EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Trailer reaction

Prev1345678
Honestly i think the game is a joke. I saw an article posted about a few hours ago on twitter basically saying that most of the features shown in the trailer (Outdoor EASHL 3's emphasis, character customization, Legends etc.) and they also alluded to new motion capture feature.

I was even looking at the reaction on Youtube live reaction & Twitter and the general reaction is the same. Who asked for this? Still no Frostbite engine, meanwhile NBA can die for a few years and come back as a series and get frostbite like nothing. I hate to even to use the cliche "NHL 18 2.0" but this just screams it. Very disappointed and honestly I am glad I stopped buying the NHL games, maybe this branch of EA sports will learn sooner or later.

Replies

• kyle9791
    6 posts New member
    You all thought it would be frostbite engine lmao it's the same engine no upgrade.
  • NLucaj31
    153 posts Member
    What the. They showed nothing. I was so happy the whole day and now I’m kinda upset. Oh well, still can’t wait for the game. More features will soon be exposed I’m sure throughout the summer.
  • kyle9791 wrote: »
    You all thought it would be frostbite engine lmao it's the same engine no upgrade.

I literally dont care for legends, Dont care for pond hockey, could've used those resources to do GM connected, Frostbite engine literally anything else but instead we get another Xbox 360 version of NHL
  • kyle9791
    6 posts New member
    kyle9791 wrote: »

I literally dont care for legends, Dont care for pond hockey, could've used those resources to do GM connected, Frostbite engine literally anything else but instead we get another Xbox 360 version of NHL

I rather they focus on single player online on these games is trash.
  • MDubz83
    152 posts Member
    Literally showed NHL 17 with a new pond hockey mode. Didn't show a single thing new, not one thing.
  • the customers need to hold NHL accountable, wouldn't even care if we don't get another NHL game for 5 years if they go under. This is unacceptable.
  • kyle9791
    6 posts New member
    MDubz83 wrote: »
    Literally showed NHL 17 with a new pond hockey mode. Didn't show a single thing new, not one thing.

Except the pond hockey IS new
  • MDubz83
    152 posts Member
    I obviously meant for game play. It's the exact game as NHL 17, when are we going to stop accepting this joke
  • Tonyfereli
    83 posts Game Changer
    There is also a released blog with some more features announced: https://www.easports.com/nhl/features
    Tonyferelli | NHL Gamechanger | twitch.tv/tonyferelli
  • Well they just made a thread called "Gamechanger Post NHL Award Trailer Q&A" and one of the first questions was the skating engine and Frostbite. Thread is gone for some reason.
  • Who the hell cares about pond hockey?!
  • Tonyfereli wrote: »
    There is also a released blog with some more features announced: https://www.easports.com/nhl/features

I saw, new skating mechanics (cause the old one worked soooo well....) legends, pond hockey, and customization. All stuff could care less about
  • Oooh pond hockey and BaP. It's like they go out of their way to avoid remaking GM Connected.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    kyle9791 wrote: »
    MDubz83 wrote: »

Except the pond hockey IS new

That and skating. You guys might want to pay attention to that part. It's only the biggest complaint this community has.
  • Thanks EA for saving me 80$ again this year!! You guys are awesome... at destroying your fan base with the same crap all over again with the BIG addition of pond hockey..Woohooo!!

Why don't you use the resources ($$$) you have to fix what is already broken instead of introducing something new that will probably be broken like the rest ?

I'm baffled at the way we are getting laughed at!!

I guess it's our fault after buying the game for so many years for the lack of anything better...

The world is being run by crooks. I guess this is no different, but hidden in entertainment.

Like it or not, truth hurts!

Enjoy your yearly re-hash guys!! :disappointed:
  • JTechGP
    33 posts Member
    Honestly i think the game is a joke. I saw an article posted about a few hours ago on twitter basically saying that most of the features shown in the trailer (Outdoor EASHL 3's emphasis, character customization, Legends etc.) and they also alluded to new motion capture feature.

I was even looking at the reaction on Youtube live reaction & Twitter and the general reaction is the same. Who asked for this? Still no Frostbite engine, meanwhile NBA can die for a few years and come back as a series and get frostbite like nothing. I hate to even to use the cliche "NHL 18 2.0" but this just screams it. Very disappointed and honestly I am glad I stopped buying the NHL games, maybe this branch of EA sports will learn sooner or later.

NBA isnt getting Frostbite either.
  • JTechGP wrote: »

NBA isnt getting Frostbite either.

they have gameplay for the next NBA live showing the comparisons of Ignite to Frostbite already. NBA live 19 will have frostbite.
  • Tonyfereli
    83 posts Game Changer
    ExSnake01 wrote: »
    Well they just made a thread called "Gamechanger Post NHL Award Trailer Q&A" and one of the first questions was the skating engine and Frostbite. Thread is gone for some reason.

Not sure if I accidentally deleted it or not haha.. But in the case I didn't, I am not sure why it was removed as I was told I was free to talk about the features I played and stuff that was revealed.
    Tonyferelli | NHL Gamechanger | twitch.tv/tonyferelli
  • NHL 19 trailer reaction...

giphy.gif
  • JTechGP
    33 posts Member
    Is it just me or did the graphics and animations look worse than NHL18?

Did they think that the reason nobody liked 3's was that there was just too many players on the ice so they came up with 1's instead?

Leave it up to EA to try and find away to get more microtransactions in the game, that's all these customization features are, straight money grab. Can't even blame the guys that are making the game, because this is something that EA emphasizes across their titles.

EA doesn't care about the fans.