EA Forums - Banner

Low population for drop in 3s and 6s -PS4

Prev13
Taxman27
4 posts Member
edited September 2018
Anyone else getting low population and little to no games? Most of the time it times out saying there is no matches.

Replies

• Yes. People like me are boycotting Drops and only playing club.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    VIDSICIOUS wrote: »
    Yes. People like me are boycotting Drops and only playing club.

Sarcasm after all the conversation we had or actually?
  • @Taste-D-Rainbow Yes a bit of sarcasm. But yeah i'm not playing drops. Club and VS only for this kid.
  • It is almost impossible to find a drop in game, its been fully released and still these problems? Talk about a total waste of 70$.
  • If they don’t fix it soon I think people will drop it pretty quick honestly.. too many good games to waste time searching on a drop in that ends up with 3 people total
  • Don't go by the population thing sometimes it's wrong
  • I will call to get my money back, the ONLY reason I bought this game was for EASHL, I have a club but what am I not supposed to play when my club members arent on line? Get it together EA.
  • We've had high population since the release day mostly on PS4, no trouble finding dropins or club in EASHL. But very late tonight, we started getting errors in club, one reset back to a face-off, and oddly the EA badge/logo which shows at the very start of the game remained on screen until just before the puck dropped, that is to say, a way longer than it normally does.

The game was pretty sluggish anyways, and the opponent kept skating circles around us, so we called it a day after that one.
  • I feel your frustration.

I came home from work and tried to play and wasn't able to get into a match after about 20 minutes of trying, at which point I gave up.

NHL is the only game I've ever owned that I will attempt to play, not be able to get into a decent match, and inevitably turn off without playing.

Considering it's release day it's only going to get worse. There might be people playing till about December but after that the servers are going to be dead. Maybe EA should be charging less for NHL in hopes that it will get more people to purchase.
  • I had low population for 6's and 3's. Average time was around 4-5 minutes. Ended up not being able to find a game so I turned it off and played Spiderman instead.
  • I had low population for 6's and 3's. Average time was around 4-5 minutes. Ended up not being able to find a game so I turned it off and played Spiderman instead.

This is what the majority of people will do. They need to revert back to the old system immediately. I’d rather go through 2-3 lobbies of people backing out than take 20 minutes to load a 6 v 6 and there is one goalie and mismatched teams. It’s stupid

This is what the majority of people will do. They need to revert back to the old system immediately. I’d rather go through 2-3 lobbies of people backing out than take 20 minutes to load a 6 v 6 and there is one goalie and mismatched teams. It’s stupid

Couldn't have said it better
  • I haven't found a single 3s or 6s drop in game yet. Only the arcade mode matchmaking works. It's currently broken.
  • trying to play drop ins solo is brutal...but why anyone would want to play drop ins is beyond me. the games even when you do get in remain a place with toxic players. your best bet is to find a club, there's 0 problems finding games either a)playing club or b) having at least 2 or 3 people searching drop ins together.

also, the less pick you are on which position you play the easier it will be as well
  • madhatv2
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    trying to play drop ins solo is brutal...but why anyone would want to play drop ins is beyond me. the games even when you do get in remain a place with toxic players. your best bet is to find a club, there's 0 problems finding games either a)playing club or b) having at least 2 or 3 people searching drop ins together.

also, the less pick you are on which position you play the easier it will be as well

There are plenty of people not able to play online in clubs right now. The game is completely broken online.

EDIT: This is nice. In Pro-Am, the settings revert back to default after every match. What happened to this game, did they revert back to an ALPHA BUILD
  • The fact is EA only cares about HUT because peoole dump cash into it for packs and other useless stuff. Finding a match one v one or a mode they are pushing like 3’s arcade edition is no problemo...of course.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Amid all this doom and gloom, there's at least one positive I can say: when in club and six guys in your team are playing, the extra dudes can go to the 3vs3 club dressing room, and start a game: no more waiting for a free spot in the game! (unless you have 11 or more players, because you can't have 2x 6v6 at the same time, well maybe playoffs and regular game?)

Of course, first you need to have 8+ players in your club.... o:)
  • Going back to the old system of joining lobbies and having ppl back out at the very last minute honestly doesn't sound better than waiting longer. It sounds like more time spent with toxic people. But I dont have the game yet so I don't know how bad the issue truly is.
  • With the old lobby system I was able to consistently find games quicker than the matchmaking systems have ever been able to. Now in 19 you have to wait forever for the matchmaking to work, and then when you finally find a lobby most of the slots are filled with CPU players and people back out...
  • Well, people backing out at the last minute was a problem in NHL18 drop-ins too.

But it was quicker and far better presented. I really dislike how the lobbies look just plain messy, the layout is not good.