 7 games in div 1 so i get from 1 to 3 unplayable games full of lag or delays.

Skill-zone defense makes you defend the cross crease and the shots from the slot a lot more easier and if you’re good, you’ll win them all.

P.S. Never chase the puck yourself by switching players really fast, you’ll get caught out of position a lot, you have to be smart and wait for the perfect timing. Just relax, watch your opponent play style and then out of nowhere you switch and you steal the puck. If you can adapt your defense to your opponent play style, they’ll get angry that they can’t do anything and they’ll start making mistakes.

If it wasn’t for the lag or delays problems i get here and there...i’d be a regular top 100 player in cs and a regular div 1 title winner. It’s frustrating and yes, sometimes your players are acting like headless rookies and you can’t do anything about it.

It’s in the game.

is this a strategy you turn on or the simple idea of letting the ai control the defense?
    Post edited by expandrums on
  • I mean give a clear shot from the slot to most of the top 6 guys in real life and it will end up in the back of the net most of the time
  • verrette99 wrote: »
    I mean give a clear shot from the slot to most of the top 6 guys in real life and it will end up in the back of the net most of the time

Yes but in real life the goalie won’t go down to his knees as soon as the shot is taken, raise his glove in the air like he’s waving hello, and freeze while the puck floats over his shoulder into the net.....like it does every time in this game.
  • Not to mention legend D-man and the best in the world don't leave the slot wide open for the opposition to shoot at will...
  • plantnap81 wrote: »
    Not to mention legend D-man and the best in the world don't leave the slot wide open for the opposition to shoot at will...

Yep. I played a CS game this morning and my opponent just skated in on the wing and cut to the slot and my Dmen (91 Legend Bourque the lowest rated) would just momentarily freeze when I tried to cut him off. It gave him a feee shot every time. Fortunately for me he wasn’t very good and most of the time he didn’t shootwhen he should have. He would have had 5 goals easy.
  • expandrums
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    assuming i did it right last night i won all 3 games i played and basically destroyed them. today i'm 0-2 first game was close second game the guy still scored 6 goals on his first 10 shots in the first period...small sample size. on the one hand i did well last night but tonight i got destroyed. the one guy tonight gave me my worst beating trying this skillzone thing...don't you put protect net on or contain puck?

funny this worked for me night one and night too i'm destroyed using it
  • skill zone doesn't work....all slot shots still go in they just shoot through the d now....probably a screen. wristers from the blue going in like crazy....have to say i thought this game got better from last year but i'm wrong...