EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Am I losing because I don't put money in the game?

2Next

Replies

• verrette99 wrote: »
    Armakuni_k wrote: »
    Nope. I got 95 Chelios in a free pack (haven’t spent money since ’11 or so), and he averages a point a game for me online over +20 games. Nerfed much?

I’ve played thousands of HUT games since the beginning, all the ”rigged” games (**** AI, failed onetimers, opponents scoring on everything) come when I get a bad connection to the opponent. When I have a good connection my players perform according to their stats. As for you lovely ppl thinking there is code letting you get an x game winning streak and then going on an x game losing streak... tin foil station coming up! <3

Says the guy who gets a 95 ovr card in a free pack :p
    verrette99 wrote: »
    Nope. I got 95 Chelios in a free pack (haven’t spent money since ’11 or so), and he averages a point a game for me online over +20 games. Nerfed much?

I’ve played thousands of HUT games since the beginning, all the ”rigged” games (**** AI, failed onetimers, opponents scoring on everything) come when I get a bad connection to the opponent. When I have a good connection my players perform according to their stats. As for you lovely ppl thinking there is code letting you get an x game winning streak and then going on an x game losing streak... tin foil station coming up! <3

Hehe, I got 95 Chelly and 92 Robitaille in the free Christmas pack, I thought everyone got good cards in that pack?
  • monz
    872 posts Member

Hehe, I got 95 Chelly and 92 Robitaille in the free Christmas pack, I thought everyone got good cards in that pack?

Nope
  • Shawn96
    103 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    The thing is I always end up between top 1,000 and 3,000 in the season mode, but if I play over 5 games it's almost certain there was a phase where I was ~8,000.

In other words, to make it to top 3,000 I either play 4 games (and win them all) or over 15, there is no in between..
  • Armakuni_k wrote: »

Everyone got a 92 legend but I didn’t get anything else lol. I got 92 recchi and he isn’t good enough to play on my team lol
  • Ice tilt and all that crap is nothing more than a good excuse for someone to feel better about losing, let’s be real. Just like in real hockey you can be dominating and just get unlucky or have a bad bounce. In the end of the day if you are a .500 player you will end up winning some you shouldn’t and lose some you shouldn’t. It’s the same for top 100 players, trust me. Sometimes you lose to someone who you feel is playing the game by bashing his head on the controller... that just means you were not good enough to solve how to end up with the win...
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    The few who call out the vast majority by denying the Ice Tilt, despite EA having 2 patents suggesting its real, keep on saying the same thing....fluke goals happen...comebacks happen....bad goals happen....Besides clearly not reading what people are describing this argument is flawed by one simple thing. All these things described would never happen 4-5 straight games. Then it’s no longer a fluke.

The other argument the very few make against Ice Tilt is the very simple “get better at the game” yet they cannot explain, not does EA why in these games, despite a perfect connection, you experience the following;

Players won’t pick up loose pucks sometimes circling 3 plus times

Players freeze after a face off allowing opponent a quick set up and usually a goal

Phantom tripping calls

Delayed reaction on button commands

Ridiculous amount of fanning on shots

Passes decide to go in different directions

Your entire team skating at a much slower speed than opponents

Poke check either ineffective or constantly knocks puck back to opponent

Goalie can’t stop a beach ball

Under the few defenders argument that it’s your skill level wouldn’t explain why this only happens in some games usually a cluster of 3-10 games in a row and against teams made up of a lesser squad. It also doesn’t in anyway explain the above

Under the few defenders argument that say “fluke” games happen doesn’t explain the above and a fluke game would happen 1 every 10-15 not 1-3

People know what they seeing.. People know what they are experiencing. Now people know what’s going on. It’s not a tinfoil hat conspiracy it’s a business move by EA and many other gaming companies that do similar things on this sad day and age of micro transactions. It makes perfect sense for the company bottom line it’s just horrible for gamers and ruins the experience.
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    The few who call out the vast majority by denying the Ice Tilt, despite EA having 2 patents suggesting its real, keep on saying the same thing....fluke goals happen...comebacks happen....bad goals happen....Besides clearly not reading what people are describing this argument is flawed by one simple thing. All these things described would never happen 4-5 straight games. Then it’s no longer a fluke.

The other argument the very few make against Ice Tilt is the very simple “get better at the game” yet they cannot explain, not does EA why in these games, despite a perfect connection, you experience the following;

Players freeze after a face off allowing opponent a quick set up and usually a goal

Phantom tripping calls

Under the few defenders argument that it’s your skill level wouldn’t explain why this only happens in some games usually a cluster of 3-10 games in a row and against teams made up of a lesser squad. It also doesn’t in anyway explain the above

Under the few defenders argument that say “fluke” games happen doesn’t explain the above and a fluke game would happen 1 every 10-15 not 1-3

People know what they seeing.. People know what they are experiencing. Now people know what’s going on. It’s not a tinfoil hat conspiracy it’s a business move by EA and many other gaming companies that do similar things on this sad day and age of micro transactions. It makes perfect sense for the company bottom line it’s just horrible for gamers and ruins the experience.

Sorry, but the things you describe only happen to me when I have laggy games.
  • Armakuni_k wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »

Phantom tripping calls

Sorry, but the things you describe only happen to me when I have laggy games.

Dont be sorry that’s good for you. You are lucky. I have a perfect green straight line when it happens. When I’m lagging I experience something totally different. Bad but different. I can tell the difference.
  • after starting this CS 5-1 my team now is skating in mud, have no ability to control the puck, and all the other nonsense that goes with it when the tilt decides you need a losing streak. Here’s my last 3 games
    Lost 3-0 outshot opponent 33-7 opponent scored 3 goals on first 4 shots
    Lost 2-1 outshot opponent 27-8 opponent scored 2 goals on first 2 shots
    Lost 3-1 outshot opponent 30-9 opponent scored 3 goals on first 5 shots.

You see they spot the weaker team the lead then make you battle slow unesponsive controls, bizarre passing and shooting accuracy, skating in mud players who can’t control the puck, and AI defenders that just wander aimlessly. Perfect green connection the whole time.
    The likes of Keith Yandle and Brandon Dubinsky were superstars against me compared to my EVO 98 Ovechkin and EVO 97 Burns. Just have to wait out the nonsense until I get a couple of good games in and coast to the mediocre finish designs by EA.
  • Now on the flip side I just played a guy with an awful team and no ice tilt. Destroyed him. 6-1. Not much fun for either of us. His record is 0-6 and giving up a ton of goals. If EA just abandoned this level playing field ice tilt garbage and just had a proper matchmaking system where teams play other teams equal to their records the rankings would take care of themselves and it would still stimulate people to purchase packs just the same. At least your “Conpetitive Season” games would be conpetitive win or lose. As it stands now destroying someone weaker, being destroyed by someone stronger, or having outcomes manufactured is not a good gaming experience. Under its current set up you get 1 good gane win or lose maybe every 5-6 games.
  • Hearing what people are saying, and just to play devils advicate a little... explain the 100s of players with major winning records? Do they have the magic formula if ice tilt avoidance?
  • paddymck1
    97 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    We're all losing because of people putting to much $$$ towards packs. EA has become complacent milking you for money and doing absolutely nothing to improve gameplay, game modes and servers, but boy did they ever introduce a bunch of new card types. I challenge EA to attempt to create a game that is even nominated for sports game of the year. NHL won it a few years straight several years back. Funny how it all went downhill once HUT hit the scene. Why is it that EA produced much higher quality games back in the days of 360 and ps3. Micro transactions are a cancer to gaming, especially the model EA follows
  • Hearing what people are saying, and just to play devils advicate a little... explain the 100s of players with major winning records? Do they have the magic formula if ice tilt avoidance?
    This is what I've been thinking. Recently I've started getting better and on route to win 3 first div titles in a row and very rarely lose unless I feel the opponent really is better. So deciding the winner in advance shouldn't be true.

However, there are games where I play a team with random base cards and do feel like my AI start making very odd positional decisions and take random automatic twists and turns giving space to the opponent.
    Like 2vs0/2vs1 and your other wingers goes back against the goal and positions himself so that there is no way he can score. I would accept it if it was a case of bad offensive awareness in the players' stats, but these days every attacker has a 94-99 OA. Defensively it feels like you're trying to pull 5 sheeps slowly going the wrong way with leashes.
    Also the last 20 seconds of the game/period seem very, very hard to defend if you're up by one goal. I've came back so many times in the last 30 seconds when losing by 1 too. However, usually I win these games nonetheless if the opponents players are a lot worse.

I feel there really might be something there, but it's not unbeatable, as many players' records show. Not saying that makes it okay to be there, but as the quote said there are players who have insane records, so it's not absolutely scripted.
    I've noticed in my own game that I have certain patterns that I unconsciously might start doing, resulting in very easy to read plays etc. Once I realize I'm just skating to the corners and making hesitant shots, and start to really focus more, usually the game starts to turn the other way again. No doubt after the opponent starts to lose his lead he will feel that it's ice tilt. This game is very much mental too, but we have a habit of blaming anything but ourselves when things don't go our way, especially in things where we look for entertainment.

So I'm not saying there is absolutely no ice tilt, but I don't think it's as decisive and huge as most make it out to be. Many times when I start losing games or play bad I'll be able to see my own mistakes afterwards. In the heat of the moment I always blame ice tilt though.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Hearing what people are saying, and just to play devils advicate a little... explain the 100s of players with major winning records? Do they have the magic formula if ice tilt avoidance?

Some people are just plain really good and can battle through it. I’ve squeaked a few wins out during it but I’m not on the level of some seriously elite players. If you are a .500 to .700 player and lose 25% of your games to this it should frustrate you.
    Of course there are also the same guys season in and season our, round in and round out at the top of the leaderboards undefeated or 1-2 losses with more than half their wins DNF. EA refuses to go after desync cheats and instead rewards them with the top prizes.
  • i think you both make some good points! Forza - I think really you hit the nail on the head with calling this a mental game because you need to be able to switch things up if they don’t go your way, and sometimes it’s much easier to get pissed and blame tilt.

In the end of the day who am I to say that there is no ice tilt because really I don’t know and nor does anyone else here for sure. All I know is that I’ve been in the top 100 or close to every season this year and whenever I lose, most of the time it is because someone just played better than me that particular game... and most of the time that happens because I get frustrated during the game and don’t adapt (usually because of skill zone because that **** drives me insane).

I think a lot of the time things may look like ice tilt and it’s a bad connection. I have seen someone who did research on servers and maybe that explains why it is usually a span of 10 games in a row or something? Maybe the dns acting up? Who knows... I just don’t think even if ice tilt is in the game, that it has that much of an affect.
  • It only seems to be on Hut (the mode you can spend money on) as whenever I play online Vs absolutely no issues, if I lose its down to my error or a better opponent. In HUT it's horrendous on how different your team can play, completely inconsistent from period to period let alone game to game. Some of the alumni players must have passed away as the puck seems to pass through their ereatheal bodies.
    So now I just stick to online vs as refuse to buy packs, wish 2k would step back in the rink, as it stands EA can do what they want with no pressure to make great leaps and bounds. This edition plays well in some areas but defense is lacking I feel, and the two on one cross ice one timer is to tough to defend when in HUT mode, don't have many against me in any other. Rant over
  • Socair
    2371 posts Game Changer
    Old thread closed. Please don’t necro-post year old threads.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!