EA Forums - Banner

So when is that timer for matchmaking gonna get increased?

You guys said to help games fill up with randoms you'd increase the timer from 30 seconds to something longer so people can fill games. Seems like an easy update, so when is that change going to be implemented?

Replies

• Hopefully they do something asap. I have yet to play a single EASHL drop in game.
  • In the time that I owned the game I think I was able to finally get into one EASHL game, which didn't last long before connection was lost. Thankfully my refund just came through so I didn't waste any money on this. This will be the first NHL game that I've skipped. Hopefully another studio makes a hockey game soon so that EA will actually have some competition. Maybe then they will fix their game. How their matchmaking and multiplayer design decisions get worse and worse every year is beyond me.
  • Should increase search time too. 1 hour is definitely not enough...
  • A reply would be cool
  • @NHL_ONL_Producer @NHLDev My search time for drop-ins seem to be never ending. High population?? 5min avg. search time?? I’ve spent over an hour searching and only got “Failed to find an opponent” every time not to mention the dressing room errors I get as well. Please give us an update on what the issue is and how long it will take to fix this. EASHL is unplayable for me and is the only game mode I’m interested in. Very poor experience
  • I've replied to a few of the other drop-in matchmaking threads, apologies i haven't gotten to this one until now. Our team is investigating the matchmaking issues in Drop-in and this is currently our highest priority item that we are investigating. The search timers were actually increased last week but that didn't lead to more successful matches so we are investigating as to why.
  • I've replied to a few of the other drop-in matchmaking threads, apologies i haven't gotten to this one until now. Our team is investigating the matchmaking issues in Drop-in and this is currently our highest priority item that we are investigating. The search timers were actually increased last week but that didn't lead to more successful matches so we are investigating as to why.

I'm talking about after a lobby is made. Still 30 seconds. You don't even get into a lobby in 30 seconds. Increase that timer so solo people can find 6s too.
  • It was 2 and a half mins in the beta and people joined into games to fill cpu spaces. Make it maybe 1:30 and people can actually fill up those spots. It's an easy fix. Change a number in the coding. Bam, done. No investigation needed and it will help people find 6s more often before your community loses people. @NHL_ONL_Producer
  • @HoodHoppers In case you didn't know, after you leave the DR to enter the "Drop-In" lobby... it don't matter how long the timer is, because no one else is going to enter the room. If you don't see 6v6 once you enter, leave it & research. They increased the search time, cause it tries to fill up a lobby then launches it. It's a pain, trust me... but it's still possible to find 6s going in drop-in, but tough.
  • Sebbyx13x wrote: »
    @HoodHoppers In case you didn't know, after you leave the DR to enter the "Drop-In" lobby... it don't matter how long the timer is, because no one else is going to enter the room. If you don't see 6v6 once you enter, leave it & research. They increased the search time, cause it tries to fill up a lobby then launches it. It's a pain, trust me... but it's still possible to find 6s going in drop-in, but tough.

The reason why nobody joins in is because the timer is too quick. It typically takes longer than 30 seconds to get thrown into a lobby, so obviously nobody is going to join into a game with less than 30 seconds left before it starts (which it's at 30 seconds now). It's impossible to fill up. That's why they need to increase that timer.
  • Bumping so they read above
  • Sebbyx13x wrote: »
    @HoodHoppers In case you didn't know, after you leave the DR to enter the "Drop-In" lobby... it don't matter how long the timer is, because no one else is going to enter the room. If you don't see 6v6 once you enter, leave it & research. They increased the search time, cause it tries to fill up a lobby then launches it. It's a pain, trust me... but it's still possible to find 6s going in drop-in, but tough.

The reason why nobody joins in is because the timer is too quick. It typically takes longer than 30 seconds to get thrown into a lobby, so obviously nobody is going to join into a game with less than 30 seconds left before it starts (which it's at 30 seconds now). It's impossible to fill up. That's why they need to increase that timer.

I don't know if you're aware, but it's not designed to match after it matches two teams.
  • GxSwizz wrote: »
    Sebbyx13x wrote: »

I don't know if you're aware, but it's not designed to match after it matches two teams.

It did in the beta. And also why would the timer be 30 seconds if there was no design for it? Could have made it 10-15 seconds.

It did in the beta. And also why would the timer be 30 seconds if there was no design for it? Could have made it 10-15 seconds.

The 30 seconds is for you editing your loadout if need be. If you picked a playmaker and saw that the opposing team has all big hitters, would you change your loadout? I would, and with how long everything takes to load, 10-15 sec is not enough.
  • Marc110_98
    805 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    One team has one CPU everyone leaves. Stop playing drop in then.
    Post edited by Socair on

You have got to be kidding me???

You have got to be kidding me???

No sir. Their attempt to curb slow searches and thwart trolls from griefing lobbies actually did more damage than the one troll can ever do.
  • Still have no idea why aren't going back to the beta way of finding games. It was much more efficient. I'm guessing cuz of the codes.