EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

HUT is a scam and card ratings mean nothing

2Next

Replies

• Wow these are long posts. Who's reading these
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    You are right trolling posts tend to be much shorter....One or two sentences usually condescending in nature.
    Post edited by jake19ny on
  • This game is for casuals ...EA will manipulate games so EVERYONE has a chance to win. This way they will keep playing and BUYING packs ..smart business strategy but still scummy ... chEAt
  • I don't know about them manipulating games. When I get matched up with a top player I tend to get my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ kicked. I think your connection has a lot to do with it. Plus I think some people think they're better than they are. Not saying any of you! But I do think ratings matter. My best player is my 92 brindamour. And he's my highest rated player.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I agree with you on connection importance. I also agree about skill. I’ve played guys with worse teams than me but they are real good and I rightfully get spanked and vise versa but I also get games wether it’s in my favor or not that feel scripted. Those games where one person scores way to easy on the first few shots. Or those times where you just know the opponent is going to score that no matter how good your playing the puck won’t come off their sticks. It’s those times I complain ratings seem meaningless. I’m not sure games are manipulated but those events make people think that. I just think it’s a very flawed game that can be fun at times but often frustrates and makes you nuts.
    Post edited by jake19ny on
  • Overal ratings does matter.
    There is a thing that should think. If someone roster lets say that Laine or Matthews is brightest star, does not mean that those are good for you or me. Have to find players that fit to your hand and playing style.
    Have to make line changes, tactical changes and so one. Off course if you are top100 player your skills are so high level that it doesnt matter what players you have in roster.
    My biggest consern is lag. And that is all about EA, not most of the players own connection
  • CaptObvious75
    13 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I agree that there are some major inconsistencies with this game. The idea that a defenseman can skate around the puck and completely forget to pick it up is inexcusable. Or when the faceoff messes up and all my players are literally locked and I can't move them. Or when the poke check button magically no longer works. Or when your player does this weird side step thing at the slowest casual speed which basically screams "come hit me." Or when you are skating forward and attempt a slap shot, to only miss with the puck veering elsewhere.

On top of all of this, there is the lag which I have to somehow plan ahead for, and ultimately costs me games. It's weird how some games are dreadful and others are almost normal. Makes me happy knowing I don't spend hardly any money on packs to support EA and their inability or want to fix these inconsistencies.
  • HUT IS A SCAM YOU PAY FOR PACKS YOU BOOST YOUR MOMENTUM
    ALSO SOME PLAYERS ARE ACTUALLY SPONSERED BY EA.
    Funny how a dream vision 9 team always gets matched against division 1 or 2 or 3
    Yeah this is why Lemieux and Gretzky do not allow ea to use their images or names .
    They don’t support poor sportsmanship and HUT promotes unfair play .

For me I just glitch the game it simple to do the pause timeout quit game glitch and it also destroys the other teams game to game momentum .
    Anyone who disagrees is just a looser troll trying to pretend they know how to play hockey

Further to the matter is the shorty glitch goals ea could care less about you that A why they use over seas call centres and ended the phone lines

In short anyone whom disagrees that hut is majorly flawed is a troll who couldn’t lace a pair of skates never mind skate
  • So I actually took the time to read through each post, I am so bored right now at work....And here are my thoughts on the issue, I have been playing since the series came out and this is the first year I spent real money as it felt in previous years I would always end up in D1-D3 but couldn't stay high as I didn't have the high end players, so i tried something new this year.

1. I will not spend real money next year due to what has happened this year. I am a decent payer again this year, D1-D3 back and forth about 500 or so games so I am confident in my abilities in the game. The ratings are flawed in On-line play. when D-man has to turn around to catch a streaking Kuchy or Mcdavid and still catches them its just not realistic, and it needs to be addressed, as they can't catch them in off-line or challenge play.
    2. There are issues with match-ups and speed issues. I have no issue getting my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ kicked by someone better than me, what I do have issues with is the glitchy wins, and yes I have been on both sides of them all year long, this morning I lost 9-5, the oppenent had 13 shots on Legend Broduer and scored 9 goals, I had 36 and scored 5 on Ruby Vals. Both numbers are way too high. I dominated the entire game and it felt like every shot on net went in for him. These are problems with the game.
    3. Player and game speed, huge issue this year, form the sprint just not working to the game "picking" which team should be faster, its not OK and causes all the rage quits. We all have those games shere 3-4 m inutes in you know that the rink is tilted towards one team or the other. Just stop this behavior or if you have to do it then put in the mercy rule as is doens't kick in until one team is down by 7 goals, like beer league, the clock starts to have running time when a team is down by 7..

EA as a big fan of your company and games please address this or let the public know what the plan is for next year, and also how about posting the drop ratio for packs...give the consumer a fair idea??
  • It doesnt matter if you dont spend a dime or 10,000. Theres way to manipulate the game and some have mastered it. You don;t need an elite team to win, you just need to know how to work the programming of the game. Player stats and synergies have little to do with how your team performs. EA targets people with addictive personalities, I was one of them up until '17 who would spend a few hundred dollars opening packs getting ahead of everyone, hustling the market and building an elite to team to get absolutely burried night after night but someone who knows how to work the game with mediocres. Game will never change, they admit it because most of their efforts go to Fifa and then Madden. Hook, line and sinker!
  • I agree 100% with the last post. The better players I get on my team and more synergies I activate my team plays worse and I lose more. It is so frustrating bc I love the game and it is fun making your own team and trying to get them to play great together but it just doesn't matter what you do to your team. It's all about AI.
  • HUT was more fun when it was first introduced, they've always had momentum generators... but theyve messed with it too much to take all fun out of it. I cant remember the last time i played a game over the past 2 years where i messaged my opponent over a fair/close game. actually i do, it was '16, i added them up and we keep in touch every now and then. all sportsmanship has been taken out of hut and brought out nothing but the worst in people. any decent player who played this because it was fun have left to other games or modes or to another game.

I really want to play this game but its not even enjoyable anymore. My friend an I use to play heads up on hut 3-4 times a week and then all of a sudden every game was a landslide, not even trying. maybe next year right? lol
  • plantnap81
    49 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Remember when HUT first came out and you would actually have to build a team that resembled a real NHL team. That is when it was best IMO. You actually had to create great chemistry between your lines and play actual hockey the way the game is supposed to be played not just learn how to control the AI.
  • plantnap81 wrote: »
    Remember when HUT first came out and you would actually have to build a team that resembled a real NHL team. That is when it was best IMO. You actually had to create great chemistry between your lines and play actual hockey the way the game is supposed to be played not just learn how to control the AI.

I remember I would love that. Come on EA come out with an old school version. I would pay for that. Thus is all glitz and glamour to attract noobs.
  • Shawn96
    103 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    It's true tho that card rating doesn't mean much I can win just as much games with a mostly IPOTG line-up than a 95 overall lineup... Let me tell you my IPOTG team is much faster even if their shooting and defensive ability are worst.

At the end of the day I can win with both line up but I feel more lucky with my 4 stars team.
  • plantnap81 wrote: »

You mean when it was ridiculously easy to boost an entire team of CHLers to be 99ov?