EA Forums - Banner

Okay EA, explain this...

13Next

Replies

• Sinbin wrote: »
    mikeyflex wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »

How aren't you making a simple pass? What is happening when you try to do that? Is it not happening fast enough, is it not connecting? What's going on exactly?

Constantly having forecheckers sticking like glue. Which by the way is completely unrealistic in hockey. The best players in the world can't do this, its simple skating physics, there is a no "human reaction" factor in this game.

Why not just pass then? If someone is using an aggressive forecheck strategy, move the puck. There is a human reaction factor in this game. Your own.

That's my point, the forecheck is so overpowered I can't complete passes, random/blind poke checks always intercept, my players don't move or they are stunted in their movement. This is why people like myself believe in the tilt theory.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    ExSnake01 wrote: »
    RSall14 wrote: »

There's no proof that's even real code. I still wouldn't care if it was in offline modes. You can change the sliders to make the game easier/harder as you wish anyway.

You are subjected to whatever sliders are set as far as competitive online matches go. And I suspect those sliders change throughout the game.

Also there's screenshots.

Yep. I see that now. I still think it warrants more explanation than assuming it's in for online games. I don't care about offline. FIFA wouldn't be the first game by any means to adjust the difficulty to make a game more challenging. If it were in an online mode, that would be terrible. I've never seen anything in NHL online that makes me think sliders are being adjusted in the background to force one team to win over the other.
  • Follisimo
    1006 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    19KRAKA74 wrote: »
    Got a day off tomorrow, so I’m looking forward to blasting 35-40 shots vs my opponents 5-11 shots and having 5 times the TOA compared to my opponents 1-3mins of attack and yet, I will most likely lose in overtime 4-3 or 5-4.

TOA is overrated. Shots count is overrated if you aren't shooting the right shots.
    Post edited by EA_Roger on

• Follisimo wrote: »
    Got a day off tomorrow, so I’m looking forward to blasting 35-40 shots vs my opponents 5-11 shots and having 5 times the TOA compared to my opponents 1-3mins of attack and yet, I will most likely lose in overtime 4-3 or 5-4.

Nah no such thing as Ice Tilt or Game Manipulation happening here.

TOA is overrated. Shots count is overrated if you aren't shooting the right shots.

Not shooting the right shots, or do you mean not Glitch Goal scoring ?

TOA is Overrated, lmfao ya right seeing if this was real hockey, not only would Momentum be on your side, but 98.9% of the time you should be getting the W.
  • Pr0xY00
    156 posts Member
    Ice tilt confirmed :o.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    There are a lot of people who experience this, my last game I was on the winning end of a tilt game. Are all these people making excuses? As for the proof, think about it this way. Why would EA admit to tilting a game in favor of one player over the other when they are selling HUT packs which in theory is suppose to make you a better player. The proof is in the pudding, the links I provided was a study done by EA's own people making the argument that this is a good thing to have in a game, and they've coded it in their game. If this isn't enough evidence for you, content removed by @EA_Roger

HUT packs don't make you a better player though. They get you better players. It still makes no sense because if tilt were in the game and the purpose of it were to sell more packs, only half the people playing would be inclined to get them. You're telling the other half they don't need to. The only thing tilt is good for is having an excuse for your play when you can't be accountable for it. You made mistakes that your opponent capitalized on. That's it. Look at all the real hockey games with lopsided stats. This stuff happens in the real world too.
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member

Nah no such thing as Ice Tilt or Game Manipulation happening here.

No. Sounds like you're just giving your opponent a few good scoring chances they are taking advantage of.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    CrushNHL wrote: »
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Welcome back Sinbin, we sure missed your thoughtful, unbiased and objective commentary. Where'd you go? Did your duties with EA take you to E3 or something?

For the record, he didn’t deny it :wink:

Just took a break from here for a bit.

I can say the same thing about everyone else though. There is a huge amount of bias against EA here. The difference is I base my responses on insight gained from being involved in this industry.

There are a lot of people who experience this, my last game I was on the winning end of a tilt game. Are all these people making excuses? As for the proof, think about it this way. Why would EA admit to tilting a game in favor of one player over the other when they are selling HUT packs which in theory is suppose to make you a better player. The proof is in the pudding, the links I provided was a study done by EA's own people making the argument that this is a good thing to have in a game, and they've coded it in their game. If this isn't enough evidence for you, you my friend are suffering from a case of "EA deranged syndrome."

HUT packs don't make you a better player though. They get you better players. It still makes no sense because if tilt were in the game and the purpose of it were to sell more packs, only half the people playing would be inclined to get them. You're telling the other half they don't need to. The only thing tilt is good for is having an excuse for your play when you can't be accountable for it. You made mistakes that your opponent capitalized on. That's it. Look at all the real hockey games with lopsided stats. This stuff happens in the real world too.

I stated I was on the winning side of tilt, so no I don't agree. Again, I go back to my original argument. Why is it one game my players are swarming around the puck, the next game they skate away from it. One game my skating is fluid, the next game mud in the skates. This has nothing to do with skill, or making mistakes. I feel it in the game play. How do you explain this?
  • Lol. I have a fantastic online vs record. Don't do anything special but play great D and force my opponent into mistakes then capitalize.

Feel free to see how I play if you're on Xbox. Guess the game is really on my side Lol.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Welcome back Sinbin, we sure missed your thoughtful, unbiased and objective commentary. Where'd you go? Did your duties with EA take you to E3 or something?

There are a lot of people who experience this, my last game I was on the winning end of a tilt game. Are all these people making excuses? As for the proof, think about it this way. Why would EA admit to tilting a game in favor of one player over the other when they are selling HUT packs which in theory is suppose to make you a better player. The proof is in the pudding, the links I provided was a study done by EA's own people making the argument that this is a good thing to have in a game, and they've coded it in their game. If this isn't enough evidence for you, you my friend are suffering from a case of "EA deranged syndrome."

I stated I was on the winning side of tilt, so no I don't agree. Again, I go back to my original argument. Why is it one game my players are swarming around the puck, the next game they skate away from it. One game my skating is fluid, the next game mud in the skates. This has nothing to do with skill, or making mistakes. I feel it in the game play. How do you explain this?

So, every time you win it's because the computer thinks you're going to quit playing and not buy any HUT packs so it just scripts the outcome? Every. Single. Game. That's what you believe? That the computer reads your mind and thinks that if it doesn't feed you unfair wins you're going to quit? You'd think if EA could make that kind of AI, they'd be able to get defenders to stop putting the puck in their own net.

As far as your skating goes, I don't know. Mine feels the same every time. Maybe it's your connection, maybe it's confirmation bias. Who knows? There is not one ounce of proof ice tilt is in the game.

So, every time you win it's because the computer thinks you're going to quit playing and not buy any HUT packs so it just scripts the outcome? Every. Single. Game. That's what you believe? That the computer reads your mind and thinks that if it doesn't feed you unfair wins you're going to quit? You'd think if EA could make that kind of AI, they'd be able to get defenders to stop putting the puck in their own net.

As far as your skating goes, I don't know. Mine feels the same every time. Maybe it's your connection, maybe it's confirmation bias. Who knows? There is not one ounce of proof ice tilt is in the game.

There is a entire report/study done on this, what do you mean no proof?
  • EA_Roger
    1482 posts EA Community Manager
    Socair wrote: »
    When a person enjoys the game and claims to not have the same experience please do not attack this person. It works both ways. A counter arguement isn’t reason to laugh at or make fun of them.

If this thread takes a turn for the worse in that regard it will be closed.

This conversation has now been closed & some of the comments removed. I apologize to those who were willing to discuss this in a constructive manner. If you have any questions in regards to moderation here please reach out to me directly.
    Respect others even if they have a different opinion. If you disagree with someone, you are free to do so politely, but please don't make it personal. Respect also means you never harass, embarrass, or threaten other players.

Check out our forum rules: https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/129165/ea-forums-guidelines-rules#latest
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!