EA Forums - Banner

Patch 1.06 now live

2Next

Replies

• Ya but they could just charge for a yearly DLC of the new roster .
    Then they save on production costs ,packaging ,warehousing, shipping ,etc.
    It is environmentally unfriendly to produce this waste every year ,especially when it is not even a NEW game .
  • I think most of the community would be perfectly fine with a year of fixing all the bugs in the old game before making a new game. Every year there are more and more bugs and the gameplay isn't fixed at all
  • ecactly, They should make s poll about this.I would be fine if they extend the dev cycle by one year and only provide roster and content update when the new season starts in form of dlc.After 2years they would bring a polished quality product with innovations.I am all in.Promlem is this would mean very expensive development costs and admitting they the product has issues.I dont think this will ever happen.
  • I know this probably doesn't matter to most of you, but for my upcoming Franchise Mode, it was nice to see that EA finally added profile pics for players like Keller, McAvoy, and prospects like Elias Pettersson, Rasmus Dahlin, and Andrei Svechnikov.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Wow. Not a single fix in this update LOL. Don't think someone needs a huge table with 36 people sitting around it and asking why sales just keep tanking....

This is how annual releases work. If they constantly work on updates for the current game, the next one won't get done. We all would love to see more gameplay issues resolved, but annual releases take a lot more work than you guys think. New features have to be added or people will just claim it's a roster update. Many here say that it is already. If they spend all year working on updates, there won't be anything actually new for the next game. Sure, it would be great if they moved to a different model that didn't include annual releases, but unless that changes, we have to accept that big code changes aren't going to happen until the next game comes out. Post launch support lasts about 5 months. Then we just have to wait.

Also, patches aren't exactly cheap. This is also why you don't see a lot of them. They work on multiple issues at once to get the most bang for their buck when it comes to releasing patches. Some stuff also can't be fixed when it's possible new features in the next game will break it. Better to get it fixed for the next game so it works with the new features and resolves existing issues.

Patches aren't near as easy as most people here think they should be.

And this is why sports games are literally the only genre that has annual releases. Look at just about every esports title outside of sports titles and they are all a singular release with constant support and updates.

Imo there's no reason other than corporate greed keeping this from being setup in a similar fashion. The devs would be able to do more and the consumers would get a better product. The only ones who might lose a little are the people at the top and shareholders who likely already have enough for "a little" to not matter.

There's a reason most pc games are continuously developed and not released yearly.

Well, most sports have annual seasons so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that.

Yes because before the internet they had to update rosters and things to start each season. It's an outdated business model that shouldn't be in use anymore.

Only reason it still exists is because people still buy it every year and corporate greed. Corporate greed will last forever but that other one is up to us.
  • They weren't prepared for next gen, NHL15 was a disaster, especially given all the nextgen hype. They got the game back on track relatively fast, but the next issue became Frostbite which ate resources for NHL. Now NHL is still stuck on an old engine, facing odd up and down sales since 15, while having to eventually develop an NHL w/frostbite at some point. Hopefully there is a team that has been developing NHL w/frostbite for a while now, otherwise we can expect another NHL15ish release with the new engine, if its coming. They would be better off sticking with the current model rather than jamming to release anothet NHL using frostbite if it hasn't been in development for quite some time.

Like most other games, it takes practice and time to be competitive playing multiplayer and EA has tried too hard to make new and casual gamers competitive online. The end result was the more than casual gamers continually expecting/trying to force their player to do/react to inputs that the animations and logic override in certain situations.

It simply is not fun playing a fast paced game that refuses to accept controller input in several situations.

Its one thing to deal with glitch/cheap/ unrealistic plays and goals, but its a whole new level of **** when input is controlled by animations and predetermined reactions.
  • They weren't prepared for next gen, NHL15 was a disaster, especially given all the nextgen hype. They got the game back on track relatively fast, but the next issue became Frostbite which ate resources for NHL. Now NHL is still stuck on an old engine, facing odd up and down sales since 15, while having to eventually develop an NHL w/frostbite at some point. Hopefully there is a team that has been developing NHL w/frostbite for a while now, otherwise we can expect another NHL15ish release with the new engine, if its coming. They would be better off sticking with the current model rather than jamming to release anothet NHL using frostbite if it hasn't been in development for quite some time.

Like most other games, it takes practice and time to be competitive playing multiplayer and EA has tried too hard to make new and casual gamers competitive online. The end result was the more than casual gamers continually expecting/trying to force their player to do/react to inputs that the animations and logic override in certain situations.

It simply is not fun playing a fast paced game that refuses to accept controller input in several situations.

Its one thing to deal with glitch/cheap/ unrealistic plays and goals, but its a whole new level of **** when input is controlled by animations and predetermined reactions.

Well said
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    The whole making it easy for casual players is something that even bothers me. I'm not buying a game to have some little kid who plays like a scrub or who ever to screw me out of a win because EA wants to give them a (handicap!).
    Last time I checked,EA didn't make a bowling game so why do we do a handicap system here?. EA wake up!
    Mayby they ought to put blood back in the game and make it a M for Mature game!.Too many little kids on Team Play are spending the game scrapping off of every faceoff or yelling at everyone to pass the puck so only they get it!.
  • did they ninja do something to goalies again? after the last patch pucks go through goalies pads a lot more along with puck squeezing in through and goalie not fast enough to puck cover. seems like the puck cover animation got slower or something. goalies were perfect before this last patch, but its back to the **** show with terrible slow **** puck cover animation, puck bouncing off equipment in, going straight through pads etc
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    If this game caters so much to casual players then why to the hardcore players think the controls are too hard?
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    If this game caters so much to casual players then why to the hardcore players think the controls are too hard?

Because of inconsistent input delay, due to two coastal hosts.
  • It's not so much they're hard; that would be ok actually. The problem is they're BAD.
  • name23424
    80 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Sinbin wrote: »

Too hard is the wrong word.

Delayed input due to animation. Animation overrides input on a regular basis. I can't explain how many times I don't want to make 3 strides a particular direction and I'm forced to, or how many times down low a pick up results in an automatic spin. You can let go of the controls in situations and your player will react to a pick up.

There are a milliom examples of anitmation overriding input. Its nonsense and was created for visual effect and for new/casual gamers.
  • Don't know if this is related to an update, but haven't played for a few days and last night decided to fire up 15 on old gen. Had to "accept" EA's terms of service. This is normally a dead giveaway that something has changed.

I normally have very good connections to the servers. However, last night, really bad. Aiming my pass at 11 o'clock, pass goes to 1 o'clock. Missing body checks, can't pick up lose pucks as easily as usual and player won't hold on to the puck to save his life. Played 4 games, didn't finish a single one. Quit out of all of them due to shenanigans. All of this was in EASHL.
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Don't know if this is related to an update, but haven't played for a few days and last night decided to fire up 15 on old gen. Had to "accept" EA's terms of service. This is normally a dead giveaway that something has changed.

I normally have very good connections to the servers. However, last night, really bad. Aiming my pass at 11 o'clock, pass goes to 1 o'clock. Missing body checks, can't pick up lose pucks as easily as usual and player won't hold on to the puck to save his life. Played 4 games, didn't finish a single one. Quit out of all of them due to shenanigans. All of this was in EASHL.
    If you’re on PS4, the PSN was spazzing out last night (friends list not loading for example) and it was impacting gameplay. I had ping going into the yellow in club and it played terribly.

• Socair wrote: »
    Don't know if this is related to an update, but haven't played for a few days and last night decided to fire up 15 on old gen. Had to "accept" EA's terms of service. This is normally a dead giveaway that something has changed.

If you’re on PS4, the PSN was spazzing out last night (friends list not loading for example) and it was impacting gameplay. I had ping going into the yellow in club and it played terribly.

It was PS3, but possibly related. I didn't play any other game, so I can't compare or rule anything out.
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Socair wrote: »

It was PS3, but possibly related. I didn't play any other game, so I can't compare or rule anything out.
    Ah my bad, missed you saying 15. Yeah it was all the PSN’s fault.
  • Socair wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »

Ah my bad, missed you saying 15. Yeah it was all the PSN’s fault.

S'all good. No worries.
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I had the accept terms as well a week or so ago on 14. I've had that a few times prior to that in short time span.