EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

The trap need to be band from NHL 19

The trap needs to go EA Sports I am tired of playing people that don't know how to grasp the fundamentals of hockey, the Trap is boring it slows the game down makes it a slow pace game

I think EA Sports should scrap the Trap, next hockey game NHL 19 take the Trap away because if the Trap is gone then nobody
would be able to play because the truth is any body that plays the Trap does not know how to play offensely or know how to play NHL 18 offensively or know how to play the game

the
trap needs to be scrap from NHL 19 and the trap should never be in this game ever again it is a boring way to play hockey

The trap was never in NHL 14 13 12 + 11 09 08 07 the Trap was made in NHL 15 NHL 16 and NHL 17 NHL 18 and I think the Trap should be scrap so people can have a fair chance

Replies

• Shawn96
    102 posts Member
    The problem is that if you don't play the trap you will allow 4-5 goals + by game against anybody that is decent.
  • These strategies havnt changed since NHL10. I still cant believe they don't have the 1-3-1 as a PP option when it is the most common PP setup in the NHL.
  • You have to play the trap in this game, only way to win, as boring as it is, every single other person does it
  • How do you play the Trap, I've tried every possible slider and all my team does is skate up the ice while the other team is in possession of the puck leaving them with a 2 on none!
    HUT = Kickass Gaming
    PSN = MastaDamage
  • How do you play the Trap, I've tried every possible slider and all my team does is skate up the ice while the other team is in possession of the puck leaving them with a 2 on none!

And that’s exactly why people play the trap lol. Set your defense strategy to 1-4 to play the trap.
  • verrette99 wrote: »
    How do you play the Trap, I've tried every possible slider and all my team does is skate up the ice while the other team is in possession of the puck leaving them with a 2 on none!

And that’s exactly why people play the trap lol. Set your defense strategy to 1-4 to play the trap.

Yeah its a bummer but the complete truth. The AI doesn't react the way it should on 9 out of 10 breakouts so I have even retreated to the trap style of play this year. With all the speed/connection issues it seems to be the only way to not get jokingly burned every play.