EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

EA, Thanks for doing nothing for BE A PRO again, do you listen to feedback?

Replies

• Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    B-Bunny wrote: »
    I could care less about be a pro. I think updating it is a waste, but I do care about eashl. Ill take a new to the series year old skating engine than the bad 5 year old one we've had that doesnt work well any day. Guess what, people on these forums have also been asking for that for years.

See how your not the only one in the world with an opinion on what should be fixed or updated or added onto?

Of course they listen to feedback, but not everyone is always going to be pleased.

You and possibly other game changers are part of the problem in a sense. You have the attitude that the mode in the game isn't important, so therefore from what I can sense, you make no effort to try to use the influence as little as it may be, to help that mode become better.

I found myself playing some Be A Pro when it was live the life mode late in the PS3 cycle, even if that was all that got added, it would still be a vast improvement.

I say this post as respectfully as I can because I appreciate what you do. But your reply struck a nerve I guess.

Have a good day.

More people play EASHL and HUT than any other mode. There have been a lot more people asking for new skating than BAP updates. It would be great to get a story mode and enhancements to BAP, but you can't say EA isn't listening when they update one thing that people across all modes are asking for. Hopefully BAP gets updated at some point. I'd definitely play it if there were more to it. EA is listening to feedback and making changes that affect as much of the community as possible rather than the small population of people in the lesser played modes. There most likely isn't enough time in a year to satisfy everyone.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    I could care less about be a pro. I think updating it is a waste, but I do care about eashl. Ill take a new to the series year old skating engine than the bad 5 year old one we've had that doesnt work well any day. Guess what, people on these forums have also been asking for that for years.

See how your not the only one in the world with an opinion on what should be fixed or updated or added onto?

Of course they listen to feedback, but not everyone is always going to be pleased.

You and possibly other game changers are part of the problem in a sense. You have the attitude that the mode in the game isn't important, so therefore from what I can sense, you make no effort to try to use the influence as little as it may be, to help that mode become better.

I found myself playing some Be A Pro when it was live the life mode late in the PS3 cycle, even if that was all that got added, it would still be a vast improvement.

I say this post as respectfully as I can because I appreciate what you do. But your reply struck a nerve I guess.

Have a good day.

More people play EASHL and HUT than any other mode. There have been a lot more people asking for new skating than BAP updates. It would be great to get a story mode and enhancements to BAP, but you can't say EA isn't listening when they update one thing that people across all modes are asking for. Hopefully, BAP gets updated at some point. I'd definitely play it if there were more to it. EA is listening to feedback and making changes that affect as much of the community as possible rather than the small population of people in the lesser played modes. There most likely isn't enough time in a year to satisfy everyone.

I am not saying EA isn't listening, I never mention ed that anywhere in my post. Of course, EA is listening. My point was that maybe if the game changers were to point out that BAP needs a little help the development team might make some changes to Be A Pro. And I would argue that Be A Pro is due for an update especially considering it hasn't been touched in four years. There are plenty of people who would love to see some love for BAP going off of the last couple of years.

The GM Connected crowd is just now starting to make a lot of noise before recently they had been pretty quiet. But there have been calls for Be A Pro to be improved throughout the last 2 or 3 years, I have seen it a lot on this forum.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • B-Bunny
    876 posts Game Changer
    They dont need us to tell them be a pro needs an update. They know that. If its not getting attention year after year, theres a reason.
    NHL Gamechanger
    PSN: B-Bunny
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/b_bunny
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »

Have a good day.

More people play EASHL and HUT than any other mode. There have been a lot more people asking for new skating than BAP updates. It would be great to get a story mode and enhancements to BAP, but you can't say EA isn't listening when they update one thing that people across all modes are asking for. Hopefully, BAP gets updated at some point. I'd definitely play it if there were more to it. EA is listening to feedback and making changes that affect as much of the community as possible rather than the small population of people in the lesser played modes. There most likely isn't enough time in a year to satisfy everyone.

I am not saying EA isn't listening, I never mention ed that anywhere in my post. Of course, EA is listening. My point was that maybe if the game changers were to point out that BAP needs a little help the development team might make some changes to Be A Pro. And I would argue that Be A Pro is due for an update especially considering it hasn't been touched in four years. There are plenty of people who would love to see some love for BAP going off of the last couple of years.

The GM Connected crowd is just now starting to make a lot of noise before recently they had been pretty quiet. But there have been calls for Be A Pro to be improved throughout the last 2 or 3 years, I have seen it a lot on this forum.

I was more talking about the title of the thread. Sorry, man. Didn't mean to imply you were saying that.

You have a point, but I believe that the Game Changers were originally put in place to help with EASHL. Regardless, there is a crowd that likes BAP and they should get some love. I can just see why it doesn't when there are issues the bigger part of the community wants to see addressed. It seems the GMC crowd comes out when features get announced to complain it's not back. The rest of the year they're pretty quiet. I know there were some big problems with that mode previously so very few played it. As far as I know that's why there hasn't been a focus on it. That and again, it's a small part of the community so doesn't seem like the best use of precious development time.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    I could care less about be a pro. I think updating it is a waste, but I do care about eashl.

A little disconcerting to see a gamechanger with this outlook as a gamechanger should you not want to see the game improved as a whole not just what your interested in seems a bit self serving and not the kinda attitude that should be involved in the program

The program started out as EASHL only. Since then it has branched out more, and added more members as a result. I'm not going to pretend to not have a bit of a bias though.

I for one appreciate your blatant honesty and share pretty much the same views as you. Be a Pro is a dying mode IMO and focus should be for online modes. I play EASHL only, so it is easy for me to agree with you, but I can see why some prefer offline.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited June 2018

Have a good day.

Bunny is not the problem as a gamechanger, as you try to paint it. He is an EASHL-specific player, therefore his Gamechanger input, and role, revolve around this. That is the reason EA has him there - for EASHL input.

There are other Gamechangers with different roles and interest. That is why they are there.

Bunny was honest is his reply, and yes, maybe a little too blatantly. But it was done in respect, and there are no grey zones. It is clear and concise. It just happens to be his responses are not the ones some want to hear, and quite honestly, that is their issue, not Bunny's.

I have no issue with his replies for the most part, and he doesn't hide behind a mask or try to paint himself as something he isn't. He is fair, period.
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • EA_Roger
    1481 posts EA Community Manager
    If there is anyone to blame for not taking on feedback or for not developing certain game modes it wouldn't be the Gamechangers, it would be us. As much as I would love for us to have a dedicated thread about Bunny I don't think it's what the OP wants.

If this thread is here to showcase the lack of development or absence of a game mode then that's fine, that's valuable feedback to us, which is why I want this to stay on topic & constructive. I'm sorry @lovell2305 if you don't feel that way and given your preferred game modes I understand why. We try to take on board as much feedback as possible but it's nearly impossible to accommodate everyone's input.
  • I wasn't attacking bunny, or the game changers, I just thought they were put in place to look after all of our interests. I didn't know they were put in place primarily to deal with EASHL issues. And that clearly shows. I thought my reply was respectful and well structured to give off on that tone. I was not harassing or putting him down. I just questioned why it didn't seem to matter to him when he is a game changer and I thought they looked after the interests of the community. And Be A Pro has been a question since coming to PS4 and Xbox One. That's all. Again this is nothing personal against Bunny, I respect him.
  • EA_Roger wrote: »
    If there is anyone to blame for not taking on feedback or for not developing certain game modes it wouldn't be the Gamechangers, it would be us. As much as I would love for us to have a dedicated thread about Bunny I don't think it's what the OP wants.

If this thread is here to showcase the lack of development or absence of a game mode then that's fine, that's valuable feedback to us, which is why I want this to stay on topic & constructive. I'm sorry @lovell2305 if you don't feel that way and given your preferred game modes I understand why. We try to take on board as much feedback as possible but it's nearly impossible to accommodate everyone's input.

Then I apologize to @B-Bunny for my comments, it was not an attempt to attack him in any way I just misunderstood the magnitude of their roles. So for that, I am sorry.
  • Sinbin wrote: »

Have a good day.

I was more talking about the title of the thread. Sorry, man. Didn't mean to imply you were saying that.

You have a point, but I believe that the Game Changers were originally put in place to help with EASHL. Regardless, there is a crowd that likes BAP and they should get some love. I can just see why it doesn't when there are issues the bigger part of the community wants to see addressed. It seems the GMC crowd comes out when features get announced to complain it's not back. The rest of the year they're pretty quiet. I know there were some big problems with that mode previously so very few played it. As far as I know that's why there hasn't been a focus on it. That and again, it's a small part of the community so doesn't seem like the best use of precious development time.

And that is fair, I appreciate the response as it was respectful and well thought out. Personally Be A Pro is not a mode I played myself. But it doesn't mean that no one else does nor does it mean that it should be overlooked. There is something for everyone in the game. As a Franchise mode guy, I appreciate the fact that they have added so much to that mode. But if my favorite mode was Be A Pro and I saw all the love Franchise mode was getting, I would be pissed. And I think speaking out for those people is the right thing to do. I wish I came out with a better way of wording it from the beginning. Because it seems like I was misunderstood with the way the replies have been directed towards me which made me feel like I worded it poorly which is never my intent.

• Sinbin
    1331 posts Member

Have a good day.

And that is fair, I appreciate the response as it was respectful and well thought out. Personally Be A Pro is not a mode I played myself. But it doesn't mean that no one else does nor does it mean that it should be overlooked. There is something for everyone in the game. As a Franchise mode guy, I appreciate the fact that they have added so much to that mode. But if my favorite mode was Be A Pro and I saw all the love Franchise mode was getting, I would be pissed. And I think speaking out for those people is the right thing to do. I wish I came out with a better way of wording it from the beginning. Because it seems like I was misunderstood with the way the replies have been directed towards me which made me feel like I worded it poorly which is never my intent.

I think you've more than made up for that. Don't worry about it. I don't see why anyone should have a problem with your last couple of posts :)

Hopefully we'll see some attention to the lesser played modes in the future. They obviously have a very passionate following. I'd probably be one of them if there were more to do in BAP.
  • EA_Lanna
    177 posts EA Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Kudos to you guys. It's great to see members showing understanding and respect for each other. I think that's an excellent note to wrap up the side-discussion on Gamechangers.

Now the topic of this thread is "BE A PRO" mode and feedback like with GM Connected so let's get this discussion back on track. Please look to keep posts from here onwards on the intended discussion if this is a conversation you'd like to have.
  • The argument that "nobody plays BAP so who cares?" is the wrong way to go about it.

TLDR: BAP shares a lot in common with the game modes that are the biggest selling points of this game for a lot of people. Neglecting BAP is bad for the game as a whole.

As far as I am concerned, BAP, has a give and take relationship with both EASHL and Franchise mode, which is why it should be focused on more. Maybe not viewed as the big selling point of the game, but something that helps the game become more well-rounded. Allow me to explain

The first obvious thing is that BAP and EASHL share the experience of playing locked into a specific player on the team, where the focus of the player should be to play the best they can while filling the major role they are assigned on the team (Whether it be scoring, passing, checking, well-rounded, or enforcer) Should the player neglect their responsibilities, they will drag down the rest of their teammates.

Exploits or game breaking glitches found in one mode could theoretically exist in the other as well (when it comes to gameplay, not menu screens, unless we are talking about customization) due to the fact that EASHL plays like an online version of BAP minus the line changes.

One general improvement that should be expected include AI teammate reactions to human inputs. One of the most glaring issues for those who play defense is that if they do not have a human-controlled defensive partner, their AI D will try to cover for them when it believes they are out of position. This affects both modes, as not everyone in EASHL has enough people on to play 6v6 club, or even plays in a 6s league.

In addition, remember that both BAP and EASHL share the teammate grade system. I'm sure most agree that any improvement to it, removal of glitches and generally better parameters to either increase or decrease a grade, would do wonders for helping police the online community of EASHL. Trolling can be curbed, and those who wish to play in a more respectful manner can do so at peace. Isn't this something everyone generally wants?

When it comes to the relationship between BAP and Franchise, literally everything that goes into Franchise mode affects the BAP experience, and vice versa. For example:
    CPU vs CPU team simulation outcomes
    GM AI decision making for drafting
    Signing free agents [ contract salary logic (asking price from the player and the GM's budget usage logic) ]
    Making roster moves when injuries occur, calling up/sending down players, line-change logic
    The determining factors for how a team's roster is built. All of those things affect both modes.

So when we see CPU team GMs in Franchise mode dumping prospects that are almost guaranteed future superstars and replace them with 40 yr old superstars who's stats will plummet soon for no reason at all, guess what...it affects BAP as well. When we see draft logic that's basically nonexistent beyond the point of "pick the best possible player we have scouted, regardless of position", it affects both modes. So on and so forth with everything mentioned above.

In essence, from the player's perspective BAP is basically the game running Franchise mode except you are playing the role of a player and have no team management options available. For some odd reason, BAP excludes team morale and chemistry.

There's tons of more reasons to list, but I think the ones I pointed out should be the easiest to understand for those who may not necessarily play all three modes.
  • EA_Roger wrote: »

I appreciate the response @EA_Roger i just have yet to see a game changer on here for BAP issues i know Bunny is an EASHL and i respect that EASHL is getting updates with his help if we had a game changer for BAP and just an open topic discussion for BAP we might get changes a game should not solely focus on the online aspect and Bunny said there has to be a reason why they don't update BAP so EA should reach out to there community and state why? We shouldn't be left in the dark on issues and issues not being resolved it's hard to have respect for a company that honestly i feel like it doesn't respect its consumers. I like HUT but that can become a cash grab it has single player mode which i like but in BE A PRO i don't have to dig into my wallet. I hope in the next couple months there are some reveals and maybe a couple of new features but it's gonna be a hard game to purchase if nothing has been done to a mode thats been well overdue for an update.
    Detroit, MI GO WINGS

X1

TN: Snipers USA

GT: King Loves23
  • SpillGal
    335 posts Member
    Every time I see these posts about Be a Pro, I put them in the same bag as "Why aren't this game available on PC???" These things are gonna fall into place as soon as this game goes Frostbite... Or am I wrong?

I was under the impression that Frostbite somehow made it easier to reuse some of FIFA's Alex Hunter storyline, and that this would be EA's take on Be a Pro?
    Also, that a PC version would be a lot easier to make whenever Frostbite was chosen as the engine?

Now, I don't play Be a Pro, and maybe a storyline is not what these guys are looking for?
    I am also a bit confused now that EA has chosen the "Real Player Movement". is this a choice that was made as a replacement for Frostbite?

Don't get me wrong. I am not one of the guys that think Frostbite would be the saving grace of this franchise. Actually, I don't think it would do anything, other than give us some nice lighting and shading effects. Still, I am curious as to what may be the way forward for this series...?
  • SpillGal wrote: »
    Every time I see these posts about Be a Pro, I put them in the same bag as "Why aren't this game available on PC???" These things are gonna fall into place as soon as this game goes Frostbite... Or am I wrong?

I was under the impression that Frostbite somehow made it easier to reuse some of FIFA's Alex Hunter storyline, and that this would be EA's take on Be a Pro?
    Also, that a PC version would be a lot easier to make whenever Frostbite was chosen as the engine?

Now, I don't play Be a Pro, and maybe a storyline is not what these guys are looking for?
    I am also a bit confused now that EA has chosen the "Real Player Movement". is this a choice that was made as a replacement for Frostbite?

Don't get me wrong. I am not one of the guys that think Frostbite would be the saving grace of this franchise. Actually, I don't think it would do anything, other than give us some nice lighting and shading effects. Still, I am curious as to what may be the way forward for this series...?

I don't even want a story mode like Alex Hunter and FIFA but they could of easily did a BAP like MLB the show which listens to there consumers about updating it. Some new features would be great for single player modes but like EA stated nobody plays offline thats why there really only adding new features for online modes. I'm not happy but i wasn't able to give my input to how to improve the game with surveys that seems invisible because as a consumer i should be able to submit feedback but idk this is why its frustrating to buy a game which all i know has new legends and pond hockey
    Detroit, MI GO WINGS

X1

TN: Snipers USA

GT: King Loves23
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    More people play EASHL and HUT than any other mode. There have been a lot more people asking for new skating than BAP updates. It would be great to get a story mode and enhancements to BAP, but you can't say EA isn't listening when they update one thing that people across all modes are asking for. Hopefully BAP gets updated at some point. I'd definitely play it if there were more to it. EA is listening to feedback and making changes that affect as much of the community as possible rather than the small population of people in the lesser played modes. There most likely isn't enough time in a year to satisfy everyone.

Show me the statistic about ? This some people here at Forum represent not the main comunity of NHL Hockey. The wishes between Arcade player and real Hockey Freaks are different. Maybe it would be better to load down this game free of charge from Facebook to pay for level after level. Its going in this direction.

[Edited quote formatting by @EA_Roger ]
    Post edited by EA_Roger on
  • JTechGP
    25 posts Member
    In one article I read they said something about Be a Pro being similar to FIFA'd Be a Pro, so I downloaded a trial of FIFA to try it out. The progression in that game is an improvement on what NHL 18 had, but it still has plenty of issues. They way you level up your ratings is by completing in game challenges, for example make 10 short passes to +1 to short passing. I don't mind this approach I just think that as you get to a higher level you might end up trying to do things that aren't really hockey based just to try and get another +1 to a skill rating.

I suggest EA go and play MLB The Show and try The Road, I haven't played in awhile as I don't have a PS anymore, but in that game mode you earned XP by playing the game and you could apply that XP to any skill, if you neglect a skill for too long that rating will start to go down, so you have to pay attention to all your skills. They also have training games every once in awhile to earn extra XP, things like fielding training, stealing bases training and batting training.

If they could do things like that for Be a Pro it would add a lot to that mode. Even being able to do shooting training, or passing training, be add a bit more fun to the game. I don't need a story mode, though I would be happy to have one, I just want a more fleshed out Be a Pro experience.

Years ago I played EASHL the first year it came out, and it was fun for awhile, but then I had a really bad experience and haven't touched it since and have little to no desire to play it. I realize that everyone has there thing that they like with the NHL series, I just wish the modes that I like would get some attention, because they have been bad for a long time now.
  • OMG.... :D

EA just released a short trailer that shows a bit of the new skating engine and pond hockey and you all go off on your high horses freaking out that this or that is not in the game..... In case none of you have noticed, skating is used in all the game modes, so yea, I think it is a major improvement if it works as advertised.

Relax and wait until the full feature list is released, then complain if there is missing something you want. :*
  • JTechGP
    25 posts Member
    OMG.... :D

EA just released a short trailer that shows a bit of the new skating engine and pond hockey and you all go off on your high horses freaking out that this or that is not in the game..... In case none of you have noticed, skating is used in all the game modes, so yea, I think it is a major improvement if it works as advertised.

Relax and wait until the full feature list is released, then complain if there is missing something you want. :*

I forget which article it was but one of the articles that came out right after the trailer was released stated that there wasn't any major changes to the Be a Pro mode. Yeah they updated the skating, but that wasn't the major issue with Be a Pro, things like progression and training were much bigger issues. So if they don't fix those issues, improved skating doesn't mean anything because I won't want to play the game.