EA Forums - Banner

Vote to kick option in drop ins

Prev1345
PLEASE EA can we get a vote to kick option for all drop in games. im tired of seeing defensemen standing offsides constantly and not getting kicked for bad team play and then getting a threatening message after asking them to leave.

Replies

• B_Bunny
    893 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    This would get abused constantly, especially for the goalies who let in a bad goal or two.

A better use of their time would be to actually have a working griefing system to deal with people like that, because if that stuff is happening the current one is obviously not working very well.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • ive seen a total of 2 players actually kicked for not playing. its a horrible system and it needs to reflect on more than just team play. it needs to be based on all 3 categories.
  • a vote to kick would be difficult, but what about a team concede and report.
  • whatever EA can do to make this system better or make a new system all together, so we dont have to deal with the kids that just want to sit offsides cause they have nothing else better to do
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    This would get abused constantly, especially for the goalies who let in a bad goal or two.

A better use of their time would be to actually have a working griefing system to deal with people like that, because if that stuff is happening the current one is obviously not working very well.

There is no current system. You currently only get kicked for going afk.

• VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    B-Bunny wrote: »

They need to bring back being called after the whistle. Shoot the puck into the net while the play is stopped? 2 minute penalty. Hitting a player or the goalie after the play? 2 minute penalty. Trying to initiate a fight after the whistle? 2 minute penalty for instigation on top of the 5 minutes for fighting. They need to PUNISH the people that abuse the system and not BOTH sides trying to be "fair"...

The devs also need to remove the option to EXIT or PAUSE the game while playing in an online session. While they're at it, remove all the cut-scenes and replays during online sessions. You wanna see that sick glitch goal you've scored about a gazillion times before? Watch it on your own time after the game. Don't need to watch you "wiggle and shoot" from 3 different angles.

As for the current "anti-griefing" system, it's mostly useless as the coaching feedback + player grading system is very rudimentary and inaccurate. They'd need to either fix or completely revamp it in order for it to be used as a gauge for your "on ice conduct".
  • Merc572
    53 posts Member
    They need to do something i just played a drop in with a guy that had a CR rating of -9338!!!!
    he was goalie so you can only imagine how the game went
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    B-Bunny wrote: »

They need to bring back being called after the whistle. Shoot the puck into the net while the play is stopped? 2 minute penalty. Hitting a player or the goalie after the play? 2 minute penalty. Trying to initiate a fight after the whistle? 2 minute penalty for instigation on top of the 5 minutes for fighting. They need to PUNISH the people that abuse the system and not BOTH sides trying to be "fair"...

The devs also need to remove the option to EXIT or PAUSE the game while playing in an online session. While they're at it, remove all the cut-scenes and replays during online sessions. You wanna see that sick glitch goal you've scored about a gazillion times before? Watch it on your own time after the game. Don't need to watch you "wiggle and shoot" from 3 different angles.

As for the current "anti-griefing" system, it's mostly useless as the coaching feedback + player grading system is very rudimentary and inaccurate. They'd need to either fix or completely revamp it in order for it to be used as a gauge for your "on ice conduct".

Good idea. Then come here and complain that everybody quits out before the end of the 1st period...

Coaching grading leading to a kick imo, is the best solution. Just needs a complete overhaul first.
  • I am not sure how it would work but a vote to kick system that needs X from the team that has the troll and like 1 agreed vote from the other team? I am guessing (I could be naive) that most times with a true score on yourself, come out of the net to take penalties troll ruins the game for both teams and that agree vote from the other team would happen. Maybe I am wrong.

Having said that if they could overhaul the kick player system to actually work on game play then that would be best but I have my doubts. New players that don't deserve to be kicked might be kicked often when they are learning if it all goes on game play grades.
  • My solution would be for the game to track the players and only allow them to be kicked if they met certain requirements. Goals against as a goalie wouldn't be one of them. I would track things like going and staying offsides, moving the goalie far out of the crease, not moving, taking penalty after penalty, etc. Once a player has enough tracked infractions the option to kick them becomes available. If they have a habit of getting kicked out of games stop allowing them into EASHL drop-in games for a time period. "You have been kicked out of three games today, you are now restricted from playing EASHL for 24 hours." Make the bans longer for repeat offenders.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Good idea. Then come here and complain that everybody quits out before the end of the 1st period...

Coaching grading leading to a kick imo, is the best solution. Just needs a complete overhaul first.

Thing is, coach grading can't account for intent. Getting a penalty because you shot at the net or proceeded to mow down people after the whistle does. And you know fair well that people are going to complain no matter what.

It's easy to dismiss an idea just because it doesn't follow your mold. Does that mean they should just leave things in their current state? Right now there is NOTHING in place to stop the trolls. We've tried the old way where you got called or ejected for breaking the rules after a whistle. People complained. So it was removed and replaced the the coach grading system. People complained because they felt they weren't getting justly rated by the "coach". So it was removed and now we have a free-for-all.

Simply put, the game as it is now ENABLES trolls. Putting a vote to kick feature would (according to some) get abused. Turning on the rules would make people mad according to others (like you). Leaving things how they are triggers EVERYONE.

It's not hard to see what needs to be done.

• VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    nickels55 wrote: »
    My solution would be for the game to track the players and only allow them to be kicked if they met certain requirements. Goals against as a goalie wouldn't be one of them. I would track things like going and staying offsides, moving the goalie far out of the crease, not moving, taking penalty after penalty, etc. Once a player has enough tracked infractions the option to kick them becomes available. If they have a habit of getting kicked out of games stop allowing them into EASHL drop-in games for a time period. "You have been kicked out of three games today, you are now restricted from playing EASHL for 24 hours." Make the bans longer for repeat offenders.

That's been tried before and it was a nightmare for human goalies. Basically if you were aggressive and played outside your crease, the game would count it as straying. Even sometimes when your own teammates pushed you out of your crease and a goal was scored, the "coach" would lambaste you afterwards for "straying".
  • fix the grades, kick out on a bad grade in team play.
  • nickels55
    177 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Sorry for my poor suggestion. I normally play only VS mode, and this is my first year actually trying EASHL. The point is that there needs to be some system in place that punishes trolls not bad players. Doing nothing only encourages them. I don't see how people play this mode a lot? It takes forever to find a game, someone always tries to ruin it, people are always pausing, and it takes like 45 minutes to complete a game if you are lucky. By the end at least half the players have left. As an old dude with kids and limited free time, I'd rather just play VS and be done in 25 minutes. There are tons of online multiplayer games out there, so some company had to figure this out by now.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    @nickels55 I agree. Again, why is there an option to PAUSE and EXIT the game during online play? Also, if total of 3 skaters leave before the game is over, game should end. Same with Goalie; goalie leaves, end of game. How many times have I had to quit a game because after 2-3 goals, half the other team (including the goalies have left).

If I wanted to play vs AI, I would've been playing Offline Franchise mode or BaP.
  • While it's a good idea, it would be abused. There are too many cases where someone makes an innocent mistake but people get on them for it. Plus who's to say a lobby of 5 decide they dont want the random 6th guy and just kick him. Plus it victimizes goalies who let in a bad goal
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    How about a dual system? Vote to Kick for skaters only (LW, C, RW, LD, RD) and for Goalies a grading system where if he purposely trolls by leaving the net or taking penalties, he gets ejected.

That way goalies wouldn't be victimized and people would get their vote to kick option.
  • In the lobby system, players would essentially either start their own game by picking 12 people - or gather their own team and challenge another team who have also gone through the process of selecting people in the lobby.

This process results in less of a random drop-in feel to more of a structured and meaningful drop-in feel.

Anyone who recalls the lobby system knows what I'm talking about.

Bring this system back, and the 'trolling' will decline. It won't go away - but it will drastically decline.

In regards to a voting system for kicking - if the voting system is directly tied to a player's current team play rating and also their positional rating (which should be far less forgiving). If a player has crossed a threshold for how low their rating can be AND they've received a majority vote for being kicked - then the player gets booted.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »

Thing is, coach grading can't account for intent. Getting a penalty because you shot at the net or proceeded to mow down people after the whistle does. And you know fair well that people are going to complain no matter what.

It's easy to dismiss an idea just because it doesn't follow your mold. Does that mean they should just leave things in their current state? Right now there is NOTHING in place to stop the trolls. We've tried the old way where you got called or ejected for breaking the rules after a whistle. People complained. So it was removed and replaced the the coach grading system. People complained because they felt they weren't getting justly rated by the "coach". So it was removed and now we have a free-for-all.

Simply put, the game as it is now ENABLES trolls. Putting a vote to kick feature would (according to some) get abused. Turning on the rules would make people mad according to others (like you). Leaving things how they are triggers EVERYONE.

It's not hard to see what needs to be done.

Has nothing to do with a mold. It is simply people will come crying here that the goalie and 3 players quit the game. Case in point, you whine about this very thing no more than 3 posts down form your reply.

Your idea simply isn't the best one for the greater good. Nothing personal or ill-fitting of molds.
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member

Has nothing to do with a mold. It is simply people will come crying here that the goalie and 3 players quit the game. Case in point, you whine about this very thing no more than 3 posts down form your reply.

Your idea simply isn't the best one for the greater good. Nothing personal or ill-fitting of molds.

Neither is yours. Which was my point, but you chose to highlight just one phrase out of my reply.

Mine was simply ONE solution. Yours and others are too. As for the "abuse" card, it's too simple and a cop out. People using that as a defense as to why it shouldn't' be implemented are basically arguing that EVERYONE who plays online is a troll. When the truth is that a very small number of people would actually abuse it, especially in drop-ins where you mostly meet up with complete strangers.

No one has a "best" solution, but then doing NOTHING is the "worst" solution.