EA Forums - Banner

March 20th Patch Notes

NHL 18 Patch 1.07 - (Available March 20th, 2018)

Various bug fixes, tuning, and improvements

Vague to the point of being worthless.

Can we get the actual patch notes please?

Replies

• Yes, want specifics please.
  • They never tell us what they are patching anymore it's patheitc
  • mikeq67
    141 posts Member
    Its for HUT, its always for HUT, they only care about HUT.
  • mikeq67 wrote: »
    Its for HUT, its always for HUT, they only care about HUT.

There is HUT changes, yes. However, above the HUT notes, there is this mention:

Can anyone elaborate on this? @roger?
  • RSall14
    613 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    How do they expect to get feedback on these "Various bug fixes, tuning, and improvements" when they don't tell us anything about them? Enough is enough, we need lists of all the bug fixes, tuning, and improvements you guys make. Why do you guys feel the need to not give us this information? COD, MH:World, Street Fighter 5, Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne, Rocket League etc. All these games and many more put out a full list of changes and fixes to the games, why is it so hard for you guys to do this? @EA_Roger @NHLDev
  • mhandymanb
    408 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Well it’s only for HUT as in the pinned post at the top of the forums.

I agree with others though that it should be mandatory that EA provides detailed information about any patches/tuners made to the game.

At least I have the option to “skip” this patch/tuner since I only play EASHL. Edit, nope! Now it states:

“You will not be able to use the online features in NHL18 unless the game update is installed.”

Furthermore, why can’t I “unpin” the HUT mode on my main screen. :smirk: I don’t even want to see that crap mode on my screen.
    Post edited by mhandymanb on
  • cogsx86
    787 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    NHL 18 Patch 1.07 - (Available March 20th, 2018)

wuhwhat.gif
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Any fixes for sloppy eashl
  • Has anybody noticed that chopping the puck is inconsistent now? There was literally a whole night I thought my R3 was broken, but it worked flawlessly in another game.
  • mhandymanb
    408 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Any fixes for sloppy eashl

Not sure now if I’m allowed to answer your question but the answer is no.

• EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    Unfortunately we don't have any more details than what is shared within the patch notes posted. We share as much information as we can on these patch notes and if there is any major changes or fixes implemented we would be sure to make you aware as we did previously.
  • EA_Roger wrote: »
    Unfortunately we don't have any more details than what is shared within the patch notes posted. We share as much information as we can on these patch notes and if there is any major changes or fixes implemented we would be sure to make you aware as we did previously.

I would imagine someone in the development team will provide details within the next few days?
  • RSall14
    613 posts Member
    EA_Roger wrote: »

I would imagine someone in the development team will provide details within the next few days?

Nope, they aren't going to elaborate on "Various bug fixes, tuning, and improvements".
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    EA_Roger wrote: »

Nope, they aren't going to elaborate on "Various bug fixes, tuning, and improvements".

Yep. If it was something worth elaborating on we would see it done, just like in the past.
  • If they tell us what they try to fix then we will know they weren't able to.
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    The HUT notes that were added afterwards were the elaboration. From my understanding, the Comms team didn't have the confirmation on the detailed notes from the online team when the patch went live. The second update to the notes added those details.

There were no other fixes as far as I am aware. No changes were made to Gameplay in this update.
  • RSall14
    613 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    NHLDev wrote: »
    The HUT notes that were added afterwards were the elaboration. From my understanding, the Comms team didn't have the confirmation on the detailed notes from the online team when the patch went live. The second update to the notes added those details.

There were no other fixes as far as I am aware. No changes were made to Gameplay in this update.

Thanks for the response.