jimmo52 wrote: »
But for real, EA NHL is getting worse by the year. It looks beautiful, there are nice dekes, nice implementations, but it is not fun because it became an arcade game, not a simulation game. When it is that easy to poke from any angle, that only means this game is for arcade purpose and not simulation.
Since PUBG gone out, I have only played that game instead of NHL, even though I was a hardcore fan that always reach the top 100 in versus and HUT. But since 1-2 years, I have played less because the connection is not enough constant, stable.
Rabieh wrote: »
disclaimer: I am a top 25 Center in EASHL and my club's record is 88-5, Div 1 titles every season and banners to boot.
I am putting this first and foremost so that I don't recieve the typical "Get Gud scrub" or "you are experiencing this problem because you aren't doing X,Y,Z"
This game has tons of problems that I am surprised EA NHL has refused to fix over the years. I am going to make a list of things that make the game either unenjoyable, unplayable, or game breaking.
1) Servers, or lack-thereof. It's 2018. Players have been howling about their laggy gaming experience since NHL 10. Why do you create a product that sells for $80 every fall and refuse to invest in this game and the state of the network quality. Why is it that some games my A.I is absolutely magnificent in the truest sense of the word, they go into proper positions, they finish my beautiful passes, and they pass back and play properly .... but other times they play like they are blind folded and playing drunk?? Why is it sometimes my guy is quick, fluid, responsive and his shots are accurate but other times my guy feels twice as slow, sluggish, and always second to loose pucks. Input delay is real in this game, and there's absolutely no reason that when I press a command on my controller that it takes 1 second for it to register on my professional gaming monitor. EA, shame on you.
2) players ragging the puck when they go up a goal. Why is this a thing EA? On what PLANET can someone score a goal, and play keep away behind their net until you play aggressive and take a penalty in an attempt to take the puck back. Why do you reward this scummy style of hockey?
3) no incentive to play the game. I have reached level 5 prestige. Won banners. Scored 1000 goals and unlocked all the goal celebrations. Now what? Why would you take away the attribute system and make this game boring after you accomplish these silly, easy tasks?
4) game is unenjoyable, even when winning. I have won 88 games with this club and we've only lost 5. None of the games have been enjoyable. Whether we win 9-0 or 3-0, the game is unfun because it's always the same story: GLITCH GOALS will always prevail. My club plays an honest game, but when you have to defend against division 1 garbage glitch goals every single game, it not only becomes tiresome -- it's boring.
5) we don't care about cosmetics. Do you understand how disheartening it is to not hear anything from EA for months it seems like, and then when we get news of a patch or update it's about an ECHL jersey being added to HUT. Are you actually kidding me? That's your idea of making the game fresh and enjoyable for the fan base? I'm worried that you guys don't even listen to your consumers. We want gameplay improvements. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT AHL ALTERNATE JERSEYS. It is the equivalent of painting a roof on a house that is being held together by string and yarn. Fix the darn foundation of the game before you worry about garnishing the meal. Common sense.
6) Shot glitch and lack of puck pick ups. You have created a game where 1/4 attempts there's a good chance your player will not shoot the puck when you tell him to. How is this ok? This game is very dependant on working your way into position and getting off a good shot. If I can't shoot the puck when I have the odd chance in high level games, what the heck is the point? And puck pick ups. Laughable at this point. EA this is getting embarrassing.
I'm a top player, and I win much more than I lose. I don't like the game, and I don't appreciate the fact that I contact EA support and am required to be a networking engineer just to get the game to function properly even though I'm $80 deep from this game, and easily over $1200 invested in EA since I started playing in the 90's. EA, you need to change your act and you need to change quick.
Look around you. EPIC games, Blizzard, PUBG. These games are spanking you and stealing your playerbase and your potential revenue. These games are not only functional, they are FUN.
Your division is going to get shut down if you keep this up. Hire me. It's clear you folks are struggling and it is what it is. I am bursting at the seams with ideas that can save this franchise. Realistically if my ideas stay true to schedule and resource constraints I can have this franchise turned around for the better in 7-8 months.
EA it's up to you right now. What do you want to do: Evolve or Starve?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.