EA Forums - Banner

Gamechanger Post NHL Award Trailer Q&A

Replies

• rcompton78 wrote: »
    602RAFPuff wrote: »
    Just say gents...would you still play Madden if it had a flag football mode? Or what about fifa if drop in mode had jeans and tee shirts and two old sweaters for goal posts...I mean that’s how I used to play football ( soccer) when I was a lot younger ...can’t we just have a choice

I haven't played Madden since 05 but I have played FIFA Street or whatever it was called.

I dont think it's about choice as much as it's EA not wanting to stretch its community too thin.

Then stop adding modes. Simple. Last 2 years they have slimmed the community with new modes. NHL 3's, EASHL 3s and now 1v1v1?

You and I have discussed this to length so I won't get into it again but to say they didn't want to slim the community when they are doing just that 2 years in a row is a contradiction. They had an idea, liked it and are wanting to push their players into it. Again I don't care but I can see why people do. And reading these comments in multiple threads now shows that some people really do.

Oh well hopefully more players play this year and not too many leave because of this :( Need a bigger community badly.

Well I think they are trying to build up the community.

The regulars and die-hards have their modes. They buy the game every year, regardless of good or bad. I think all this changes nothing for them.
    However, all these recent changes and new modes may very well bring in new customers, or casuals. Maybe they will become regulars too.

One thing for sure, they have to change things up. Last few years has not done much in boosting sales. I think this is their way of changing things. We shall see if it pays off or not.
  • The only issue there should be at all, is if 12 people hypothetically can wear the exact same thing. That would be a disaster in trying to determine who's on your team. We'll see if they come up with a way to differentiate home and away.
  • The only issue there should be at all, is if 12 people hypothetically can wear the exact same thing. That would be a disaster in trying to determine who's on your team. We'll see if they come up with a way to differentiate home and away.

I would assume they already have a way. At least, there better be or dropins will die in a few short days lol.
  • Will 6v6 drop-in have the customizable clothing, or will it have jerseys like now? I'm confused as to whether that's only in the 3v3 modes, or 6v6 drop-in as well.

An answer from a game changer/someone who's actually played it/a mod who knows definitely for sure straight from the devs would be appreciated. Confident "Yes"s from normal forum members who don't actually know but strongly assume, doesn't help me here lol. Appreciate it, thanks!
  • Will 6v6 drop-in have the customizable clothing, or will it have jerseys like now? I'm confused as to whether that's only in the 3v3 modes, or 6v6 drop-in as well.

An answer from a game changer/someone who's actually played it/a mod who knows definitely for sure straight from the devs would be appreciated. Confident "Yes"s from normal forum members who don't actually know but strongly assume, doesn't help me here lol. Appreciate it, thanks!

3v3 and 6v6 dropins are customizable gear. Jerseys are strictly EASHL club games. So the only way to have team uniforms is EASHL club play.

100% confirmed by game changers.
  • MooseHunter10
    403 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    NBA 2k can pull off street clothing because theres no battling for loose balls in the corner, everything in basketball is clear possession. Its been awhile for me, but I think their street clothing mode also capped at 4v4, with 5v5 being indoors with uniforms.

5v5 street clothes drop ins will be a mess. Hopefully they've split Street Clothing into Light and Dark outfits, home/away, and theres no way for a user to choose the wrong one.
    EASHL player
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    This thread has expanded on nicely on some of the changes announced - and I am cautiously optimistic about this release. In particular the RPM skating engine and the attribute/specialization, height/weight tweak stuff. I think this is a nice concession to the "card" folks and I am curious to play it now.

So unequivocally (I play D-Man 100%) you can now park in front of the net and easily make small adjustments in position without zooming wildly out of position in front of/beside the net?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.

• Well I think they are trying to build up the community.

The regulars and die-hards have their modes. They buy the game every year, regardless of good or bad. I think all this changes nothing for them.
    However, all these recent changes and new modes may very well bring in new customers, or casuals. Maybe they will become regulars too.

One thing for sure, they have to change things up. Last few years has not done much in boosting sales. I think this is their way of changing things. We shall see if it pays off or not.

I see why they are doing it. My point was merely to show that not allowing 2 versions of drop-in to avoid segmenting the small community is not really valid since they are doing it by adding new modes.

I honestly don't care what they do/add as long as the game play is better. That is (IMO) what killed this game. The move to next gen was sooo bad. Missing popular modes, bad game play and for most people bad input lag (which I honestly think is connected to game play engines/skating engines) have all plagued this game on new gen.

My annoyance comes from the fact a small dev team is tasked with new modes and glitter (back of the box sales stuff) rather than fixing the base game itself. I think a better hockey game will bring in more casuals and keep the die hards around more than 1v1v1. But what do I know?

Having said all of this I am very happy to see they worked on base game engine stuff like skating, hitting and puck pick ups. These are some of the base mechanics in hockey and if you can't get those right who the heck cares what you are wearing or where you are playing? A step in the right direction IMO. Admitting there are issues and taking time to fix them.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    rcompton78 wrote: »

Well I think they are trying to build up the community.

I see why they are doing it. My point was merely to show that not allowing 2 versions of drop-in to avoid segmenting the small community is not really valid since they are doing it by adding new modes.

I honestly don't care what they do/add as long as the game play is better. That is (IMO) what killed this game. The move to next gen was sooo bad. Missing popular modes, bad game play and for most people bad input lag (which I honestly think is connected to game play engines/skating engines) have all plagued this game on new gen.

My annoyance comes from the fact a small dev team is tasked with new modes and glitter (back of the box sales stuff) rather than fixing the base game itself. I think a better hockey game will bring in more casuals and keep the die hards around more than 1v1v1. But what do I know?

Having said all of this I am very happy to see they worked on base game engine stuff like skating, hitting and puck pick ups. These are some of the base mechanics in hockey and if you can't get those right who the heck cares what you are wearing or where you are playing? A step in the right direction IMO. Admitting there are issues and taking time to fix them.

Yea I hear ya. Next gen has been awful indeed. No arguing that.

This whole thing where your pro is associated in a few modes and those modes all work towards unlocking things is very common in many games, so I get, and approve, what they are doing here with this "world of chel" thing. They are catching up to the times and in no way should it hurt the game at all. It should generate alot more sales than this whole "play your mascot in 3s" gimmick ever did.

As for this pond thing, I have to agree with the decision here. In fact, most of us who have ever laced skates started in this fashion before moving onto league games in arenas. I totally get why they went that road. Nostalgia. Oh, and from what I read, dropins and pond games will have yet again their own commentators. Doc and Eddie only in club games. Man, I wish they got canned....

And yes, fully agreed to see that they worked on the core of the game. Skating was in such dire need of an update that it was getting pathetic.

Now they need to work on face offs and board play :)
  • Yea I hear ya. Next gen has been awful indeed. No arguing that.

This whole thing where your pro is associated in a few modes and those modes all work towards unlocking things is very common in many games, so I get, and approve, what they are doing here with this "world of chel" thing. They are catching up to the times and in no way should it hurt the game at all. It should generate alot more sales than this whole "play your mascot in 3s" gimmick ever did.

As for this pond thing, I have to agree with the decision here. In fact, most of us who have ever laced skates started in this fashion before moving onto league games in arenas. I totally get why they went that road. Nostalgia. Oh, and from what I read, dropins and pond games will have yet again their own commentators. Doc and Eddie only in club games. Man, I wish they got canned....

And yes, fully agreed to see that they worked on the core of the game. Skating was in such dire need of an update that it was getting pathetic.

Now they need to work on face offs and board play :)

I personally don't mind the outdoor shinny pick-up thing but if I was them I would not have removed regular drop-in. Fine call it beer league. I have heard people say drop in games never have uniforms and such so this new re-worked drop-in makes more sense. Shinny, beer league and pro. Done. Issue there is fragmenting the community more than it already is. That would definitely be an issue, But removing something (whether its a big deal to most or not) is surely to upset some die-hards. As much as you want new players, you want to keep your advocates happy as well. They are some of your best sales people to their networks.

Don't even get me started on the vacuum suction board play from AI or how bad it is for humans.

Face-offs also need work as you said. Especially with input lag. Yikes.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    What I think could've been cool is if they made dropin like a public skate where you go wearing whatever dark/light jerseys you get ... and if you could, wear your EASHL club jersey. This way you get an authentic drop in feel and still keep the arena atmosphere.

Assuming this year pulls out a good show and brings back a lot of diehards and more casuals, maybe they can implement that next year with a larger community.
  • the new scouting in franchise, and how it will completely change things is enough to make me interested in this year
  • WeirdViper wrote: »
    the new scouting in franchise, and how it will completely change things is enough to make me interested in this year

You know in the however many years I've been playing NHL I've never completed a single season in Franchise. I'm not one to sim any games and can never get out more than 25 in a season so I've never even done a draft before.

It would be great if we could do shortened seasons. I'd definitely give it a go if we could.
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Cleaned up thread. Please keep it on topic...questions for the GC’s.
  • Was has this become un sticky? Getting off topic?
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Was has this become un sticky? Getting off topic?
    Check page 6.
  • 602RAFPuff wrote: »
    For me though , the main thing in a hockey game is the ability to pick up loose pucks, the passes going where I aim them, the ability to dislodge the puck from the puck carrier..even when he glides and abuses the backhand, goalies stopping shots that are easy stops, goalies that dont get roasted on the same move over and over and over... pucks that don’t just magically pop back onto a stick ( get someone to not play on the other team, knock it loose and watch it zoom back onto his stick )....all this before outdoors please.

This is just my opinion, from a frustrated EA hockey player.

This guy gets it.
    Adaptive goalies that get higher % to save a goaltype if repeated, sounds like a easy thing to implement.
    Have short passes to be easier then long ones.
    Have goalies that save slow moving pucks easier then hard ones.
    Let goalies deflect pucks they don't feel they can hold in to corners.
    Realistic puck bounces, like not to the next tape of a teammate.

I do have really high hopes for 19, since skating is the thing we do the second most in this game, and thus affect it a lot. Pickups should be better, hitting, handling the puck around the lines, positioning infron of both nets, and so on.

What we all do the most is sitting and watch menus ofc.

Gamechangers:

Can you put together a list of the abilities that are announced like
    "Booming Slappers," "Dirty Dangles," and "Tight Turns"?

And maybe update that as we go along?

How much does a ability effect your players?
    I mean like a Booming slapper, is it like you have a base of 80 and if its your primary ability it adds 10 and if you put it on your secondary spot its 5?
    So you have 80, 85 or 90 on that same build?

FURY-69-.png
  • Follisimo
    1346 posts Member
    @FURY_SWE-69-
    They can't talk about goalies or traits yet. That stuff has to be officially revealed whenever they plan on doing it.

• So tell us about the hitting game. How have it evolved, and how it feels compared to 18?
    FURY-69-.png
  • No results for I whant the frosbite engine i this NHL 19 and HDR 4K resolution to for best felings..