EA Forums - Banner

Single player is the saving grace for this franchise

2Next

Replies

• Tonyfereli
    83 posts Game Changer
    I enjoy my Franchise mode as a simulation type of game. I don't often play against the AI, but the sim aspect is definitely something I like to play. I do enjoy playing through the Arcade threes circuit at a friends house but that's as far as I go for couch co-op and THREES mode.
    Tonyferelli | NHL Gamechanger | twitch.tv/tonyferelli
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    I cant stand playing against the computer offline. Theres nothing organic about playing it. No miscues or mishaps, just many decisions all based on percentages of success.

Got them trapped at your blueline and unable to skate in? They will turn around and try again or dump. Thats fine, but humans will try and force a play to happen, even if its not there. The computer will always take whatever you give.

If you mess with the sliders enough there is some fun in it. I would rather play offline than online. But I hope one day EA can put a massive investment in the AI. Things like making them aware, and the goalies halfway competent would go a long way.

• like all my play on nhl games is against AI (except for when I occasionally play my bro who lives away)... and considering I get nearly a full year of entertainment out of playing the AI... its not nearly as bad as some think
  • The problem with the CPU is every game plays the same. Doesn't matter what team you play, what strategy that team is set to...

What EA really has to do is make teams feel and play authentic. When I play the Sens I really want to play against the neutral zone trap.

Anyone remember when EA added player styles like OFD where Keith for example would pinch up on the play anticipating the turnover which would in some cases put him out of position and lead to a break. I think it was called Anticipation AI?

To add depth to offline play EA seriously needs to bring back player styles to add some authenticity to not only teams but players as well. Guys like Ovie should shoot first and playmakers pass the rock.
  • kezz123
    653 posts Member
    The problem with the CPU is every game plays the same. Doesn't matter what team you play, what strategy that team is set to...

What EA really has to do is make teams feel and play authentic. When I play the Sens I really want to play against the neutral zone trap.

Anyone remember when EA added player styles like OFD where Keith for example would pinch up on the play anticipating the turnover which would in some cases put him out of position and lead to a break. I think it was called Anticipation AI?

To add depth to offline play EA seriously needs to bring back player styles to add some authenticity to not only teams but players as well. Guys like Ovie should shoot first and playmakers pass the rock.

I agree fully and to expand on this it should apply to goalies too. Although these days the goalies use similar styles more and more but some are notoriously weaker on glove side or blocker side...give more rebounds...etc. I would be ok with exaggerating these weaknesses and strengths so that you can somewhat effectively strategize against them. Nowdays, you just always shoot wherever you are more likely to glitch goal as opposed to pick a spot based on logic.
  • leeriehle
    271 posts Member
    There is no saving this game period.
    They need to make a NHL game from scratch and solve the server issues .
    I refuse to waste 1 more penny on garbage anymore.
    19 will just be 18 with some crap added that addresses none of the issues .
  • leeriehle wrote: »
    There is no saving this game period.
    They need to make a NHL game from scratch and solve the server issues .
    I refuse to waste 1 more penny on garbage anymore.
    19 will just be 18 with some crap added that addresses none of the issues .

If that is what you believe then why spend the time posting here? Why concern yourself with posting things that are not constructive. What are your suggestions to make the game better?