EA Forums - Banner

Can we please get a salary cap???

Prev13
Honestly, I’m tired of running against teams of nothing but superstars already and it’s only been 3 days lol

Can EA please implement a competitive mode or at least tournaments or something where there’s a salary cap in place like how they had it back when HUT first came out so you couldn’t just throw together an all star team with the $$ these kids put on their credit cards?

Like when HUT first came out you could get those big contract cards and throw them on your players and if you upgraded them then when you put new contracts on them it would raise their salary...it should be the same story with this...have a salary cap of like 68mil...allow people to build their team around the salary cap...or do proper matchmaking through team overalls or something so I’m not stuck with my team where my best player besides Gretzky is a 79 overall while everyone I’m playing is running around with Malkin and all the studs on their squad already

Replies

• Honestly, I’m tired of running against teams of nothing but superstars already and it’s only been 3 days lol

Can EA please implement a competitive mode or at least tournaments or something where there’s a salary cap in place like how they had it back when HUT first came out so you couldn’t just throw together an all star team with the $$ these kids put on their credit cards?

Like when HUT first came out you could get those big contract cards and throw them on your players and if you upgraded them then when you put new contracts on them it would raise their salary...it should be the same story with this...have a salary cap of like 68mil...allow people to build their team around the salary cap...or do proper matchmaking through team overalls or something so I’m not stuck with my team where my best player besides Gretzky is a 79 overall while everyone I’m playing is running around with Malkin and all the studs on their squad already

Its extremely easy to build i good team. Ive played hut for 15 hours mabye give or take and have made 150,000 coins already from challenges and milestones.
  • Its called ultimate team so your supposed to build the best possible team.
    Its a no from me.
  • There should be a Tounament or something like that with a salary Cap or Limitations on the Roster. Why are all these NON-NHL Player in the Packages? You will never see them playing.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    While I agree HUT needs better matchmaking the stacking of teams is not an issue since the dynamic difficulty adjustment will give the weaker team a boost every time. That’s why a 79 player can play exactly like your Gretzky and it’s why if you dominate with your stacked team and only give up 6 shots 4 will go in your net.
  • Its called ultimate team so your supposed to build the best possible team.
    Its a no from me.

Stacked teams from day 1?
  • Then all bronze and silver Player can be removed. No need for playing with them....
  • Honestly, I’m tired of running against teams of nothing but superstars already and it’s only been 3 days lol

This is a load of crap really.

I've played 15 online games. Both divisional and competitive. Haven't seen a Malkin, or a Crosby, no OV either. Seen Stamkos twice.

Karlsson....nope. No Burns either. Most of the legends I've seen are loaners.
  • nWoDust wrote: »
    Honestly, I’m tired of running against teams of nothing but superstars already and it’s only been 3 days lol

I've played 15 online games. Both divisional and competitive. Haven't seen a Malkin, or a Crosby, no OV either. Seen Stamkos twice.

I played a game last night, faced Kane, Crosby, Gretzky, Mcdavid, Karlsson, Letang, amongst other top players on a team. So yes, it does happen, and seeing as how the full release has only been 2 days it's a little ridiculous.

they shouldn't restrict the whole mode, but having a sub mode in it where you can play salary restricted games online wouldn't be a bad idea if the matchmaking works
  • Invidia300 wrote: »
    nWoDust wrote: »

I played a game last night, faced Kane, Crosby, Gretzky, Mcdavid, Karlsson, Letang, amongst other top players on a team. So yes, it does happen, and seeing as how the full release has only been 2 days it's a little ridiculous.

they shouldn't restrict the whole mode, but having a sub mode in it where you can play salary restricted games online wouldn't be a bad idea if the matchmaking works

So what? So you had to face a team with made up of the top players? I've played enough HUT online over the past weekend since I got the game on the 14th to say right now teams like that are the exception not the rule. I've yet to face a team like this in online or competitive seasons, so I doubt your matching up with super teams game after game.

So you want EA to spend time and money to build out this mode so you and the very small handful of players who keep crying about the need for a salary cap can wait 2-3 hours between games and play each other?

Give me a break.
  • i think adding a cap is a good idea. the NHL has one, why not it's video game?
  • There is many options to play that one of them could include a salary cap.

Maybe they could also add an incentive to play with a team with a lower salary cap (ie have a multiplier for the coins you get at the end of a game based on your salary cap compared to your opponent)
  • Invidia300
    16 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Invidia300 wrote: »

So what? So you had to face a team with made up of the top players? I've played enough HUT online over the past weekend since I got the game on the 14th to say right now teams like that are the exception not the rule. I've yet to face a team like this in online or competitive seasons, so I doubt your matching up with super teams game after game.

So you want EA to spend time and money to build out this mode so you and the very small handful of players who keep crying about the need for a salary cap can wait 2-3 hours between games and play each other?

Give me a break.

I'm saying that not everybody wants to drop tons upon tons of real money into a video game for top players and not everybody has the time to build up a team and grind out in order to afford one. I work 65+ hours per week, so for someone like me, I feel like it kills motivation to play this mode because i can have even a decently built team and then match up against a completely stacked team who is faster and harder hitting than mine and can't do anything about it.

You said you didn't want them to change the whole mode...I'm giving another option of having a cap mode in there where you can have a team built up in a realistic way and play against other people who also choose to play that way. Not everybody has all the time in the world to sit there and grind out the hundreds of challenges to be able to afford players like that and I personally won't drop the money on packs, especially this year because there is no guarantee of getting anybody decent in the packs unless you spend $25 per pack on that player only pack, but even then people are saying that they aren't getting players.

If you have the time or feel like spending the money to be able to stack your team out like that then that's fine, you're right, it's called ultimate team mode for a reason, but not everybody likes that. For you to say "well they would have to spend time and money to build out this mode" is funny because they spend time and money building out other modes that nobody plays like when they did the winter classic mode a couple of years ago where you could only play the ai or vs someone via couch play, but that was ok to you? notice how it isn't in the game anymore. They also spend time and money on clown gear this year and making it so you play drop in games on an outdoor rink and there are a ton of people that have issues with that.

So with all of that being said I really don't see any reason why they shouldn't try this, maybe some people would like playing with a salary cap so they can have a realistic team and have an actual strategy to building their team and play other people in the same restriction, especially since they don't have GM Connected anymore to be able to have a competitive mode like that where you have to actually have a strategy to building your team instead of just loading up all the top players in the game and calling yourself good at the game.

And if not anything else then when playoff time comes or the competitive seasons comes into play then there should be a salary cap. something so there's an actual strategy involved. You can sit here and tell me "it's called HUT for a reason" or whatever other line you wanna pitch me, but the fact of the matter is that when HUT first came out they had a cap in place and it took a strategy to build out your team and maintain your team. You were still able to have a fairly stacked team, but you had to make decisions on who to keep and who to cut. It's as simple as that. Instead right now it's a pay to win scenario.
  • [/quote] Instead right now it's a pay to win scenario.[/quote]

See, that's the problem, it's not "pay-to-win", never has been.

I don't spend a single cent on HUT. Don't grind the auction house anymore either (not since Change Team cards disappeared).

I've never had a true top end team, in any version. And I am competitive, usually fluctuated between Div. 1 and 2. And I don't considered myself a really good player, at all. There are 1000s of guys much better at this game than I am.

You want to build a salary cap team? Go ahead, institute your own salary cap, pick whatever number you want, and have at it. No one is stopping you.

But this whining about how you don't like facing high-end teams this early in the game comes across as entitled complaining. Period.
  • nWoDust wrote: »
    Instead right now it's a pay to win scenario.[/quote]

I don't spend a single cent on HUT. Don't grind the auction house anymore either (not since Change Team cards disappeared).

I've never had a true top end team, in any version. And I am competitive, usually fluctuated between Div. 1 and 2. And I don't considered myself a really good player, at all. There are 1000s of guys much better at this game than I am.

You want to build a salary cap team? Go ahead, institute your own salary cap, pick whatever number you want, and have at it. No one is stopping you.

But this whining about how you don't like facing high-end teams this early in the game comes across as entitled complaining. Period.
    [/quote]

i literally said multiple times that they could just put in a mode within HUT. my god this community is so toxic and difficult to have a normal conversation with lol

i stated i didn't like a certain part about the game, i threw an idea out there that could 1. add more depth and strategy to the mode and 2. have another competitive aspect and 3. not change the rest of the mode for people that like it the way it is.

God forbid somebody throws an idea out there tho lol that's fine tho, glad to know that not a single person on here can have a normal conversation tho, like no wonder why EA doesn't listen to you guys lol
  • i stated i didn't like a certain part about the game, i threw an idea out there that could 1. add more depth and strategy to the mode and 2. have another competitive aspect and 3. not change the rest of the mode for people that like it the way it is.
    God forbid somebody throws an idea out there tho lol that's fine tho, glad to know that not a single person on here can have a normal conversation tho, like no wonder why EA doesn't listen to you guys lol

tru dat 300...message boards gonna message board i guess.

i like the idea of a cap in HUT....as i posted above. the NHL has one and EA tagline is "It's in the Game" so.....
  • I'm joining the conversation late and I don't know if this has been stated, but didn't EA have something like a salary cap implemented when HUT was first introduced a few years ago?
  • Invidia300 wrote: »
    Instead right now it's a pay to win scenario.

[/quote]

i literally said multiple times that they could just put in a mode within HUT. my god this community is so toxic and difficult to have a normal conversation with lol

i stated i didn't like a certain part about the game, i threw an idea out there that could 1. add more depth and strategy to the mode and 2. have another competitive aspect and 3. not change the rest of the mode for people that like it the way it is.

God forbid somebody throws an idea out there tho lol that's fine tho, glad to know that not a single person on here can have a normal conversation tho, like no wonder why EA doesn't listen to you guys lol[/quote]

So go and play that way. My whole point is no one is stopping you from saying to yourself "I'm not going to have my team salary over X number of dollars" and building your team as such. There isn't a single rule in HUT mode that says you have to build your team with only players with the highest ratings. Build your team however you want to.

What difference does it make what your opponent does with his/her team?

• +1 for salary cap, atleast for competive tournaments.
  • Instead of having a salary cap. Please add compative Seasons for pure Silver or Bronze Teams. Or a Comp. Season for some non-NHL Leagues so that it makes sense to have these Players and build a Team with them.
  • Instead of having a salary cap. Please add compative Seasons for pure Silver or Bronze Teams. Or a Comp. Season for some non-NHL Leagues so that it makes sense to have these Players and build a Team with them.

i favor a cap but i think this is a great idea too.

i had a FIFA Ultimate Team game on tablet several years ago and these were some of the features i remember. i also remember it using something other than Synergies but you wanted to get players that were the same club, League or nation to make them work better together. i just forget what they called it.

but you wanted to play a Premier League season you needed at least 8 or so players to be eligible.