EA Forums - Banner

Can someone from EA please address this

Prev13
jake19ny
688 posts Member
edited February 2018
Can someone from EA please address a couple of issues and let us know if a fix is coming soon. These issues are lingering for months have cost me more CS games than I care to count.

1) During faceoffs deep in my own end my D man and all players on the net side freeze for several seconds right after the faceoff is taken allowing your opponent an easy set up for a quick one timer goal.

2) During some games one entire team skates slower than the other team. It will always be the team that has the better player cards.

3) Some games your highly rated players with high puck control cannot seem to pick up a puck or flat out ignore the puck when it comes toward them.

I would also like to know if you guys are looking into the over abundance of games lost despite outshooting someone 33-7 (for example). This happens way to often to chalk up to bad luck or fluke game. It’s also not quality shots over quantity because when this happens your highly rated goalie cannot stop a beach ball. Having a top rated goalie with a .600 Save percentage because every 2-3 games he gives up 4 weak goals on only 7 total shots seems odd.

Thanks and regards.

Please do not derail this thread. Everyone has an opinion on why these things happen but I’m trying to get an answer from EA with an honest effort to keep the thread within forum rules. Maybe if it’s addressed we can put the thousands of threads and theories to rest on these subjects.
Post edited by jake19ny on

Replies

• monz
    930 posts Member
    Im not from ea, but ill give you an honest awnswer. Everything your describing is happening to you because people are out strategizing you. You have to learn to play the game, im not trying to be rude or obnoxious by saying that. Hockey is 90% mental, its all about understanding situations, when to be aggressive, when to be passive when and how to counter what your oppennets doing. I know it can feel terrible when things dont go your way but its only a game, try and have fun and keep an open mind towards learning.
  • monz wrote: »
    Im not from ea, but ill give you an honest awnswer. Everything your describing is happening to you because people are out strategizing you. You have to learn to play the game, im not trying to be rude or obnoxious by saying that. Hockey is 90% mental, its all about understanding situations, when to be aggressive, when to be passive when and how to counter what your oppennets doing. I know it can feel terrible when things dont go your way but its only a game, try and have fun and keep an open mind towards learning.

I appreciate the response but not a single thing you posted explains a single question I have. What myself and thousands others are experiencing has nothing to do with skill or strategy. I should have pointed out that these things never happen when I play someone better than me. If someone has a better team than me sometimes I find it’s happening to them and not me. Also when these things happen I tend to spend 3x more time in my opponents attack zone than they spend in mine it’s 100% not related to skill or connection....although bad connections pose another whole set of issues
  • monz
    930 posts Member
    What i said address every issue your having, Because thousands have experienced these issues and understand how to stop them from happening. Just because you don't doesnt mean theres something wrong with the game. There is a steep learning curve, evetything you've stated is happening to you because of your strategy/play style. Whether you believe it or not its up to you.

Btw if 100,000 people saying its raining outside does that meaning you should bring an umbrella?
  • I'll be honest too. I was struggling with a lot of that stuff but now I have a really good team and I have been winning a lot more and am way more competitive. Even got an invite to the play in the next competitive legend season or whatever its called which I still don't really understand why. This is my current roster: https://hutdb.net/18/builder/1050650
    I'll be adding crosby and giroux down the middle soon which will make my team a little better...The synergies made a difference and learning how to use the players on the proper lines is huge too. I still get smoked by great players but more often than not the games are fun and I at least have a shot now so it's not as frustrating. monz is right it's just a game try to have fun with it.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    monz wrote: »
    What i said address every issue your having, Because thousands have experienced these issues and understand how to stop them from happening. Just because you don't doesnt mean theres something wrong with the game. There is a steep learning curve, evetything you've stated is happening to you because of your strategy/play style. Whether you believe it or not its up to you.

Btw if 100,000 people saying its raining outside does that meaning you should bring an umbrella?

Ok. Please explain how skill or strategy prevents my player from picking up a puck? Why he will skate in circles around it sometimes 3 times and just won’t pick it up and the opposition swoops in and skates off with it? Go ahead explain it....

Please explain what skill and strategy has to do with my players freezing and not moving and being unable to take control of them after a faceoff deep in my end? Why it’s 3-5 second lock giving my opponent enough time to win the draw and set up a one timer.....go ahead explain it....

Please explain how skill or strategy has anything to do with my team, despite being 99-99-97 with some of the fastest skaters in the game will skate notably slower than the opposition team made of Brandon Dubinsky, Keith Yandle, Alex Petrovic, etc....explain how a guy with 87 speed and acceleration catches my 99 speed 99 acceleration despite me having at least a 3 stride lead for a breakaway....go ahead explain it.....

Please explain how skill and strategy have anything to do with me losing 7-8 games every round despite dominating attack time and setting up great shots and taking over 30 shots a game but lose 4-1 despite giving up single digit shots.....go ahead explain it.

Explain how I’m on the other side of that to and win a few the same way which is equally no fun...explain it....

Better yet...don’t because you can’t and it’s wasting space in the thread

Please enough with the get better crap. I asked for the his thread to not be derailed and myself and many many many others would like EA to address it. Coming in here with the “it’s you garbage” is insulting to myself and guys who have been playing this game for decades. The issues we are seeing are new starting last year for me and real bad this year. If it’s an AI issue we want to know if they are fixing it....if it’s a bug.....we want to know if it’s going to be patched....if it’s something else we want to know what and why. So keep the get better at the game stuff out of here. It’s not relevant or constructive to the thread.
    Thank you
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    jake19ny wrote: »
    Can someone from EA please address a couple of issues and let us know if a fix is coming soon. These issues are lingering for months have cost me more CS games than I care to count.

1) During faceoffs deep in my own end my D man and all players on the net side freeze for several seconds right after the faceoff is taken allowing your opponent an easy set up for a quick one timer goal.

2) During some games one entire team skates slower than the other team. It will always be the team that has the better player cards.

3) Some games your highly rated players with high puck control cannot seem to pick up a puck or flat out ignore the puck when it comes toward them.

I would also like to know if you guys are looking into the over abundance of games lost despite outshooting someone 33-7 (for example). This happens way to often to chalk up to bad luck or fluke game. It’s also not quality shots over quantity because when this happens your highly rated goalie cannot stop a beach ball. Having a top rated goalie with a .600 Save percentage because every 2-3 games he gives up 4 weak goals on only 7 total shots seems odd.

Thanks and regards.

Please do not derail this thread. Everyone has an opinion on why these things happen but I’m trying to get an answer from EA with an honest effort to keep the thread within forum rules. Maybe if it’s addressed we can put the thousands of threads and theories to rest on these subjects.

The only one of these that's a legit issue is number 1. I've seen this happen as well. It's uncommon, but it happens. 2 and 3... that's more about your own skill than anything else.
  • monz
    930 posts Member
    jake19ny wrote: »

Ok. Please explain how skill or strategy prevents my player from picking up a puck? Why he will skate in circles around it sometimes 3 times and just won’t pick it up and the opposition swoops in and skates off with it? Go ahead explain it....

Please explain what skill and strategy has to do with my players freezing and not moving and being unable to take control of them after a faceoff deep in my end? Why it’s 3-5 second lock giving my opponent enough time to win the draw and set up a one timer.....go ahead explain it....

Please explain how skill or strategy has anything to do with my team, despite being 99-99-97 with some of the fastest skaters in the game will skate notably slower than the opposition team made of Brandon Dubinsky, Keith Yandle, Alex Petrovic, etc....explain how a guy with 87 speed and acceleration catches my 99 speed 99 acceleration despite me having at least a 3 stride lead for a breakaway....go ahead explain it.....

Please explain how skill and strategy have anything to do with me losing 7-8 games every round despite dominating attack time and setting up great shots and taking over 30 shots a game but lose 4-1 despite giving up single digit shots.....go ahead explain it.

Explain how I’m on the other side of that to and win a few the same way which is equally no fun...explain it....

Better yet...don’t because you can’t and it’s wasting space in the thread

Please enough with the get better crap. I asked for the his thread to not be derailed and myself and many many many others would like EA to address it. Coming in here with the “it’s you garbage” is insulting to myself and guys who have been playing this game for decades. The issues we are seeing are new starting last year for me and real bad this year. If it’s an AI issue we want to know if they are fixing it....if it’s a bug.....we want to know if it’s going to be patched....if it’s something else we want to know what and why. So keep the get better at the game stuff out of here. It’s not relevant or constructive to the thread.
    Thank you

Sorry for derailing your thread, only trying to help.

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Now that the usual suspects got their “you stink at the game” regurgitation out of the way maybe someone from EA will address the actual questions and if someone from EA....and only EA tells me it’s a skill issue and explains exactly how skill has anything to do with those issues I would love to hear it because it quite simply has zero to do with it and anyone experiencing it knows it. On a side note if those who think they have all the answers want to create their own thread explaing how skill relates to each and every one of those issues have at it because until now they say the same thing over and over with not a shred to back it up. It will be quite entertaining
  • monz
    930 posts Member
    I didnt say you stunk, i said you needed a better understanding of the game of hockey. Theres a difference
  • monz
    930 posts Member
    You on xbone or ps?
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I didnt say you stunk, i said you needed a better understanding of the game of hockey. Theres a difference

Which is even more insulting. I had pretty damn good run playing the actual sport for 22 years. I’m on Ps4
  • monz
    930 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Didnt mean to inslut you, sorry
  • monz
    930 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Too bad i would have loved to play with you, to show you the difference.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I don’t mean to get testy. I’m not the only one having this problem. I can easily admit I’m no stud at the game but I can hold my own. Myself and a lot of others are experiencing issues that alll I can simply say are absolutely not skill or strategy related. So many threads get created on this and most get deleted and people end up banned because the threads get derailed and turn nasty. I honestly don’t want that to happen here. I do respect everyone’s opinion on the subject and how they feel about the game but many of us really want to hear from EA on the matter. I notice they address many issues and questions and would just love for any answers to come from them. At the very least I think it would.put an end to the ongoing debate and a lot of unpleasantness around here latley. Sorry for jumping on you. Cheers dude
  • monz
    930 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    No worries man Btw who did ya play for? Anyone id know or just beer league?
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    No worries man Btw who did ya play for?

No professional league on any level. industrial leagues and many of my years for my police department league that played other departments and fire departments. Had a lot of fun and played with some talented guys. Had the pleasure one off season to play with Brian Trottier, Pat Lafontaine, Pat Flatley, Gerald Diduck, and David Volek. When I played with those guys I realized why Im not in the pros....lol.
  • monz
    930 posts Member
    Really? Wow, what a treat that must've been. They really are something else.
  • Jake keep up the good fight brother. I agree with just about every post you write. The people that never experience any issues are ignorant to what you're talking about. They just don't experience it, cause if they did they would understand the difference between bad luck and playing with a handicap. I am about to give my team away on twitter. My biggest complaint is how juiced up my opponents poke check and skating agility is, compared how handicapped mine is. Along with every other attribute.
  • Maybe give these strategies and try and see how it feels after that?
  • Maybe give these strategies and try and see how it feels after that?

Interesting video but it in no way explains or would change any of the things we’re experiencing. I appreciate everyone’s input but only EA addressing the questions will really mean anything otherwise it’s just everyone’s opinion.