EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 - All you need to know (Main discussion)

Replies

• Follisimo wrote: »
    Sixrohki wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    Some more tidbits in this article
    (Legends available in Fanchise is one I think some will be happy to see).

In addition to cosmetics, NHL 19 will include trait and specialization loadouts. Some of the abilities include "Booming Slappers," "Dirty Dangles," and "Tight Turns."

Sweet it's what I have been asking for awhile ago and it's finally happening. All these articles actually seem excited about the game which is a good thing.

Crap. Are the abilities all just slight attribute bumps??

@Tonyfereli

What did you think it was gonna be?

I dont know, I guess I had hoped itd be closer to NBA 2k.

Okay, lets all get on the speed trait meta train!!
  • Follisimo
    1033 posts Member

In addition to cosmetics, NHL 19 will include trait and specialization loadouts. Some of the abilities include "Booming Slappers," "Dirty Dangles," and "Tight Turns."

Sweet it's what I have been asking for awhile ago and it's finally happening. All these articles actually seem excited about the game which is a good thing.

@Tonyfereli

I knew it would be more like FIFA's style. Set builds will be in place for variety with some customization to weight/height. We get a couple of traits to further define our player. If the skating is as good as we all hope it to be then while speed should be great, but that one trait where it says tighter turns is something I would be more interested in as it would allow for better down low hockey of avoiding an opponent and getting out in front easier. Speed wouldn't help in that matter. But ya the north and south players will cherry pick using that speed I'm sure, but with defense being pretty decent I'd say it can be countered greatly.

@Tonyfereli

I knew it would be more like FIFA's style. Set builds will be in place for variety with some customization to weight/height. We get a couple of traits to further define our player. If the skating is as good as we all hope it to be then while speed should be great, but that one trait where it says tighter turns is something I would be more interested in as it would allow for better down low hockey of avoiding an opponent and getting out in front easier. Speed wouldn't help in that matter. But ya the north and south players will cherry pick using that speed I'm sure, but with defense being pretty decent I'd say it can be countered greatly.

Gonna be only Speed and Agility/Acceleration, for all high level players at all positions.
  • MooseHunter10
    402 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    EA knew they had to lock speeds in last years EASHL, I doubt they forgot that. Height/Weight/Specializations wont affect max speed.

With "Booming Slappers," "Dirty Dangles," and "Tight Turns" announced, can game changers comment on any of the specs/traits?
    EASHL player
  • EA knew they had to lock speeds in last years EASHL, I doubt they forgot that. Height/Weight/Specializations wont affect max speed.

With "Booming Slappers," "Dirty Dangles," and "Tight Turns" announced, can game changers comment on any of the specs/traits?

I thought they learned that lesson too, but "tighter turns" would suggest otherwise.

Skating has no place being trait boostable imho. Anyone trying to win will always be faster.

Just watch any eSport. Speed wins always.
  • Smaller players already have a tighter turning radii, and whatever "Quick First Step" equates to. Im okay with those benefits, but hoping top speed stays locked.
    EASHL player
  • If EA fixed collisions like they said they did then speed wont always win. The current problem is collisions are inconsistent so playing the body isnt an easy option which gives speed the advantage.

+3 speed wont make a difference if you could defend against it accordingly.
  • Does anyone know if the franchise mode has customized season lengths? Aka play only 30 games not 82? I have been waiting for this since NHL 2002...... every year....
  • GM Connected please
  • Follisimo
    1033 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Does anyone know if the franchise mode has customized season lengths? Aka play only 30 games not 82? I have been waiting for this since NHL 2002...... every year....

They haven't talked about the mode yet so no one can answer that yet.
    Canuxfan wrote: »
    GM Connected please

It's not coming in NHL 19 sorry.

GM Connected please

Oh sorry, I must’ve commented on the wrong post. I just wanted to add in my hopes for the return of GM Connected. But since I am here anyways, were there any discussions about adding an online franchise mode? Any sort of online franchise mode this year - whether it’s online co-op or otherwise?
  • Follisimo
    1033 posts Member
    GM Connected please
    GM Connected please

Oh sorry, I must’ve commented on the wrong post. I just wanted to add in my hopes for the return of GM Connected. But since I am here anyways, were there any discussions about adding an online franchise mode? Any sort of online franchise mode this year - whether it’s online co-op or otherwise?

Trust me there are talks every couple of months with people asking here, on Twitter and Facebook constantly. They won't tell you if they are working on the mode or not sadly, but it would take lots of time to get it completely right so who knows when or if it will come.

• SIeevelessGaming
    10 posts Game Changer
    I feel alot of people forget that GM Connected had a ton of flaws that if re released without perfecting the mode, it would be a massive waste of resources instead of them focusing on the actual gameplay. It would take 5 minutes to move around a tab in the menu, had a ton of connection issues, while it was and still is a fantastic game mode, my guess is they will bring it back with a bang.
  • Follisimo
    1033 posts Member
    I feel alot of people forget that GM Connected had a ton of flaws that if re released without perfecting the mode, it would be a massive waste of resources instead of them focusing on the actual gameplay. It would take 5 minutes to move around a tab in the menu, had a ton of connection issues, while it was and still is a fantastic game mode, my guess is they will bring it back with a bang.

Btw congrats on becoming an EA NHL Content Creator.

• JamBam22
    25 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    If you want to know how the world of chel system and player traits, build/height&weight connection, clothes, connection of modes, etc is gonna work just play NBA Live 18, NHL 19 is basically the exact same blueprint but hockey.
  • CH1l1X95
    41 posts Member
    Don't know if this has been answered yet, but does anyone know if LB/L1 is going to get fixed or nerfed? so many players are just using it now as an alternative to pokechecking and its gotten pretty obnoxious.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    Come on EA, release some more news & features, the hype is dying. You have to feed it.

Like when/if is the beta/demo coming out?
  • Follisimo
    1033 posts Member
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Come on EA, release some more news & features, the hype is dying. You have to feed it.

Like when/if is the beta/demo coming out?

Pretty much less than 74days for normal sales and 71 for the higher tier sales.

Gotta know if and when there is a beta. (most important info)
    EASHL stuff
    Franchise stuff
    HUT stuff
    Skating in actual game action (2nd most important info)
    Goalie information
    Etc etc etc

• Bring back the hype!
  • No info about a beta mean no Beta
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!