EA Forums - Banner

NHL Future needs

Prev1
What the NHL Franchise needs,

Now I am not getting into gameplay.. we can beat that horse in another thread!

This is strictly about the way the game works in its offline modes…as this is where 65-70% of people play.

Now we know there main focus is to get as many people to play online as possible and that’s all fine and dandy..but..

The majority has and always will be off line. So let’s begin

Be a GM

Have to do this mode first as of right now it’s a glorified season mode

Lets start with the GM him/her self

The duties of the general manager in game should not be complicated nor easy as the same time.

Hire staff

Coach, Assistant Coach, Trainers, Scouts both amateur and pro, medical staff.

All these staff members should play a critical role in your organization

Coach- run the team, lines, chemistry ( set each generic coach with a specialty/s )

Assistant coach- power play, pk, defensive roles..etc

Trainers – set up weekly and daily drills to help develop your players or keep your vets on pace

Scouts- amateur will scout youth for future development w/ specialties on the ype of players they are good at finding

-pro will look towards trades with other nhl teams, waiver pickups and potential FA signings from any pro league available

Medical staff- pretty simple … quality of staff and specialties that you hire will depend on how quick a player recovers from injury

Now let’s move onto contracts and players

This is one of the most crucial areas for improvement as it’s the most stale part of the game

Contracts/negotiations

GM and Players MUST be able to go into negotiations!

There must be a back and forth between both the player and agent and the agent/player and GM

Players/agents should be demanding contracts based on performance ..not just in game potential

These demands must have the ability to include Wage, clauses, term.

Wage/term – amount of money they will earn AAV and over how many years

Clauses- No trade, No movement, limited no trade, limited no movement, PTO

Promises- line, role, time on ice, etc

GM negotiations

Pretty much the same

Offer a contract based on what you feel the players value is ( based on your pro scouts/assistant gm reports )

Free agency

Negotiations must work the same way.. no more of this is what the player wants… wait till the 4th of july for them to tell you if you offered more they would have signed with you.. but they choose to go to the Rangers instead.

There must be a system that lets you see or hear from in game analysts that X team has offered Malkin and 12.5x8 deal with a NMC NTC but only for the first 4 years.. that would allow you to see that the player wants a full clause for the whole 8 year term.. this way you can choose to try and beat it .. or let him go and sign a more value player.

RFA/UFA/Resigning

Same negotiation system… for the UFA

RFA players should be able to hold out based on contract negotiations, request bridge deals, etc

Mid season resigning should be based off current cba as to when players can or want to resign.. allow palyers to reject negotiations mid season… or request a contract extension.

Players

Yet another crucial area of the game

Through out the season players go through hot and cold streaks, this needs to be placed back into the game and have their stats affected based on it ( live stats ) maybe a 2.5-5% increase/decrease in stats depending on how long the slump or streak is going

Chemistry- both line and player chemistry is a must in the game… players should start to gel or fall apart based on who they are playing with or want to play with

Example of this would be during the negotiations of a FA you promised 2nd line time but are only playing them on the 3rd line.. they may not be happy and thus will not gain chemistry .

Demands from the players

Trade demands, more ice time, less ice time ( age both youth and vets ), conditioning stints for players slumping, pp time, pk time, or less of pk/pp

Change of roles or positions.

Player evolution is a must for the game

If we draft a player and Sid lee is a sniper at 6’4 235 and has a speed raiting of 83.. we may choose to develop and train that player to be more of a 3rd line grinder

Or if we have a player and are fighting lots with them they may change their role on there own to a fighter which would hinder there development..

Or a 3rd line grinder that’s great defensively ( Steve Staios ) and turn them into a solid 3rd pairing dman

Lots of discussion could be had on how this would or could work

Trades/ deadline

This part of the game is kinda like running in a dark room and hoping to not hit a wall…boring..boring…boring

There was zero thought or effort placed into one of the most exciting part of the NHL

Trade negotiations need the biggest overhaul … never should I see the same sedin trade over and over and over and over .. all season long

There needs to be more options while negotiating

Simple commands like sorry that is not enough, you need to add, hang up ( may ruin relationship with gm, accept, lets work to make this better, id prefer picks/ porsprcts over the other

To full negotiations where you and the other gm sit down via phone and hammer our each aspect of the trade.. even pulling in a 3rd or 4th team to make everything work.

In my opinion these are the first things that need to be added into the game to make it NHL

Now onto Be a Pro,

Won’t have to dive to deep into this mode as all you have to do is incorporate all the new Be a GM stuff into this mode and it fixes a lot of the aspects NHL wise.

But that does not excuse the lack of everything not in the mode

News feed so you can keep track of yourself ( paper, social media, etc ) good or bad talk can effect your morale

Training – choose the type of training you do to develop into the type of player you want to be or what your coach has requested you to become for the team.

Choices – these will be simple thing that come up from week to week that may affect your game, training, development positively or negatively based on your choice

Examples mom and dad are in town and what to go out for dinner yes or no.. you chose yes and you had too much to drink and you woke up late missed your power skating training

Friends are going to fly out to Florida to watch you play and go out and have fun.. you say not on a game day.. friends are angry this affects your morale 2.5% increase because you know your helping your team win’

Little things like this tied in with the depth of the be a gm adds and you have the start of a great game.

Which brings me to my final add

Player Story

This is tied into Be a Pro

Choose where you start

Junior/college- up and coming star path

European leagues – the unknown path ( undrafted euro player ) or up and coming star path

Try out (PTO) at 19-21- undrafted & unknown pick a team and try out

Everything you do decides the type of player you become on and off the ice or where you may or may not get drafted even if you are ranked #1

From interviews to charity events.

And interactive game mode that makes you makes both easy and hard choices

That either make you a fan favorite, a dressing room leader .. or the cancer on the team…

But that is it for now.

Let’s discuss and see if we can help them improve the game..

maybe

Replies

• Didn't your teacher ever tell you size 12 font, double space?
  • Yup .. sure did ...
    Lucky for you there is zoom
  • Good list, I have made similar suggestions and they have not been listened to but overall I did enjoy the list and I think you are onto something.
  • Well after 14 years of asking for the same stuff .. one day I'll get my wish..
    Also good to see you again man .. been a long time..
  • a03ab843 wrote: »
    Well after 14 years of asking for the same stuff .. one day I'll get my wish..
    Also good to see you again man .. been a long time..

Thanks, I was just here yesterday though :)
  • they don't care about off line modes i have asked numerous times but when your not asked to do a survey to give your input its pointless they only care about online game modes and EA states nobody plays offline so i just won't buy it when they start listening to there customers maybe i will think about coming back it took four years for them to create a new skating engine so i see no hope, next year will be street hockey to go with pond hockey and maybe field hockey after that but hey thats what players wanted was pond hockey. EA is a selfish company and always will be they shouldn't create classes of people they cater to and push others aside this is why they have been voted worst company in America.
    Detroit, MI GO WINGS

X1

TN: Snipers USA

GT: King Loves23
  • lovell2305 wrote: »
    they don't care about off line modes i have asked numerous times but when your not asked to do a survey to give your input its pointless they only care about online game modes and EA states nobody plays offline so i just won't buy it when they start listening to there customers maybe i will think about coming back it took four years for them to create a new skating engine so i see no hope, next year will be street hockey to go with pond hockey and maybe field hockey after that but hey thats what players wanted was pond hockey. EA is a selfish company and always will be they shouldn't create classes of people they cater to and push others aside this is why they have been voted worst company in America.

Let's try to do this hypothetically because that attitude will just derail the thread and that doesn't do anyone any good. :)
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Lol my bad. For whatever reason your text doesnt convert well to android phone. This is what I was looking at when reading your comment, hence the double space remark.

http://rs1353.pbsrc.com/albums/q680/labelle_kyle/Screenshot_20180712-231807_Chrome_zpsei9fot1v.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip
  • Cell Phones tend to not pick up on formatting sometimes. I have noticed that when I have to edit my webpage.
  • lovell2305 wrote: »
    they don't care about off line modes i have asked numerous times but when your not asked to do a survey to give your input its pointless they only care about online game modes and EA states nobody plays offline so i just won't buy it when they start listening to there customers maybe i will think about coming back it took four years for them to create a new skating engine so i see no hope, next year will be street hockey to go with pond hockey and maybe field hockey after that but hey thats what players wanted was pond hockey. EA is a selfish company and always will be they shouldn't create classes of people they cater to and push others aside this is why they have been voted worst company in America.

Let's try to do this hypothetically because that attitude will just derail the thread and that doesn't do anyone any good. :)

Its hard to does this hypothetically when a company caters to one type of player ( online ) if they want to do that scrap offline modes and watch what there sales do. EA stated in a recent article nobody plays offline modes so they will not improve it, i'm not going to continue to be a customer until they listen to there customers, i know who they listen too ( game changers, you tubers, and streamers ) they do not care about the average gamer that plays there game it's absurd i would like to participate in one of these imaginary surveys but have never been given the chance, as long as online players get the say EA will ignore the others, its like were low class and thats wrong i'm sorry im sick of it.
    Detroit, MI GO WINGS

X1

• Hey, guess what I am an offline player too so I get the frustration. I really do. I have the same feelings. But I am not coming onto this thread and voicing my opinions on it since it is not related to the topic at hand. Where you left it in the other thread was far more appropriate.
  • Absolutely...let's keep it positive.. keep pushing the envelope ... and get the game to where it needs to be
    Absolutely...let's keep it positive.. keep pushing the envelope ... and get the game to where it needs to be

I love the ideas you threw out i'm not trying to be negative but when has this company listened to offline players?
    Detroit, MI GO WINGS

X1

• Thaey have to at some point ... were there biggest buyers
    Thaey have to at some point ... were there biggest buyers

I wish i could say that i hope your right about the percentage you say, EA says different in an article there game is more online based which i think is a lie. I just want some offline game mode love but EA will read these posts and just laugh
    Detroit, MI GO WINGS

X1

• They can say what they will .. but numbers dont lie .. metrics tracks everything .. so do all console companies
    They can say what they will .. but numbers dont lie .. metrics tracks everything .. so do all console companies

Well if there isn't more then the scouting system in franchise mode i will not buy i'm an offline mode player and no new features means i'm saving money, EA hasn't released anything yet on these modes so i take it there will be nothing new except for that scouting system so they have lost a customer.
    Detroit, MI GO WINGS

X1

• Ain't that the truth .. I can wait for it to hit ea access
    Ain't that the truth .. I can wait for it to hit ea access

lol i still don't think i would get it
    Detroit, MI GO WINGS

X1