EA Forums - Banner

Replies

• Wow........
    Absolutely disgusted after reading this.

Feeling Victimized Anybody?

So in other words buying premium hut cards was pointless to begin with.

Waiting for the “Get Good “ Comments to start rolling out.

• ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Read this:
    Some other non-limiting examples of features of the video game that can be modified, which may or may not be detectable by the user can include providing extra speed to an in-game character, improving throwing accuracy of an in-game character, improving the distance or height that the in-game character can jump, adjusting the responsiveness of controls , and the like. In some cases, the adjustments may additionally or alternatively include reducing the ability of an in-game character rather than improving the ability of the in-game character. For example, the in-game character may be made faster, but have less shooting accuracy.” adusting the responsiveness of controls

It's just incredible how much flak people got when they noticed something off with their games and it turns out there's some truth to it. I'm expecting the trolls to step in here and derail this thread so the moderators have an excuse to lock/delete it.

• But but but wait........ EA has said there is no truth to this.

Still waiting for a EA Dev rep to respond to this insightful article.

Wonder how they’re going to spin this one?
  • ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    They are going to use technicalities or play with words like lawyers or politicians typically do.

"The patent doesn't mention anything about hockey but a different sport therefore NHL isn't affected."

They are more worried about their bigger selling titles like Madden or FIFA over NHL which is probably why the terminology in the patent was more focused on those sports. I really doubt NHL was excluded from this deceptive system.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    18 was the worst I've ever seen in terms of handicapping. I would play the CPU on All-star with my team of bums and Pouliot would get hatties every game with Cam Ward standing on his head but when I have my team Canada HUT team rolling I can't hit the net and Carey Price let's in ever other shot.

Although I liked 18 more than any other NHL game to date, it felt blatantly obvious that something was awry.
  • 18 was the worst I've ever seen in terms of handicapping. I would play the CPU on All-star with my team of bums and Pouliot would get hatties every game with Cam Ward standing on his head but when I have my team Canada HUT team rolling I can't hit the net and Carey Price let's in ever other shot.

Although I liked 18 more than any other NHL game to date, it felt blatantly obvious that something was awry.

oh you should have seen the stuff in Madden.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    19KRAKA74 wrote: »
    Wow........

Did you actually read the article? If so, maybe you missed this:

"While this unfair matchmaking system has not found its way to any game yet, it’s obvious that EA is interested in this, especially since a simulation supported its theoretical results."

The only factual part of this is that DDA is not in any game and it's pure speculation that it will be added. Once again. I have never seen any evidence that NHL is remotely scripted or that there is any form of ice tilt. If you are losing so often that you're blaming the game, it's your own play and the game forcing you to lose.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    But but but wait........ EA has said there is no truth to this.

They did. The community manager responded to it on Reddit.
  • leeriehle
    271 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    That nails the coffin shut for me on EA .
    That article describes how at least 50% of games go.
    Guess I need to find something new.
    Any RPG games any one recommends , about only other games I play other then NH L and GT Sport.
  • Sinbin wrote: »

Sinbin wrote: »
    Wow........

"While this unfair matchmaking system has not found its way to any game yet, it’s obvious that EA is interested in this, especially since a simulation supported its theoretical results."

The only factual part of this is that DDA is not in any game and it's pure speculation that it will be added. Once again. I have never seen any evidence that NHL is remotely scripted or that there is any form of ice tilt. If you are losing so often that you're blaming the game, it's your own play and the game forcing you to lose.

Lol lmfao , here we go with the Spin Doctors.

There is obvious game manipulation happening, and seeing your Pro EA on every comment you post, your response and Defense means nothing to me.

The Game is Flawed and Broken, keep trying to put lipstick on that pig and we still see the broken pig.

• Sinbin
    1331 posts Member

Wow........

There is obvious game manipulation happening, and seeing your Pro EA on every comment you post, your response and Defense means nothing to me.

The Game is Flawed and Broken, keep trying to put lipstick on that pig and we still see the broken pig.

I see everyone else's constant assuming that the game is out to force you to lose. You know who you don't see complaining? The vast majority of the playerbase. Where is there obvious manipulation? Prove to me DDA is in the game since you obviously are absolutely positive. What makes you think it's flawed and broken? I am in no way saying there aren't issues with the game. However, my wins and losses are my own. The game didn't force them to happen because it thinks one person needs the win more than the other. Do you think those guys with amazing records with a ton of wins and few losses got them because the game scripted all their wins?
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    Welcome back Sinbin, we sure missed your thoughtful, unbiased and objective commentary. Where'd you go? Did your duties with EA take you to E3 or something?
  • BoboFloggins
    2170 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    leeriehle wrote: »
    That nails the coffin shut for me on EA .
    That article describes how at least 50% of games go.
    Guess I need to find something new.
    Any RPG games any one recommends , about only other games I play other then NH L and GT Sport.

State of Decay 2 has been a blast for me and muh pals.
  • Sinbin wrote: »

Wow........

I see everyone else's constant assuming that the game is out to force you to lose. You know who you don't see complaining? The vast majority of the playerbase. Where is there obvious manipulation? Prove to me DDA is in the game since you obviously are absolutely positive. What makes you think it's flawed and broken? I am in no way saying there aren't issues with the game. However, my wins and losses are my own. The game didn't force them to happen because it thinks one person needs the win more than the other. Do you think those guys with amazing records with a ton of wins and few losses got them because the game scripted all their wins?

Guys with amazing records manipulate the gameplay, Glitch Goals, Desync Lag Switches, etc. Etc. etc.

Like I said again and will keep saying, your Pro EA Comments and Defense to this Broken and Flawed Game mean nothing to me.

There is a reason my brother Inlaw left EA years ago...... Besides moving to the other side of the world and has a great job in the Tech Industry there, he knew the Game was going downwards,
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member

Wow........

Guys with amazing records manipulate the gameplay, Glitch Goals, Desync Lag Switches, etc. Etc. etc.

Like I said again and will keep saying, your Pro EA Comments and Defense to this Broken and Flawed Game mean nothing to me.

There is a reason my brother Inlaw left EA years ago...... Besides moving to the other side of the world and has a great job in the Tech Industry there, he knew the Game was going downwards,

What glitch goals? Are you talking about the short side shots that go in pretty easy when you don't defend them? Yeah, they're annoying and I hate playing a whole game where all you do is defend that, but then again when that's all they rely on you know what they're going to do every time so it's not that difficult to stop.

I have desynced twice in the couple thousand games I've played. I've disconnected maybe 3 times as well. It's the internet. You're never going to be guaranteed 100% up time. Lag switching... it's very uncommon. Again, something that maybe I've experienced once or twice and it's entirely possible I just needed to restart my network.

Please explain the etc. part. If you can't back up your claims with details, it seems like you're making it up just to join the bandwagon of hate so blatantly on display here. Again, the game has it's issues and some people are good at explaining those. You should be one of them as well if you want to be taken seriously.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    There's no way to physically prove anything exists because I can't access code (even if I did I wouldn't know how to find it) but it was night and day when I would switch from scrubs to stars playing offline HUT vs the same team on the same difficulty. I could literally feel the sluggishness playing with McDavid and Co and it was evident with my GAA/GPG.
  • I wouldn't suggest glitch goals is NOT part of the "scripted" nature of this game. My argument would be, how does my AI's go from swarm hornets around the puck to playing "Marco Polo" staying-away-from-the-puck from one game to the next, using the same settings? How do I go from the ability to move the puck, to not even having the ability to make a simple in my zone pass? Something is going on here and it needs to be addressed.
  • ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited June 2018

You are missing the point entirely. You can try to twist this however you like but I don't think you understand what this system does exactly. I suggest you read it instead of skimming through it.

Do you honestly expect some developer or even the CEO to make some announcement, "Yea, we added a system that changes difficulty on a game-by-game basis to help retain players and prevent rage quitting."

The funny thing is, it's understandable why EA is doing this and it's really simple...Money.
  • I would add, one game feels like "mud in the skates" where every received pass I get this "stunted" feel that it takes a second to move to having the ability to move fluidity.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.