EA Forums - Banner

Is NHL19 essentially NHL15.4?

Im hearing more bad than i am good about the game and im hesitate to purchase this game again. Ive beem a very avid NHL'er since the series came to fruition and these last few iterations have me highly skeptical whether or not i should buy the game again. Im itching too play some chell but i just cant deal with fat man lag and deathly slow menus again etc etc.

Replies

• Sorry for the poor spelling my son is on my lap so im one handed atm
  • No, its NHL 14, meaning the first change to the game since 13.
  • Feels more like a beta of NHL 19 than anything with all the issues with drop ins and club
  • Yes it is. Still the same nonsense. Still ai playing like a bunch of blind children...same bad servers. Same everything but a new skating engine and clown gear, thank god I can wear a sweatshirt and skates that look like timberlands *eyeroll*
  • Feels more like a beta of NHL 19 than anything with all the issues with drop ins and club

Beta was much better at least i could play 6v6 drop-ins
  • Doesnt sound good😔
  • World of Chel played like expected and impressed but regular franchise is horrendous .Graphics are sub par , plays terrible ,skating is good but not very noticeable with all the other distractions such as thousands of penalties ,poke checks,stick lifts.There is no flow to this game straight out the box.Would like a straight up simulation and not the arcade garbage settings.Hope they have updates planed for this inept title.
  • Its the same every year. Many got hyped and buy the game early and than starting to argue. I tried at a friend yesterday. Checks harder, in skating I do not find a diffrence and when it is not much and than the new scouting. Rest is more or lesser the same. I miss many other things like Roster import or sharing so I will not buy now. Maybe wait for strong discount or better to wait what they will do next year.
  • I think it's the best NHL on this gen by far. There are some huge bugs to iron out, namely the crashing, but if they can sort that out I'll be very pleased with NHL 19.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Janikka wrote: »
    I think it's the best NHL on this gen by far. There are some huge bugs to iron out, namely the crashing, but if they can sort that out I'll be very pleased with NHL 19.
    The game is great.
    Very smooth online connection...but that’s all I play so I can’t speak for other modes.
    But if your offline then you have all the sliders to make it the way you like.
    THE SKATING ENGINE IS BRILLIANT.
    On both sides...defense and offense.
  • Oline is very good, best it's been on the new gen platforms, I think.

Offline, well I started to play that Champions league with Finnish team, and all-star difficulty. But I didn't finish the game, because all the 'sins' from last year seem to be there, game difficulty sets certain things in a way that kills the game for me, it's just not fun. CPU skates faster, passes and controls the puck better, doesn't take any penalties, their goalie is a superman, boardplay is the same it was before: the CPU just grabs you and glues you to boards, even from behind etc. Sure, you can say it's challenging and maybe I am just not good enough, but blegh... this is just so badly tilted towards the CPU in every conceivable way. Maybe I will try Pro to see if its more even and reasonable?

I was especially struck how badly my team skated, it's like they have a handbrake on full time. Pressing hustle doesn't seem to do anything and that's even at the start of the period.

• j0rtsu67
    601 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @invertedbliss are you on Xbox or ps4?
    If on Xbox, it has EA Access where you can try NHL19 (full game) for 10 hours, it is 4.99$/month (3.99€ in Europe) and gives you many more games to play for that 30 day period (without 10 hour limit).