Replies

• j0rtsu67
    644 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Exactly.

Btw 181 and counting... :dizzy:

[Quoted edited by @EA_Roger ]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • I was going to enter, then played two games and remembered why I don't really bother with it now..passes not going where aimed, ai players over committing, getting tripped and no penalties yet mine take everything, magic pokes from ten feet behind that displace the puck although my opponent skates through everything...ah well, back to Kingdom Come Deliverance, at least it plays like hockey :)
  • EpiCxOwNeD
    638 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Not trying to sound like pessimist, but I hope the top players that are going to play on TV play skill zone so people that are going to watch see what we encounter when we play the game. It isn’t fun playing against 1-4 and skill zone and I guarantee it’s not going to be fun watching either.
  • B_Bunny
    893 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I dont see a rule that discourages player locking. Fyi. Something tells me this is definitely going to be a learn as you go tournament for them.

Not that I think itd happen, but imagine a goalie locker getting a trip.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • Only took me a full day to sign up and register. Couldn't have been more clunky. Also not having rules spelled out nicely isn't encouraging.

It'll also be fun if game day is one of the lovely days where its full of lag.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    If EA wants to be taken seriously, they need to have special & customisable tournaments and cups as a built-in feature. So not only EA but anyone interested can setup and organise one. Preferably for multiple game modes too.

(In addition to fixing gameplay of course.)
  • does this mean the nhl series will be part of esports in the future?
  • Will there be a live stream of the first game/s to watch the disaster unfold in real time?
  • WPGjets wrote: »
    does this mean the nhl series will be part of esports in the future?

This series is nowhere near being ready and good enough for the e-sports world. This will be just a gloried tournament. It’s not e-sports in my opinion until it’s 6 vs 6 human controlled players.
  • wEEman33
    2 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Here's my box score after a frustrating loss:

https://imgur.com/a/n89la

His CPU Cory Schneider saved almost everything, while my CPU Pekka Rinne let in three wacky rebound/deflection goals, including one blocked cross-crease pass that was tipped into the net by my own AI-controlled defenseman.

I agree with what other people in this thread have said that the gameplay in NHL 18's 1 vs. 1 modes is just not good enough to be considered a serious esport. The EASHL's 6 vs. 6 mode would have produced much higher quality gameplay, but I guess setting up that kind of tournament was just too much for EA to handle, since they decided to outsource this tournament to a 3rd party company.
  • The tournament was a good idea. Having FaceIt run the thing was not.

3+ hours waiting for 1 game... and having to forfeit when you've waited to long and real life gets in the way.

So incredibly frustrating. I sure hope the NHL sees what happened and goes back to the drawing board.
  • Also frustrating when you signed up for the first date and learn you're on the second date. Faceit couldn't be any more clunky to use. Lame.
  • My buddy took a loss on game with consistent 500ms+ Lag spikes magically every time he touched the puck...NHL18 is far from being Esports ready and the closest thing they could get to a true ESport would be to make it 6v6 EASHL with rules similar to LG. Unfortunately even for that, the servers are nowhere near consistent enough to provide a true competitive playing field.
  • My buddy took a loss on game with consistent 500ms+ Lag spikes magically every time he touched the puck...NHL18 is far from being Esports ready and the closest thing they could get to a true ESport would be to make it 6v6 EASHL with rules similar to LG. Unfortunately even for that, the servers are nowhere near consistent enough to provide a true competitive playing field.

Why don't other p2p games have lag issues like this on FaceIt?

Why don't other p2p games have lag issues like this on FaceIt?

The example i posted is probably just a bad egg trying to advance in the tourny. My buddy reported it, but had to take the loss and was told that the opponent would be monitored for complaints moving forward. He said he thinks the guy was eventually booted for it, but after the game they played.
  • Anyone play For Honor? They held a big tournament a few months after launch where every single "top" player was using unlock tech and various other cheese moves that was even acknowledged by the winner of the tournament as exploiting. The world seeing this type of play being so vastly different from how the game should be played and the community call out forced Ubi to make some changes to their game...

Hopefully this tournament will have similar results. So I hope they skillzone and cheese the whole time
  • HoodHoppers
    1486 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't know how anybody can honestly have fun playing 1v1 modes in this game. It's so unbelievably frustrating how dependent on a good connection your AI is. My record is now 24-2-1 and it is the absolute worst effing experience I've ever had 1v1 on this game. The wins aren't satisfying.

Actually, I take that back. I've had like 5 satisfying wins. It's when you're playing the absolute trash of the trash in this game and they somehow get a lead due to absolute monstrosities we call some of the goals in this game and you pull out a near victory and the satisfaction comes from having not thrown a controller at your television.

God I hate this game. It's so poorly done. The AI are absolute mental challenges and you can't select which player you want half of the game. Simple passes go way off, players stuck in mud and absolutely nothing is done about it every year we get this game.

I get motivation to hop back onto the game from time to time and literally every time I do it turns into a rant on this forum.

{EA_Lanna: Removed Profanity}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on