EA Forums - Banner

This game is awesome

Prev134
Puck pickups still not fixed.
Poke checking is a joke.
Collision detection still is unbearable.
AI's are still clueless.
The skating engine still is not realistic and is video gamish.

Outside of that this game plays perfectly!! :/

Replies

• Not having any of those problems.
    I can pick up the puck.
    Poke Check works fine when you don’t spam and pick your spots.
    Collisions cause turnovers.
    AI’s Are God’s if if your patient.
    Skating engine is brilliant.
  • I like the new skating looks like they are doing crossover to get speed. Ever see the way McDavid skates? As a D-man I find it very responsive when playing my angles in holding L2 in front of the net. For the most part I like the new pokes. I do however agree that there is still an issue with puck pick ups. Good body position and collisions do generally cause turnovers. The big hit is not always necessary to separate man from puck.

Often times the Ai are like statues completely still not moving in the offensive zone. Statues off of face-offs is another issue to me.
    I can pick up the puck.

I'll have to start recording my games.

AI's can be quite pointless at times in VS. Many times when I am controlling the defender, my own forwards will skate right into me. And they do still clump up when in the defensive zone.

Puck pickups can still be an issue after big collisions. I don't know how many times someone on my team lays out an opposing player and even though two guys are hovering over the puck, the guy who was hit stands up and skates away.

I don't take many tripping penalties, but I am even terrified pushing the poke check button at times. A lot of people go with the "don't spam" reply instantly...I have even done that. But you have to be so careful this year with the new skating mechanics. The offensive player can move so quick at times that when you think your about to make a "good poke", they manuvered just a bit and the trip is registered.

This is coming from someone who enjoys this year's game. But it's still ok to be critical when need be.
    I can pick up the puck.

bro you literally say the same thing on every single post lol such a hypebeast.

Puck pick ups are still an issue, just because you can manage to pick up the puck doesn't mean it still isn't an issue that a lot of people are dealing with, and seeing as how there's more and more people complaining about it than not I don't think you chiming in on every single thread about how perfect you think the game is does anything at all.

Ai is complete garbage still. I've played many games so far where a turnover will happen and then the ai will turn away from the guy with the puck or they will take an extremely wide turn for no reason at all still leaving them completely out of position. The strategy you set in place still doesn't make a difference just like it never has when it comes to the ai. They also wander all over the place on defense, never in the place they should be in and when a goal is scored or a big chance happens you look around for you bot and he's off in the corner somewhere. Its unbelievable that yet another year of the same issues continues.

100% honesty I would rather see them not add a single mode, or a single piece of clown gear or any celebrations or anything at all and just focus on taking care of the ai and all the issues that still remain in the game that have been there for years. Perfect example...how many years has it been now that you can come in on a breakaway or penalty shot and just hold the puck backhand, twitch your guy around a little bit and just toss it in short side because the goalie just completely moves all the way out of position off of a move that isn't even a move? how many years has it been that the ai can pull you to the board for boardplay like a magnet even when you arent close enough for them to possibly do it? the list can keep going too. I understand its different departments handle different portions of the game, but then why can 1 department execute their job basically on point and then the other one just fail off completely and miss the same exploits and bugs year in and year out?

Why is it the HUT gameplay feels so sluggish and inconsistent with how your players react to what you are doing compared to regular VS for now the 5th+ year in a row?
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Not having any of those problems.
    I can pick up the puck.

AI's can be quite pointless at times in VS. Many times when I am controlling the defender, my own forwards will skate right into me. And they do still clump up when in the defensive zone.

Puck pickups can still be an issue after big collisions. I don't know how many times someone on my team lays out an opposing player and even though two guys are hovering over the puck, the guy who was hit stands up and skates away.

I don't take many tripping penalties, but I am even terrified pushing the poke check button at times. A lot of people go with the "don't spam" reply instantly...I have even done that. But you have to be so careful this year with the new skating mechanics. The offensive player can move so quick at times that when you think your about to make a "good poke", they manuvered just a bit and the trip is registered.

This is coming from someone who enjoys this year's game. But it's still ok to be critical when need be.

Record your games. I’ll give you my critique.
    We can have a fun and Beneficial conversation.
    I can pick up the puck.

Record your games. I’ll give you my critique.
    We can have a fun and Beneficial conversation.

I have a feeling it will not be very civil and what many find as issues, you will say are not problems at all. Which is fine if that's what you believe. But I don't need to waste my time for you to tell me something that I will disagree with.
  • Invidia300 wrote: »
    I can pick up the puck.

Puck pick ups are still an issue, just because you can manage to pick up the puck doesn't mean it still isn't an issue that a lot of people are dealing with, and seeing as how there's more and more people complaining about it than not I don't think you chiming in on every single thread about how perfect you think the game is does anything at all.

Ai is complete garbage still. I've played many games so far where a turnover will happen and then the ai will turn away from the guy with the puck or they will take an extremely wide turn for no reason at all still leaving them completely out of position. The strategy you set in place still doesn't make a difference just like it never has when it comes to the ai. They also wander all over the place on defense, never in the place they should be in and when a goal is scored or a big chance happens you look around for you bot and he's off in the corner somewhere. Its unbelievable that yet another year of the same issues continues.

100% honesty I would rather see them not add a single mode, or a single piece of clown gear or any celebrations or anything at all and just focus on taking care of the ai and all the issues that still remain in the game that have been there for years. Perfect example...how many years has it been now that you can come in on a breakaway or penalty shot and just hold the puck backhand, twitch your guy around a little bit and just toss it in short side because the goalie just completely moves all the way out of position off of a move that isn't even a move? how many years has it been that the ai can pull you to the board for boardplay like a magnet even when you arent close enough for them to possibly do it? the list can keep going too. I understand its different departments handle different portions of the game, but then why can 1 department execute their job basically on point and then the other one just fail off completely and miss the same exploits and bugs year in and year out?

Why is it the HUT gameplay feels so sluggish and inconsistent with how your players react to what you are doing compared to regular VS for now the 5th+ year in a row?

This is 100% accurate
  • Ok don’t waste your time then.
    You mentioned recording your games.
    I was just like...let’s talk about it.
    All good man.
  • Invidia300 wrote: »
    I can pick up the puck.

AI is not garbage!!! AI is ....
    dun ....dun ......dun.....
    THE HYPEBEAST!!!!
  • When AI teammates skate into you, wander aimlessly, abandon positions, and turn in inappropriate directions related to play.....I would label it GARBAGE.
  • CMBDeadly
    177 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Cat we've talked about this before, you want the games to succeed and that's cool, but people disagreeing with you once again is cool and not a problem. You hype the game every year including 18 and 17 with you even admitting the game wasn't as good as you said it was because you want the developers to get a win.

We both will admit the game is better, but you defend a game that still has major issues like it's your little brother getting looked over in a pick up game.

I'd also think that is a civil dissection, you can love the game but every year acting like you loving the game means others should doesn't work.
  • mikeyflex
    217 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    It's amazing how anyone would defend the skating engine. Anyone who skates knows this is not realistic. The engine has no clue what it means to stop and have to pivot to skate again, it completely skips the entire pivot requirment, simply comical.
  • mikeyflex wrote: »
    It's amazing how anyone would defend the skating engine. Anyone who skates knows this is not realistic. The engine has no clue what it means to stop and have to pivot to skate again, it completely skips the entire pivot requirment, simply comical.

I don't think people are defending it because its "realistic"....Well at least I'm not. I'm defending it because it is light-years ahead of what we have had the last few years. Is it perfect, not even close, but at least EA is taking a step in the right direction to fix it.

The skating engine is a huge improvement over last year. Is it exactly like real life? No but it's still a refreshing change. I'll sacrifice a little realism to make the game fun, and the game is much more fun than it was last year with the new skating and hitting engines. Are you one of the people who wants realistic stick detection also?
    Poke checking is a joke.
    AI's are still clueless.

I disagree puck pick up is fine

The poke checking is good also, learn to adapt a bit and you'll like it I think

The AI from what I've played is really good. I play on Allstar with custom sliders and it's a lot of fun.

And again with the skating engine I'm okay with it not being fully true to life. It's not meant to be real life.
    Poke checking is a joke.
    AI's are still clueless.

The AI from what I've played is really good. I play on Allstar with custom sliders and it's a lot of fun.

And again with the skating engine I'm okay with it not being fully true to life. It's not meant to be real life.

How do you "adapt" when the puck handler is gliding down the boards not moving his feet and my defender extends his stick only to trip him up and take a penalty! Keep in mind I wasn't poke checking or spamming the poke check. Pee wee division players don't get tripped up in that scenario. Completely nerfed the poke check two years and running!!!
  • I disagree with everything but the AI. CPU teammates still make some pretty poor decisions without the puck.
    mikeyflex wrote: »
    Poke checking is a joke.
    AI's are still clueless.

How do you "adapt" when the puck handler is gliding down the boards not moving his feet and my defender extends his stick only to trip him up and take a penalty! Keep in mind I wasn't poke checking or spamming the poke check. Pee wee division players don't get tripped up in that scenario. Completely nerfed the poke check two years and running!!!

Use the new hitting system that put in, try to bump the player. Hitting is vastly improved so you should be able to use the tools they put in the game.

• Use the new hitting system that put in, try to bump the player. Hitting is vastly improved so you should be able to use the tools they put in the game.

You've completely missed my point.
  • BruinsHockey08
    1359 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Which was?