EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Remove HUT position lock

silver_skates13
1 posts Member
edited April 2018
It's annoying playing against computer in a mode meant for PvP. I have had people position lock and put the controller down and their AI win for them... And I know I'm not the only one who can't get around the AI or stop them on defense I like to think I'm a good player and have never had a problem with AI in previous games.. So position lock should go or AI should get a nerf..

Replies

• SpillGal
    335 posts Member
    I agree with you. There's not much fun in playing a goalie ❤️❤️❤️❤️ locker.
    Last time I did, he had to touch his controller a whopping seven times during the whole match. Now, where's the fun in that?
    While AI passing and reaction times (they mirror every move you make), is considerably better than any human I have ever played, I don't know about nerfing them as a whole, though.
    When my AI is in my own net while the guy he should've been covering is making sure the puck ends up in there with him, nerfing is not the first word that springs to mind. (For some reason, they don't do that when you play against them ...)
    Tone down AI's passing abilities together with their reaction times and it would feel more "natural" to play a ❤️❤️❤️❤️. locker. Even better, remove ❤️❤️❤️❤️. lock from any "competitive" mode. The AI doesn't seem to be that good whenever they have a free-roaming human amongst them.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    You can see when someone position locks and back out before the puck drops so you don't take a loss. This is visible in the matchmaking screen.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    You can see when someone position locks and back out before the puck drops so you don't take a loss. This is visible in the matchmaking screen.
    This is true, but it's still not as visible as it could be. I'm sure most people who play 1v1 modes regularly have still accidentally faced a position locker at least once. Instead of defending your employer at every possible chance you get, how about acknowledge this still isn't as good as it could be. It still happens accidentally, so how about make it even more visible? How about completely take care of the issue and give people an option to never match with a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ locker?
  • Workin_OT wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    This is true, but it's still not as visible as it could be. I'm sure most people who play 1v1 modes regularly have still accidentally faced a position locker at least once. Instead of defending your employer at every possible chance you get, how about acknowledge this still isn't as good as it could be. It still happens accidentally, so how about make it even more visible? How about completely take care of the issue and give people an option to never match with a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ locker?

It wouldn't hurt to draw attention to the fact that somebody is locking. They could maybe show the locked position in very large red flashing lettering so it's obvious to anybody glancing at the screen.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Workin_OT wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »

Uh. Ok. I don't see how I'm defending EA just because I point out that you can very clearly see when someone is position locked. Not everyone knows it's there, but It's incredibly clear. In the previous years it wasn't quite as visible, but I haven't played a single game against a position locker yet because it blatantly sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I also specifically watch for it. So, maybe because I choose to pay attention, it means I see it and can back out in time. What I would like to see EA change is exactly what you mentioned. Let us have an option to filter out position lockers.
  • A filter would make sure you never had to face those guys and would be very welcome. Still, I think they should remove it from competitive modes as it turns the game into a totally different thing.
    You are working your ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off to try and follow these artificial guys, that all have supervision, not to mention trying to get around them. While he is sipping his bottle watching the show from his crease and ends up way above you in the rankings.
    In my opinion, position locking does not belong in any mode that is named competitive.

There is a trick someone used on me to hide his position lock his controller was grey idk how, but he hid it so I didn't know and the game started before I could even know.
  • Hey no don’t get rid of position lock.

There is a trick someone used on me to hide his position lock his controller was grey idk how, but he hid it so I didn't know and the game started before I could even know.
    Well as has been said, you can see that he is position locked at the matchup screen, but it's alright you didn't know that because it still isn't as noticeable as it could/should be. :relieved:
  • Is there an EASHL server lock?
  • If a guy player locks you should have no issues beating the AI.
    THE...Detriot Frenzy Alumni