EA Forums - Banner

Dressing Room Error - PS4

Replies

• JIMiller78

Same thing here. Ones, 6's', doesn't matter.

Dressing room error at least half the time.
  • This was happening to at least someone, in every game I have played online when partied up with one friend. I saw someone mention that if everyone readies up before the count expires then it's less frequent to have someone error out -- I agree.

But seeing as it was so hard to just get a full lobby in the first place on the first night of this game's release... And how at least one person would error out of 90% of the games that even managed to launch last night... Screenshots should not be necessary. There should be thousands of errors server-side to indicate that there is a serious problem.
  • Mattius14 wrote: »

But seeing as it was so hard to just get a full lobby in the first place on the first night of this game's release... And how at least one person would error out of 90% of the games that even managed to launch last night... Screenshots should not be necessary. There should be thousands of errors server-side to indicate that there is a serious problem.

Problem is its completely random.....I have only experienced this once so far(knock on wood). No one in my club has as of yet. I'm leaning more toward hardware configuration on the users end. I'm not ruling out server-side errors but I'm thinking its more hardware then software. Screenshots and video are differently necessary. Especially video. As a developer I would love to have a much video of the error as I can so I can replicate the steps the user has taken so I can try to re-create the scenario.

If you see Grammar or Spelling errors. I am starting to experience the long term effects of ten plus concussions.
  • I noticed that if everyone is readied up before the countdown ends that I seem to have no issue entering games. It’s when someone remains not ready that I seem to get dressing room error about 70% of the time.
  • With me it doesn’t matter if players are readied or not. About 95% of the time I get the error code in a full 6v6 game.
  • Day FOUR now and still no solution to the problem. At this point EA has essentially stolen at least $20 from anyone who preordered and doesn't play HUT. Guess next year I'll save my money and wait until the devs figure out how to fix the broken game they release every year.
  • I am playing with a few friends in World of CHEL and we are 5 people only one of us has Ultimate Edition and he is the only one with the dressing room error so maybe thats the problem?
  • Here is the screenshot of the dressingroom error

https://imgur.com/a/ETDhIX7
  • I get it more often than my friends, get it now and got it as the "Failed to retrieve data error" In the beta and reported it, I can post screenshots at will on here. All recommended ports are forwarded to my static IP address which is the PS4, I have tried changing to different DNS, reinstalling the game and nothing has worked. It does seem to happen to me when I play with certain friends, never happened on the Xbox EA access for me. just posting for more insight.
  • I get it in about 2/3 the games I play. I seem to have better luck the less players in the game. I had the same issue in the beta which seems to be consistent with others here. I have a PS4 Pro. Seems unlikely that’s the root of the issue but just taking a shot in the dark. I can also confirm it doesn’t matter who my opponent is. I’ve had it work one game and got matched up against the same team and got booted.
  • Also the guys I play with are local and it doesn’t seem to matter who’s hosting or who’s home or away.
  • is this gonna fixed anytime soon. idk why i paid $100 for early access :/
  • barrett098 wrote: »
    is this gonna fixed anytime soon. idk why i paid $100 for early access :/

Doesn't seem like it admins haven't talked about the issue at all other than "we are aware and working on a fix" which is the answer they will give about ANY thing lol
  • I'm having the same problem as many others. I have a club with two friends and only one of us has not experienced the error. The solution so far has been that we close the application and restart the game after every match, so the chances to get in are higher. If we don't do that, either all of us get the error or one of us is left out.

You know you get in when after matchmaking with another team the player character disappears from the screen and as the timer runs out, the background (with the foggy lights) turns all black. If the background doesn't turn black, it means you won't get in.

Restarting the game is the only solution I've found that works. Nothing else matters and if you don't restart after every succesful match, you can be almost certain you won't get in the next time.

To me it seems like the exact same error that was happening during the beta with the exception that back then it was "network error" instead of "dressing room error". I seriously wonder if EA just renamed the error before releasing the game, wouldn't even surprise me.
  • Kristian_Valo
    3 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I have the dressing room error everytime when i try go to second match on world of chel. Anyone else having these exact problems??
  • If you just go into network and do network connection test and go back into game it will reset your connection with EA servers and it will allow you to play 1 more match. you have to do this after every match. but it takes less time than resetting the app.
  • PrototypeX85
    115 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    If you just go into network and do network connection test and go back into game it will reset your connection with EA servers and it will allow you to play 1 more match. you have to do this after every match. but it takes less time than resetting the app.

Tried this. Didn't work.
    Post edited by PrototypeX85 on
  • If you just go into network and do network connection test and go back into game it will reset your connection with EA servers and it will allow you to play 1 more match. you have to do this after every match. but it takes less time than resetting the app.

Tried this. Didn't work.

sorry, hopefully they fix it soon because i will be expecting a refund if they dont.
  • PrototypeX85
    115 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    If you just go into network and do network connection test and go back into game it will reset your connection with EA servers and it will allow you to play 1 more match. you have to do this after every match. but it takes less time than resetting the app.

Tried this. Didn't work.

sorry, hopefully they fix it soon because i will be expecting a refund if they dont.

I hear ya. Really want to play club but haven't been able to get into a single game yet. Drops seem to work half the time, but I much prefer the competition in club games... which i can't play.
    Post edited by PrototypeX85 on
  • Ok so I’m playing on my ps4 and I’m unable to play ones and threes. I gave it a try (2 days) but 9 out of 10 games were unable to start because of locker room problems (threes) and the error code, failed retrieve game data (ones). Please give me a solution to fix this problem! Had high expectations but they fall apart!