EA Forums - Banner

About to buy NHL, have a quick question.

Prev1
Hello!

So i'm thinking if i should buy NHL 18 or not. What i really like is to use my fantasy and customization within the game.

I saw this when i read on about NHL 18 features, what does it really mean?

"With up to 64 different online and offline play options, more than ever before in an NHL game, there’s always something to suit your style. "

What does it really mean? Thank you! :)

Replies

• It is marketing fluff. You can play certain modes with a friend on the couch with you that you couldnt before.

Word of advice, dont buy NHL 18. At least wait for 19's promotional material to see what will be the selling point of that game.

I didnt purchase 17 or 18, and by the comments on these forums, on facebook, and various twitter outlets, i made a tremendously amazing decision.
  • Most people who enjoy the game play only offline. If you're an online only player I wouldn't buy this game. Offline might be bearable, I hear the hardest difficulty is bulls*** though.
  • shawshank2010
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Save your money. Play whatever the last hockey game you still have and like the most and you will not only be much happier but also save yourself a few bucks.
  • EA WILL STOP THIS POST DO NOT BUY 18...buy either 16 or 17 ...17 u can still play online do not buy 18
  • habbanson
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for information!

Follow up question:

Can you customize and edit players skill/attributes while you play them in a season or tournament?
    For fun imagination purpose? :)
    I think i will only play offline mode with a friend and play our own little imagine world of NHL.

Thanks.
  • U can edit any player...just go to rosters go to edit
  • U can edit any player...just go to rosters go to edit

Yeah, but can you do it while they are connected to a season or tournament? That is what i mean.
  • My thought is to stay as far away from this pile as you possibly can. If you ONLY play offline then buy it used at a steep discount (20 bucks or so maybe.) You are stuck with EA's play settings if you play online, and that is VERY bad, but you got sliders in your favor if all you play is offline.
  • do not buy
  • habbanson wrote: »
    Hello!

So i'm thinking if i should buy NHL 18 or not. What i really like is to use my fantasy and customization within the game.

I saw this when i read on about NHL 18 features, what does it really mean?

"With up to 64 different online and offline play options, more than ever before in an NHL game, there’s always something to suit your style. "

What does it really mean? Thank you! :)

irs utterly dumb to support EA by buying NHL 18 right now. You are supporting mediocrity and encouraging a continuation of a terrible development system. you WILL let the game rot on a shelf after nomore than a couple of weeks of play (if that)
  • It is a decent game.For me it was the first console NHL game ever.You and your friend will have ton of fun in your offline world if you did not play 17 or 16.Once you get better in the game and more competitive in online games you could get annoyed by some game "features".But Hey it is just a game :).Some guys take it too seriously here ;)
  • It is marketing fluff. You can play certain modes with a friend on the couch with you that you couldnt before.

Word of advice, dont buy NHL 18. At least wait for 19's promotional material to see what will be the selling point of that game.

I didnt purchase 17 or 18, and by the comments on these forums, on facebook, and various twitter outlets, i made a tremendously amazing decision.

Any idea around which time of the year can we expect the NHL 19 promotional materials?
  • Take ur hard earned money and stay away from this flaming pile of junk.

I have stopped 4 or 5 of my friends from buying this game don’t give EA nhl any of ur $
  • Buy nhl Stanley cup on super Nintendo. You'll get the same enjoyment at a much lower price. It might even be more fun
  • If you want to play with real physics, this game is worst than the previous years. If you dont mind the arcade feeling, this game is for you.
  • neonfish85 wrote: »
    It is marketing fluff. You can play certain modes with a friend on the couch with you that you couldnt before.

Any idea around which time of the year can we expect the NHL 19 promotional materials?

Usually they dont release any info till E3 and thats in June I believe
  • They'll put out another email with the feature list and survey in April.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    They'll put out another email with the feature list and survey in April.

I never bother to look at Emails from EA anyways so I wouldnt know lol I usually get my info on upcoming games at E3
  • Save your money, I wouldnt buy 18 if I had to choose to do it over again