EA Forums - Banner

Dressing Room Error - PS4

Replies

• disappointment period
  • Allow me to add my voice to this issue.

I am getting the Dressing Room Error on Ones and EASHL drop-in and club games. I haven't been able to get Pro Am to start since purchase.

On EASHL I've been able to play 2 club games, but after that game, I get the 'DRE' every time. Reset my router and restarted the game and it did not help. It happens after the clock counts down to start the game in lobby.

In Ones, I am able to get into the first match, but after that, when I go to continue it bumps me back to the main screen and after trying to restart a match I get the error.

Sorry EA, I know you are aware, but this is unacceptable to launch a game this fundamentally buggy.

PSN handle is Bunnymen21
  • Bunnymen21 wrote: »
    Allow me to add my voice to this issue.

I am getting the Dressing Room Error on Ones and EASHL drop-in and club games. I haven't been able to get Pro Am to start since purchase.

On EASHL I've been able to play 2 club games, but after that game, I get the 'DRE' every time. Reset my router and restarted the game and it did not help. It happens after the clock counts down to start the game in lobby.

In Ones, I am able to get into the first match, but after that, when I go to continue it bumps me back to the main screen and after trying to restart a match I get the error.

Sorry EA, I know you are aware, but this is unacceptable to launch a game this fundamentally buggy.

PSN handle is Bunnymen21

The sad thing is..... this issue was report by myself and others FIVE days ago, on the 11th, TUESDAY it is now SUNDAY and there still hasn't been a fix. This is going to sink this game IMO. Already too late people aren't playing the game already
  • John403
    26 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Why are we getting no response from anybody from EA all of a sudden? Cmon boys! We need to hear something soon.
  • Bought a game that doesn't work and I can't do anything about it. This is ridiculous. Guess my days playing nhl are done
  • kd_carriveau
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Great, was really looking forward to NHL 19 and hoping I wouldn't have to restart the game after every 3's game. Looks like this is the case with every type of game in NHL 19. I have been having to restart after every 1v1v1 game because of this dressing room error
  • I want my money back. I say we band together and demand our money back
  • I don’t care if this is fixed they sold a broken product they knew the issue and still proceeded to gouge the public.
  • Hawkgoalie wrote: »
    Bunnymen21 wrote: »
    Allow me to add my voice to this issue.

PSN handle is Bunnymen21

The sad thing is..... this issue was report by myself and others FIVE days ago, on the 11th, TUESDAY it is now SUNDAY and there still hasn't been a fix. This is going to sink this game IMO. Already too late people aren't playing the game already

The even sadder thing is that people complained about this crap in the beta. They didn't fix the issues, and still released the game in this state.
  • Rx7RaVeN1
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    So I just got power back after the hurricane and tried playing some EASHL over my wireless hot spot and I was able to get into every game I tried. We did wait for the time to hit 0. I'm thinking maybe this is router related?
  • Hey guys, go here and see if this helps you at all. Since EA is being EA I hope this helps! https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/dressing-room-error-fix.278578/#post-1804040
  • @xxxtailz doesnt work. Ive used that always... still getting screwed.

I will rage if there is a tuner patch before they fix this

• @vampofvegas sorry to hear it man, I would say mess around with some setting until they decide they want to fix it.
  • Perryscores10
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This fixed it for me. Played 6 straight no issue. Did this on a lan connection. Probably works for wireless as well. You know when you get in because the background lighting disappears and goes all black. Follow these instructions:

From your PS4 menu
    Network settings -> set up connection -> use a LAN cable -> custom -> Automatic IP address -> DHCP Host name do not specify -> DNS Manual Primary 8.8.8.8 secondary 8.8.4.4 -> MTU automatic -> proxy do not use
    Post edited by Perryscores10 on
  • D_Holland21
    16 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This fixed it for me. Played 6 straight no issue. Did this on a lan connection. Probably works for wireless as well. You know when you get in because the background lighting disappears and goes all black. Follow these instructions:

From your PS4 menu
    Network settings -> set up connection -> use a LAN cable -> custom -> Automatic IP address -> DHCP Host name do not specify -> DNS Manual Primary 8.8.8.8 secondary 8.8.4.4 -> MTU automatic -> proxy do not use

Basically all you are changing is the DNS to googles. I’ve been using this for years and it hasn’t changed a thing for me. EA needs to fix this on their end.
  • Why is it the Devs are asking for photos to prove the error? The screen comes up "Dressing Room Error" period, thats it. Nothing we can do, nothing we can change. 99% of games for me if (by some miracle they even find a game in 6v6 OTP). Most of the time, it comes back and says "error cant find game".

I can only play "Threes" the arcade style game. And even that doesnt load every game, Id say more like 33% of the time it works, but since it actually finds games relatively fast in that mode, then its much easier to reset and try again.

Really, really terrible that it is this broken where an entire mode of the game is completely useless. I guess I shouldnt expect any different and I have only myself to blame for buying yet another year of NHL. I so wish some other company would make a decent hockey game who actually cares about putting out a decent product. 2018 and EA still cant figure out how to release an NHL game that actually works.
  • JSilvers
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Quote removed.
    it was an issue in beta.

So this has been going on since the BETA????? Thats pathetic!

[edited swear filter]
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • taklaaja
    3 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    I was playing on my friends place on PS4. Friend has fibre-optic connection. Managed to get 11 games no problems, most of them 6vs6. Went back to home, where I have cable internet connection. Alas, atleast 75% time I get this Dressing Room Error. Now switched to using mobile connection via hotspot on my cellphone. 2 games no problem, will try for more.

What connections you people are using?
  • I have Fiber so it’s not that. I’m with Shaw and I’m using the default wireless modem they provided me, although my PS4 is wired to it. A bunch of my buddies are with Shaw as well and they aren’t particularly tech savvy so I doubt they would be using their own routers.

I could tinker on my end to try and find a workaround but I have to be honest, this seems very strange to me. I can play dozens of other games online with no issue, including every other previous iteration of NHL. This is clearly a configuration issue on their end and I find it baffling it’s taken them this long to identify a solution for a problem that’s existed since the beta.
  • EA_Roger
    1483 posts EA Community Manager
    Hello,

Thank you for your continued patience while our devs work on this issue. Just a reminder that this Mega-thread is for PlayStation players encountering the "Dressing room Error in EASHL" if you are running into a different issue or are getting a different error please create a separate thread.

Given that this issue isn't wide-spread & some of you are able to play using hotspots on your phones this may mean that the issue could lie with your home network. We believe that opening your ports may help with this.

WHAT ARE PORTS?
    Ports are endpoints between two connections. A port number is assigned to each end, like an address, to direct the flow of internet traffic.

With that in mind would you be able to Open your PS4 & NHL ports:

PlayStation Ports:

TCP
    80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480

UDP
    3478, 3479

Source: https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/nw_test.html

NHL - PlayStation 4 ports:

UDP
    3659, 6000, 10000-10150

TCP
    80, 443, 10000-10150, 42127

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/#nhl

Thanks,

Roger.