EA Forums - Banner

Is there regular drop-in 6's in NHL 19?

124Next

Replies

• B-Bunny wrote: »
    Everythings outdoors except official eashl club games. And everything outdoors is wearing casual gear.

If there is a beta, im sure ea will have this on their radar and make the necessary adjustments if needed.

Is that clear enough lol

So you are saying we will be racing zambonies on an outdoor rink with international jerseys??

:wink:
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Oh my freaking lord....

What is this "competitive dropin" junk I see mentioned in here? Is this even serious? Dropins are casual games while hoping you have a chance to win with a bunch of randoms. Or, it's 6 friends hooking up before a lobby to go seal clubbing other random users.

Secondly, who cares which arena you play in, and that you don't have matching jerseys and purses and high heels? You think it doesn't get old playing in MSG, or any other arena for that matter? News flash, they get old before the 4th game played in the arenas. EASHL dropins always had that 1 single generic arena, yet I don't remember mobs of angry users crying that they needed more arenas. Now we do get more than 1, so what's the problem here? In the end, gameplay and playing is what matters. Who cares if it's in a Ducks uniform or a lumberjack hoodie....

For those of you , that for some reason, cannot play a dropin with a jacket and track pants, then go play club. There are hundreds of public clubs that you can join and leave as easily as you wish. Should fix those issues some of you have with "competitive dropins".

People have been crying to kill TPS, add more customization, and bring back old player creation or at least tailor the preset classes. Funny thing is, EA has done every single thing, except bringing back the old custom player builds. And yet, all I see so far is a bunch of whiners, and all that from a teaser trailer.

At least wait until all info is released, then we can talk. All it is is supposition and useless bickering at this point in time.

Seriously, enough with the **** about going to play club. I am already on a club. Club play is not always an option. Public clubs is not a good option either as it would take forever to find out which clubs are actively playing and joining and then hoping to get a position.

Drop-in is all about flexibility and accessibility. It should be quick to get into a game and it should be as competitive as possible. I have been matched up against 800+ CR guys many times for competitive games. It is not always noobs and scrubs.

People like the current format with the arena atmosphere and team uniforms. Myself and many others will not like the clown gear and outdoor rink. Gamechangers have already confirmed that drop-ins will take place outdoors with clown gear. So, we are not just going off of the trailer and complaining about nothing.

for those that cannot stand clown gear, then you will see alot more active clubs.

you either will buy it or you won't. Simple as that really. Plus, you do not know how this will work, or how it is implemented.

So, let's say there are more active clubs. That is great, but what if my club mates are not on? I still want to play and I turn to drop-in. I don't want to play with clown gear or outdoors though. So, now I am not able to play the game the way I want. EA has now forced a gimmick on me that I did not want or ask for. That is terrible game design.

Please look at the big picture and consider how others play the game. While these changes may not bother you, they do affect others in a negative way.
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Oh my freaking lord....

What is this "competitive dropin" junk I see mentioned in here? Is this even serious? Dropins are casual games while hoping you have a chance to win with a bunch of randoms. Or, it's 6 friends hooking up before a lobby to go seal clubbing other random users.

Secondly, who cares which arena you play in, and that you don't have matching jerseys and purses and high heels? You think it doesn't get old playing in MSG, or any other arena for that matter? News flash, they get old before the 4th game played in the arenas. EASHL dropins always had that 1 single generic arena, yet I don't remember mobs of angry users crying that they needed more arenas. Now we do get more than 1, so what's the problem here? In the end, gameplay and playing is what matters. Who cares if it's in a Ducks uniform or a lumberjack hoodie....

For those of you , that for some reason, cannot play a dropin with a jacket and track pants, then go play club. There are hundreds of public clubs that you can join and leave as easily as you wish. Should fix those issues some of you have with "competitive dropins".

People have been crying to kill TPS, add more customization, and bring back old player creation or at least tailor the preset classes. Funny thing is, EA has done every single thing, except bringing back the old custom player builds. And yet, all I see so far is a bunch of whiners, and all that from a teaser trailer.

At least wait until all info is released, then we can talk. All it is is supposition and useless bickering at this point in time.

Seriously, enough with the **** about going to play club. I am already on a club. Club play is not always an option. Public clubs is not a good option either as it would take forever to find out which clubs are actively playing and joining and then hoping to get a position.

Drop-in is all about flexibility and accessibility. It should be quick to get into a game and it should be as competitive as possible. I have been matched up against 800+ CR guys many times for competitive games. It is not always noobs and scrubs.

People like the current format with the arena atmosphere and team uniforms. Myself and many others will not like the clown gear and outdoor rink. Gamechangers have already confirmed that drop-ins will take place outdoors with clown gear. So, we are not just going off of the trailer and complaining about nothing.

for those that cannot stand clown gear, then you will see alot more active clubs.

you either will buy it or you won't. Simple as that really. Plus, you do not know how this will work, or how it is implemented.

So, let's say there are more active clubs. That is great, but what if my club mates are not on? I still want to play and I turn to drop-in. I don't want to play with clown gear or outdoors though. So, now I am not able to play the game the way I want. EA has now forced a gimmick on me that I did not want or ask for. That is terrible game design.

Please look at the big picture and consider how others play the game. While these changes may not bother you, they do affect others in a negative way.

I see your point. But like I said, let's wait and see how this plays out before judging. All you have is a generic picture right now. When more details are revealed, the views may change. For all we know, maybe there will be a club dropin or whatever.
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Oh my freaking lord....

I see your point. But like I said, let's wait and see how this plays out before judging. All you have is a generic picture right now. When more details are revealed, the views may change. For all we know, maybe there will be a club dropin or whatever.

It is all about generating awareness and hopefully EA makes the right decision to accommodate the needs/desires of the community.

• for those that cannot stand clown gear, then you will see alot more active clubs.

In a perfect world you are right. But if the community doesn't grow and stays as it is this year or gets worse finding a 4-5-6's club game can take 30+ minutes. Our club usually tries 3 searches of a game and then goes to drop in. We are usually 4-6 and generally only play club if we are 4+. Here is what happens more often than not
    1- Search and find 2's (this happens the most)
    2- Search find a game and see east coast game...we leave to avoid lag plagued game
    3- Search and find no results
    4- Search and find a game.

The average night we find 1 game to play and then decide to stop wasting time and go to drop in. So if more people buy the game this year, and many non-casuals want real jerseys then yes you are right we are likely to see more clubs. That is a couple of big ifs and we haven't even talked about the times your club mates are not on.

Bottom line is drop-ins can and the aim should be as competitive as possible. They will never be as competitive as a full 6s club game or a league game but doesn't mean it has to be full casual.

• Have all these people who have such a difficult time finding club games tried expanding their friends lists. R/EASHL? Branching off to other LFGs to find some players to add to their friends list? I try not to plug joining a league, but they’re a real way to expand your friends list with people who want to play 6s who are active. My club used to have 10-12 people who were on all the time. Over the years it’s dwindeled down to 3 of us who play regularly 4-5 nights a week.

But we have met many, many players over the years who come and go. We have different discord servers we are all in to allow us to fill slots to play club. It’s 100000000x better than just being mad about the state of drop-ins
  • Have all these people who have such a difficult time finding club games tried expanding their friends lists. R/EASHL? Branching off to other LFGs to find some players to add to their friends list? I try not to plug joining a league, but they’re a real way to expand your friends list with people who want to play 6s who are active. My club used to have 10-12 people who were on all the time. Over the years it’s dwindeled down to 3 of us who play regularly 4-5 nights a week.

But we have met many, many players over the years who come and go. We have different discord servers we are all in to allow us to fill slots to play club. It’s 100000000x better than just being mad about the state of drop-ins

For our club its not a lack of friends on at the same time (although lately it has been harder). Its finding another team of 4+ in club. Maybe its the matchmaking system or just lack of clubs playing. We are also on ps4 which I hear is a smaller community. Like someone mentioned above, we just message each other to see if anyone is playing and usually withing an hour or so we have 5-7 people ready to play. We could split and play each other or try a 6s club. That usually fails for us. We get matched vs 2s sooooo often.
  • rcompton78 wrote: »

In a perfect world you are right. But if the community doesn't grow and stays as it is this year or gets worse finding a 4-5-6's club game can take 30+ minutes. Our club usually tries 3 searches of a game and then goes to drop in. We are usually 4-6 and generally only play club if we are 4+. Here is what happens more often than not
    1- Search and find 2's (this happens the most)
    2- Search find a game and see east coast game...we leave to avoid lag plagued game
    3- Search and find no results
    4- Search and find a game.

The average night we find 1 game to play and then decide to stop wasting time and go to drop in. So if more people buy the game this year, and many non-casuals want real jerseys then yes you are right we are likely to see more clubs. That is a couple of big ifs and we haven't even talked about the times your club mates are not on.

Bottom line is drop-ins can and the aim should be as competitive as possible. They will never be as competitive as a full 6s club game or a league game but doesn't mean it has to be full casual.

I completely understand. However, people are acting as if dropins will no longer exist. They will still be there, but not in an arena and not with matching unis per team. The mode and gameplay are still there. The player mentality will not change, trolls will still do their thing, D will play as forwards and forwards will cherry pick while crying the D and goalie are terrible.
  • RayFinkle1515
    352 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Asking a legit question again...

Will Drop-ins on the pond rinks have glass on the boards? I know the trailer showed the pond rinks without glass, and I know most of the pond rink footage was the 1v1v1 mode. I think if Drop-ins dont have glass around the boards it'll be a big mistake
  • Socair
    2795 posts Game Changer

Will Drop-ins on the pond rinks have glass on the boards? I know the trailer showed the pond rinks without glass, and I know most of the pond rink footage was the 1v1v1 mode. I think if Drop-ins dont have glass around the boards it'll be a big mistake
    Good question. I’d imagine that the 3’s/6’s drop in rink will be it’s own varient with glass and more stands. Or maybe it’ll be similar to the Ones chalet “top tier” pond, with the night setting.
  • Socair wrote: »

Good question. I’d imagine that the 3’s/6’s drop in rink will be it’s own varient with glass and more stands. Or maybe it’ll be similar to the Ones chalet “top tier” pond, with the night setting.

oooohhh..... Are there any scented candles on the bench, or maybe some sexy ambient lighting? Bonding is a big part of a team's success ya know... :tongue:
  • I only play drop in games. When I get done work, I just hop in play a few games and go back to
    my real life. I don't play club games because I never know when I'll be available when the others are.
    Also... EA Sports "used" to be known for their games to resemble the pro experience. Pond hockey is not authentic for me. Where I live... we couldn't play on a pond growing up. I played in indoor roller leagues and my high school ice hockey team. We didn't wear clown gear. So this gimmick thing that EA I trying to force on me is HORRIBLE.
    I understand that some will like the outdoor rinks and clown outfits. That's fine... but I don't want it that way.
    The easy solution is to leave the old way for drop ins like NHL 18 AND just add the new way too. Let the players decide how they want to play. Or does that make too much sense? Subtracting features that people like... is just plain dumb!

"EA SPORTS, IT USED TO BE IN THE GAME" ←should be their new slogan
  • SahioX
    101 posts Member
    Drop-in should NOT be casual.

I play lots of actual picks, with or without refs, indoor, and trust me, there is NO HOODIES on the ice.

Yea, you could have some mismatching jerseys (maybe 4 out of 22 players), especially goaltenders, with a variant of colors or teams, but usually, it is white/light vs colors.

Now the brown/gray/black parkas are so similar depending on the distance, tv, settings, etc. that it is confusing.

Why would approx. 1000 AI crowd be watching that kind of game?!

Bring Regular Drop-ins back!
  • I agree with every comment Bassman made. I like the regular drop in but feeling like in an actual real professional team inside a pro rink. The outdoor shinny concept is ok if as an option but not when shoved down my throat without what I was used to in nhl18. I don’t have enough time to play club all the time but would like to simply drop in like I could in 18. EA Sports screwed up big time. And in 19, it doesn’t give the option of continuing with the same group of drop in guys into the next game which was awesome if you actually found people worth playing again with. If not, you could simple find a different dressing room but I haven’t been able to figure out how to do that in 19
  • Vesa35
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    MDRT2012 wrote: »
    I agree with every comment Bassman made. I like the regular drop in but feeling like in an actual real professional team inside a pro rink. The outdoor shinny concept is ok if as an option but not when shoved down my throat without what I was used to in nhl18. I don’t have enough time to play club all the time but would like to simply drop in like I could in 18. EA Sports screwed up big time. And in 19, it doesn’t give the option of continuing with the same group of drop in guys into the next game which was awesome if you actually found people worth playing again with. If not, you could simple find a different dressing room but I haven’t been able to figure out how to do that in 19

Agreed 100%. If they could do a hybrid of the two: Drop In playlist with outdoor (music) and indoor (commentator) arenas, all with team selection, that would be a nice compromise. But enough with this clown gear

[edited for profanity]