EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Punish people who quit drop in!

Prev1
So sick of people who quit drop in because they have no class!

Replies

• BassMan_PC
    352 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I agree, but don't punish guys like me that quit at the beginning of the game after checking the network performance and seeing that EA messed up and put me on the wrong server. Blame EA. This trash matchmaking should have been fixed long ago and we should be able to pick our server/region.

Don't lag me bro!
  • darkryd3r
    100 posts Member
    BassMan_PC is absolutely right. I also prefer to quit when the network performance is too low. No fun to mess around with horrible lags. We should be informed before the game start about the connection quality because it is annoying to quit and restart over and over again.
  • I understand about network performance. I'm talking about people who quit because they are outmatched. Another option is to make the AI incredibly stupid for drop in.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1215 posts Member
    I'd rather reward people for staying, rather than punish people who drop out.
  • jmwalsh8888
    1013 posts Member
    I'd love to hear "good"solutions to this.

Crickets

To solve this problem you need to think outside the box and solve as many of the problems as you can that lead to why people quit. Number 1 reason, drop in is full of trolls and EA encourages it by doing absolutely nothing about it. Number 2 reason, 75% of the players in drop in that are not trolls or just terrible. Need to find a way separate those groups so casual players that has some clue as to what they are doing have a place to turn. Having a real community, things like lobbies will go a long way. Number 3 reason is probably the problems with club that lead so many clubs to instead run drop ins. 5 mins in your club is usually in a route and everyone else quits. Or club is just warming up and realized this is a waste of time and quits.

I'm sure the list could go on and on but the discussion is a waste of time. The number one reasons is by far the biggest reason and it's completely ignored so why would they ever look into fixing anything else.
  • the bigger prob to me is the clown show it is to get a game kicked off.

lobbies anyone?
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I will not be punished for quitting a game when there are trolls, [Content removed by @EA_Roger ] afk's and then the dman who thinks he is the next Ovechkin.

Quit, new game, rinse, repeat.
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Drop Ins need divisions so you can advance out of the scrub/troll division and start enjoying games.
    EASHL player
  • terrypierson
    69 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I will not be punished for quitting a game when there are trolls, [Content removed by @EA_Roger ] , afk's and then the dman who thinks he is the next Ovechkin.

Quit, new game, rinse, repeat.

I feel exactly the same way
  • I quit drop-in if my teammates have no idea how to play and run around like idiots. Punish the idiots.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1215 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    That's just the problem, you quit and you want the 'idiots' to be punished? How do you do that then?

There needs to be some sort of filter to sieve the muck out, and something to reward staying in the game and playing good hockey (not just winning, mind).
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    Drop Ins need divisions so you can advance out of the scrub/troll division and start enjoying games.

I would agree with that, but when you play with horrible players, or the ones that just chase everywhere, like it or not, your CR does take a hit. Would be a long process before this would work as your CR is alot easier to drop than to raise.
  • I see a mention of CR....It shouldn't be based off your W/L. It should be based off how you play in a game, W/L. It's funny...YOu could just get the short end of the stick and get stuck with scrubs and still play the game the right way and produce points. Yet, since you lost, you get the 15-20+ points dropped off your CR.

Vice/Versa...You could be carried in a win and get an increase. Why not measure CR for how you played in the game? They have the grading system? Why doesn't that factor in at all?
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    I see a mention of CR....It shouldn't be based off your W/L. It should be based off how you play in a game, W/L. It's funny...YOu could just get the short end of the stick and get stuck with scrubs and still play the game the right way and produce points. Yet, since you lost, you get the 15-20+ points dropped off your CR.

Vice/Versa...You could be carried in a win and get an increase. Why not measure CR for how you played in the game? They have the grading system? Why doesn't that factor in at all?

I fully agree. It is indeed, a very flawed system that should be improved. Exactly like the coaching feedback as well.... What a mess.
  • RSall14
    552 posts Member
    If they bring back the card system this would help alleviate the problem. Make it 150 games for a legend 3 rather than 300 or 350. People will be forced to play somewhat proper to get their next card. Positioning, team play, and points I believe were the categories, could be wrong as it's been a while.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    RSall14 wrote: »
    If they bring back the card system this would help alleviate the problem. Make it 150 games for a legend 3 rather than 300 or 350. People will be forced to play somewhat proper to get their next card. Positioning, team play, and points I believe were the categories, could be wrong as it's been a while.

Sadly, nothing prevents people from creating another account if all they want to do is troll. And also, on old gen, some really didn't care about reaching L3. All they wanted to do was ruin the game for everyone else. AND, I have seen players who I know were L3, yet their overall was 49, or 60, etc. Some people really don't care about that stuff.
  • RSall14
    552 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    RSall14 wrote: »

Sadly, nothing prevents people from creating another account if all they want to do is troll. And also, on old gen, some really didn't care about reaching L3. All they wanted to do was ruin the game for everyone else. AND, I have seen players who I know were L3, yet their overall was 49, or 60, etc. Some people really don't care about that stuff.

Back then I used to play a ton of drops and it was never this bad. EA needs an in game reporting system. This system can obviously be misused but so can every other game with in game reporting, it's better than nothing. Current gen just magnified the trolls for whatever reason. The removal of the positioning arrow also hurt in my opinion. It helped newcomers and lesser skilled players understand where they should be on the ice in each zone.
  • Socair
    2296 posts Game Changer
    The whole drop in mode needs a revamping. It’s a terrible display of what EASHL is supposed to be and has to be a deterrent to anyone new to the game who may otherwise have taken an interest in club...I know if I recently bought NHL 18 and ventured into drop, after getting the hang of the game, and saw what it’s like I’d never touch the mode again.

I agree it was much better with lobbies; at least that allowed serious people to get together and stay in the same group easily. It surely wouldn’t hurt to make, at the least, a two lobby system of say high CR (700+ perhaps) and a low CR. Some kind of filter like that might help.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • 19KRAKA74
    68 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I see a mention of CR....It shouldn't be based off your W/L. It should be based off how you play in a game, W/L. It's funny...YOu could just get the short end of the stick and get stuck with scrubs and still play the game the right way and produce points. Yet, since you lost, you get the 15-20+ points dropped off your CR.

Well they did have that back in 12-13-14....

It was called playing to get your Legend Card.

Those were the Glory Days of grinding it out to build your player and unlock boosts towards your player.

Also as I mentioned before, I would spend Close to $200 just to unlock the boosts seeing with work / real life commitments I didn’t have time to grind to the Legend Card.

But of course EA then takes that awesome feature out and Gives us “Crap Performance Skating”.

And of Course they take the Private Lobbies out to. Why try to fix something that wasn’t broken and fun to play.

Typical EA Marketing Strategies “Making Promises for a Better Gaming Experience and Failing as Usual.”

[Inappropriate content removed by @EA_Roger ]
  • zingaa1
    406 posts Member
    I quit all the time, I'm not going to waste my time with players that don't have a clue. Can't win a faceoff, chasing the puck, can't pass, can't shoot, out of position all game, just not worth it.