EA Forums - Banner

Franchise Mode Trading Broken

To prove how broken this game is in franchise Mode I turned off salary cap so you would THINK that salary’s don’t matter. This is not the case however as I went to trade Phillip Grubauer with a $2.650M contract to Carolina for Scott Darling who has a $4.150M contract. The game says it was an acceptable deal but that Carolina felt it was too much to “absorb the contract” of grubauer even though his contract is worth just under $2M less than Darlings who they would trade. Keep in mind this is all with the salary cap OFF. To further prove my point I added FOUR 1st round picks to the trade and was given the same old “carolina does not think it’s worth it to take on the contract of Phillip Grubauer”. Please for the love of god fix this.

Replies

• BSDShoes
    116 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    It would make sense, for example, as of right now IRL, who on God's earth would take Loui Eriksson from Vancouver with his $6m/yr/6yr contract in a trade? Player performance (or player rating in this case) would play in effect with the AI's trading. I tried to trade a 78 overall player with a $4.5m contract and the AI wouldn't take it, had the player been 84 overall, the AI probably would've taken it in a heartbeat.
  • Contracts are crazy also..I decided to mess with the islanders .. extent tavares....8 years 7.3mil no problem. But yes trades need to be tweaked...as does the rest of the game
  • Trade logic has been incredibly stupid for years now. You will offer one deal, they refuse it, they turn around and offer the exact same or even worse deal in two minutes
  • Maybe if Microsoft ends up acquiring EA we'll see actual sprawling improvements to the franchise for once.
  • Maybe if Microsoft ends up acquiring EA we'll see actual sprawling improvements to the franchise for once.

You really think Microsoft will fork out $36 billion dollars to acquire EA? Seems more like a pipe dream than anything else. Don't hold your breath as I find this sale to be very improbable.
  • BSDShoes wrote: »
    It would make sense, for example, as of right now IRL, who on God's earth would take Loui Eriksson from Vancouver with his $6m/yr/6yr contract in a trade? Player performance (or player rating in this case) would play in effect with the AI's trading. I tried to trade a 78 overall player with a $4.5m contract and the AI wouldn't take it, had the player been 84 overall, the AI probably would've taken it in a heartbeat.

Grubauer is 3 years younger and they are the exact same overall of 82. He even has 1.5X the value of darling and they won’t take it. Plus why would they not take it with the added four 1st round picks? That doesn’t make sense IRL.
  • Colbym66
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    UPDATE: Tried to trade Grubauer (Way higher value) for Varlamov who has an even heftier $5.9M contract and the same message came up. I guess Grubauer is impossible to trade. At this point the islanders wouldn’t even trade me DiPietros terrible contract for Grubauer who can play as a solid backup.
  • They need to add some logic to the AI for salary dumps, like if I’m Detroit and am dumping Datsyuks contract, there is going to have to be incentive for them to take it on like a 1st round pick or prospect etc.