EA Forums - Banner

When will EA put some effort into their games?

2Next

Replies

• I honestly don't know if they ever will with no competition. NHL is their low, supplementary income title that they do the minimum for, then mainly just keep the HUT team working for the entire year to make more $.

How I wish Sony Interactive would get into hockey.

When I think of EA Hockey the terms that come to mind right away are "red-headed step-child" and "tax write-off"
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    trw1987 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    The_B_0_G wrote: »
    nickels55 wrote: »
    They will do the minimum possible until there is some competition. Since there is none, enjoy your future roster updates for the price of a full game. Oh yeah, there also be a few enhancements and the same bugs we all know and love.

"Toe drag short side wrist shots" lol in the game since NHL08.

If you're getting beat by those every game, that's some bad defense.

How incredibly false. The toe drag basically renders any defensive move moot, and allows the shooter nigh invincibility. Also...goalies should be able to stop those unscreened wristers from the top of the circle more often than not

So, you're constantly letting unscreened shots from the tops of the circles be taken? Again, sounds like bad defense. Sure, you're not going to stop them all, but they shouldn't be so bad that you're always getting scored on by them. You see the same move over and over again. People will take it even if you're covering them. Covering those shots isn't that difficult. I also am not seeing every single shot from the tops of the circles go in. Is it too often? Sure. It seems too successful, but it's also defendable.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    trw1987 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    The_B_0_G wrote: »
    nickels55 wrote: »
    They will do the minimum possible until there is some competition. Since there is none, enjoy your future roster updates for the price of a full game. Oh yeah, there also be a few enhancements and the same bugs we all know and love.

"Toe drag short side wrist shots" lol in the game since NHL08.

If you're getting beat by those every game, that's some bad defense.

How incredibly false. The toe drag basically renders any defensive move moot, and allows the shooter nigh invincibility. Also...goalies should be able to stop those unscreened wristers from the top of the circle more often than not

So, you're constantly letting unscreened shots from the tops of the circles be taken? Again, sounds like bad defense. Sure, you're not going to stop them all, but they shouldn't be so bad that you're always getting scored on by them. You see the same move over and over again. People will take it even if you're covering them. Covering those shots isn't that difficult. I also am not seeing every single shot from the tops of the circles go in. Is it too often? Sure. It seems too successful, but it's also defendable.

2 on 1. Play the pass, let the goalie take the shot. First rule of defending odd man rushes.