EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 $50 @ Walmart Canada ( DEAL IS OVER)

deadman9999
877 posts Member
edited June 2018
https://www.walmart.ca/search/nhl 19

preorder now and get NHL 19 for $50
Post edited by deadman9999 on

Replies

• leeriehle
    271 posts Member
    After how bad 18 was ,and with no confidence 19 will be better , I doubt I will buy it.
    It is at best a 20 $ DLC.
    Until there is a fresh from scratch game that has no bugs and a stable server this franchise sadly is dead to me.
    And the reason I bought a PS3, then a PS 4 was to play NHL.
    So there goes another player since 2010.
    FIX THE GAME PLEASE !
  • $30 off a pre-order? Has this happened before, or does this signal that EA isnt pushing NHL as a AAA $80 title anymore?
    EASHL player
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    $30 off a pre-order? Has this happened before, or does this signal that EA isnt pushing NHL as a AAA $80 title anymore?

$100 says when the time comes to complete the purchase, Walmart will not honor it at that price. Furthermore, they also state Dec 31st as the release date.

Why would EA lower the game by $30 in the first month?
  • HoodHoppers
    1486 posts Member
    Get it just in time for the holiday sale for Christmas. What a rip off.
  • Dec 31st is just a place holder - same thing on EB.
    EASHL player
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    Dec 31st is just a place holder - same thing on EB.

I know, which just proves that they have no EA confirmation whatsoever.
  • MooseHunter10
    403 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Last year same time:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/107560/canadian-walmart-nhl18-preorder-49-96-now-over-back-to-regular-price/p1

TLDR:
    Sale only lasted a few days, was obviously honoured. Dont bother reading that thread, its needlessly long.
    EASHL player
  • $30 off a pre-order? Has this happened before, or does this signal that EA isnt pushing NHL as a AAA $80 title anymore?

$100 says when the time comes to complete the purchase, Walmart will not honor it at that price. Furthermore, they also state Dec 31st as the release date.

No Walmart will Honor it but besides it's a promotion Walmart has been doing during E3 for the past few years
  • As mentioned above. Walmart, amazon and best buy have been doing games at e3 for around $50 the last few years. This is no different.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    $30 off a pre-order? Has this happened before, or does this signal that EA isnt pushing NHL as a AAA $80 title anymore?

No Walmart will Honor it but besides it's a promotion Walmart has been doing during E3 for the past few years

Then I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.
  • Remember Dec 31st is just a place holder date till EA makes official announcement
  • leeriehle wrote: »
    After how bad 18 was ,and with no confidence 19 will be better , I doubt I will buy it.

so why come to the forums for the game? oh right people like you need attention by complaining about something they claim they won't buy
  • So is this confirmed to be legitimate? I plan on getting this game either way so if I could save 25$ on it that would be great. Also how long will this sale last?
  • So is this confirmed to be legitimate? I plan on getting this game either way so if I could save 25$ on it that would be great. Also how long will this sale last?

Won't last to long just during E3 and yes it's legit

Great! One last thing. When I go to purchase it the estimated delivery is listed for Jan 8th 2019. Is that just because of the placeholder date? If so will they send me a email with an updated estimated delivery or something once the release date is revealed?

Great! One last thing. When I go to purchase it the estimated delivery is listed for Jan 8th 2019. Is that just because of the placeholder date? If so will they send me a email with an updated estimated delivery or something once the release date is revealed?

Just a placeholder date.. Sure you will get an email when it ships